McGeady nears Celtic exit?

McGeady is better than Bentley and Kranjcar, btw yous are a top 4 team now :p

That is laughable mate, these are our wingers that are easily better then him...

Lennon, Modric, Kranjcar, Bentley, Bale, Dos Santos. The premier league is a much much higher standard then the SPL, and Kranjcar and Bentley would own the SPL.

That is laughable mate, these are our wingers that are easily better then him...

Lennon, Modric, Kranjcar, Bentley, Bale, Dos Santos. The premier league is a much much higher standard then the SPL, and Kranjcar and Bentley would own the SPL.
McGeady did own the Spl, Lennon would be slightly better, Modric is amazing, McGeady is beter than Kranjcar and i like Kranjcar, harry hates Bentley and dosnt play him anymore so there is no way of judging Bentley, Harry wants Bale to Develop into a world class lb so he will play him there and Dos Sanyos had a good world cup that dosn make him anything special the last time he played for spurs he was ****.

Where did i say he was dreadful oO)

All i said was that he wouldn't get on our bench let alone 'easily walk into a top 6 team'.

I'd like to see McGeady do all of that in the premier league BTW.

The SPL is about the standard of the Championship

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

McGeady did own the Spl, Lennon would be slightly better, Modric is amazing, McGeady is beter than Kranjcar and i like Kranjcar, harry hates Bentley and dosnt play him anymore so there is no way of judging Bentley, Harry wants Bale to Develop into a world class lb so he will play him there and Dos Sanyos had a good world cup that dosn make him anything special the last time he played for spurs he was ****.

XD Dos Santos played last week, against Villareal I was at the game, he scored and was immense. Lennon is much better, McGeady scored 1 more goals then Kranjcar last season and he didnt even start for us most of the time, and McGeady has never scored for Ireland for christ sake, and hes played 32 games! Thats is shocking.

All i said was that he wouldn't get on our bench let alone 'easily walk into a top 6 team'.

Sorry you diddn't actully use the word "dreadful" but still, your condemning him as though he's rubbish. Yes the SPL ain't exactly La Liga, but UCL is a massive step up, McGeady has been good for Celtic on European nights countlessly, he could easily break into Spurs if Modric wasn't there, and i'm pretty sure if someone has £30mil Modric won't be.

Have to agree with CJ on the EPL being much higher standard -- the fact there's very few top Scottish players at top EPL or European clubs shows there's something missing atm. Celtic and Rangers do well in one-off games, but I doubt they could do it every week. As an example, though I think both clubs are better than the team I'm going to mention, Burnley almost beat all-comers in the league cup, but were then roundly spanked pretty much every other game when they got promoted.

McGready's quite good though, and I think he'll do well if he goes to Russia.

£9.5M is a good deal, plus they are saving about £1.5 p/year on wages, they could use that to invest in two or three good players. I don't rate McGeady tbh.

Sorry you diddn't actully use the word "dreadful" but still, your condemning him as though he's rubbish. Yes the SPL ain't exactly La Liga, but UCL is a massive step up, McGeady has been good for Celtic on European nights countlessly, he could easily break into Spurs if Modric wasn't there, and i'm pretty sure if someone has £30mil Modric won't be.

Thats not the point, and where would McGeady play then....Bale left wing, Lennon right oO)

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

XD Dos Santos played last week, against Villareal I was at the game, he scored and was immense. Lennon is much better, McGeady scored 1 more goals then Kranjcar last season and he didnt even start for us most of the time, and McGeady has never scored for Ireland for christ sake, and hes played 32 games! Thats is shocking.
McGeady has came of the bench for most of his Ireland Caps and Its not a wingers job to score, He played 11 more games than Kranjcar and go more assists which is his job, Dos santos playd 14 games in the Turkish league which is marginally better than the Spl. Forest played last week against Lyon and was immense is he better than McGeady, NO!

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Thats not the point, and where would McGeady play then....Bale left wing, Lennon right oO)
Bale in lb 'arry said he wants him to develop into a world class lb and he wont do that playing lw

Ah, forgot Bale tbh =d, still not putting on the bench is too far IMO.

I'm not taking the **** or anything but this would be our lineup atm.

Gomes
Corluka King Dawson BAE
Lennon Thudd Modric Bale
Pavlyuchenko Defoe

Bench: Cudicini, Naughton, Bassong, Palacios, Kranjcar, Bentley, Crouch.

So where would McGeady go? and theres still Dos Santos, who IMO is still much better then McGeady.

I'm not taking the **** or anything but this would be our lineup atm.

Gomes
Corluka King Dawson BAE
Lennon Thudd Modric Bale
Pavlyuchenko Defoe

Bench: Cudicini, Naughton, Bassong, Palacios, Kranjcar, Bentley, Crouch.

So where would McGeady go? and theres still Dos Santos, who IMO is still much better then McGeady.
Well i am just going to have to agree to disagree with you because i think that bale will be in lb and that McGeady is better than Kranjcar, Dos Santos and Bentley :S

Well i am just going to have to agree to disagree with you because i think that bale will be in lb and that McGeady is better than Kranjcar, Dos Santos and Bentley :S

Obviously oO) I'd like to see McGeady score a Hat-trick against Man United, or a 40 yard volley against Arsenal, or even score internationally for that matter XD

Obviously oO) I'd like to see McGeady score a Hat-trick against Man United, or a 40 yard volley against Arsenal, or even score internationally for that matter XD
I am going to stop agruing with you because you think that McGeady isnt good enough i think he is leave it at that and we will see if he joins the prem.

Dos Santos hasn't performed for Spurs, but his talent shouldn't be underestimated -- Barcelona didn't want him to leave and AC Milan are looking into signing him (according to reports.) He's maybe just a little light-weight for the Prem. McGready is good, but until he plays in another league it will be difficult to tell his true worth. Look at Hutton, we signed him for a fortune and he slipped down the pecking order in a matter of months due to being caught out on numerous occasions in defensive situations -- something that was rarely brought to light in the SPL.

The fact of the matter is, that McGeady cannot be classed as better then the likes of Bentley, Kranjcar, and Dos Santos, until he either comes to the Premier League, or does something on the world stage.

If McGeady was good enough for a top 6 side then for £9m (ish) surely someone would of snapped him up?

The probem is if he goes who do we play on the wings? McCourt and Maloney? Maloney is too injury prone and so fae Juarez has looked like a DM.