McGeady nears Celtic exit?

Never rated him, I'd say he's worth about £4-5m at most so good deal for Celtic. I think he'll flop at wherever he goes to next though.

The probem is if he goes who do we play on the wings? McCourt and Maloney? Maloney is too injury prone and so fae Juarez has looked like a DM.

Doesn't worry me that much tbh, Mcginn, McCourt, Forrest & Slane, plus with 9mil we could sign another.

To be honest Celtic are in the same position as Rangers were with Alan Hutton, they sell him for £9.5m now, or keep him & use him and sell him for more... i hope.

I disagree, I think this is the height of his value and if Celtic don't sell I think we'll see another Boruc story where a couple of seasons ago we were talking £10 million for Boruc, and what did we sell him for £1.5 million or something.

I'm a Celtic fan so naturally I love McGeady but I don't think he's worth £9.5 million so yeah I think it's a great deal for Celtic.

I think Kranjar would be much more consistent than McGeady and Aston Villasaid they won't go a penny over £7.5 million (still a good deal).

Anyway I still think will the signings we made we should be good for the title this season, and maybe even a few more signings if this deal goes through, if Celtic havn't spent it already on Daryl Murphy and co.

I can't believe what I'm reading here!

Shay, take the green-tinted specs off for a minute. McGeady is a great SPL player, but realistically he's a mid-table Premiership winger. To suggest he's better than Krancjar is laughable!!! His weakness is pace - how many times do we see him use his skill to get past a man, only to turn back after being caught up? The EPL relies heavily on pace, and he's not technically good enough to hack it with a top 6 club without it.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Dos Santos hasn't performed for Spurs, but his talent shouldn't be underestimated -- Barcelona didn't want him to leave and AC Milan are looking into signing him (according to reports.) He's maybe just a little light-weight for the Prem. McGready is good, but until he plays in another league it will be difficult to tell his true worth. Look at Hutton, we signed him for a fortune and he slipped down the pecking order in a matter of months due to being caught out on numerous occasions in defensive situations -- something that was rarely brought to light in the SPL.

Hutton did get caught out several times in the SPL, but he used his pace to get back and challenge - problem is, like I just mentioned the EPL has players with so much more pace overall, he can't rely on being quicker than his opposite number.

Decent player but an over the top price tag. Be happy with this and take it if I was a Celtic fan.

I think its fair money. Lets just say he is equal to a mid table prem winger then take a look how much they would cost.