Merry Christmas from Skeletor (NOW 12!!! seasons unbeaten at home and counting)

Ok guys I need some help, testers.

Post your full underdog seasons! I can't decide on the role that the Defensive Midfielder should play (try some other roles please). Corner goal stats needed.

I have tweaked my tactic to be stronger for underdogs. I have used Bournemouth and tweaked throughout a season. Therefore, I had some initial losses that ruin my final table screenshot (ultimately that's what people want to see). I completed the league regardless and finished 2nd in season 1. I didn't want to post that, as who wants 2nd. So I saved at a test point half way in a mad run of fixtures so I could go back and work on strengthening it. Ignore the Huddersfield loss and the saints game (won comfortably in the proper save), they are 11 subs, all I wanted was to test in the underdog games.
View attachment 71636
Those look good to me and don't forget this is virtually no signings, quick pick and no rotation. I have added a decent little cornerbang that you need a right footer on the left, left on the right that got 14 in 38, in the weaker tactic. So I am hoping for 1 corner goal in 3 games with this tactic.

The tactic is still the powerful first version but just a little more defensive in terms of team instructions and player roles and I have a nice balance now. I would say replace my first tactic with this...plug in and play! your thoughts please?

The tactic: (Edits: just noticed the wing backs on defensive corners from the left should be set to Man Mark not Go Back) please change.)(Probably too many long shots but I don't know if they are whats helping the underdog so I have left it for now)

Tactic removed, not 100% happy...back to the underdog drawing board. close but not close enough.

Last edited:
Ok guys I need some help, testers.

Post your full underdog season's! I can't decide on the role that the Defensive Midfielder should play (try some other roles please). Corner goal stats needed.

I have tweaked my tactic to be stronger for underdogs. I have used Bournemouth and tweaked throughout a season. Therefore, I had some initial losses that ruin my final table screenshot (ultimately that's what people want to see). I completed the league regardless and finished 2nd in season 1. I didn't want to post that, as who wants 2nd. So I saved at a test point half way in a mad run of fixtures so I could go back and work on strengthening it. Ignore the Huddersfield loss and the saints game (won comfortably in the proper save), they are 11 subs, all I wanted was to test in the underdog games.
View attachment 1141444
Those look good to me and don't forget this is virtually no signings, quick pick and no rotation. I have added a decent little cornerbang that you need a right footer on the left, left on the right that got 14 in 38, in the weaker tactic. So I am hoping for 1 corner goal in 3 games with this tactic.

The tactic is still the powerful first version but just a little more defensive in terms of team instructions and player roles and I have a nice balance now. I would say replace my first tactic with this...plug in and play! your thoughts please?

The tactic: (Edits: just noticed the wing backs on defensive corners from the right should be set to Man Mark not Go Back) please change.)

View attachment 1141446

Hi man, congrat for the fantastic tactic, i won all competitions in first season with juve, you can see the screens in the previous pages ;) but the last tactic is only for underdog teams?

Hi man, congrat for the fantastic tactic, i won all competitions in first season with juve, you can see the screens in the previous pages ;) but the last tactic is only for underdog teams?

No this is to replace that one!!! plug in and play!!! (don't worry its only tweaks to tighten up it's still the same class tactic as version 1)

Right I registered after using this site for years just to comment on this - I love it (not the Underdog tweak - not tried that)

LOOK at this Sunderland run:

0E4548FC9DBFB27D1E45F67CD9D00B4449829885

I started using the tactic after the 2-1 loss to Wolves and only lost (meaningfully) against Watford (thanks to me conceding 2 at the bitter end :().

The amount and quality of the goals this tactic produces is nothing short of spectacular, I salute you sir!

Last edited:
Thank you. I shared this tactic for people like you, enjoy!

Right I registered after using this site for years just to comment on this - I love it (not the Underdog tweak - not tried that)

LOOK at this Sunderland run:

0E4548FC9DBFB27D1E45F67CD9D00B4449829885

I started using the tactic after the 2-1 loss to Wolves and only lost (meaningfully) against Watford (thanks to me conceding 2 at the bitter end :().

The amount and quality of the goals this tactic produces is nothing short of spectacular, I salute you sir!

I have removed the underdog tweak as I wasn't 100%. Those of you who downloaded feel free to tweak it but I don't think the added offside's and the player roles are as good as the original so back to the drawing board for me.

I have removed the underdog tweak as I wasn't 100%. Those of you who downloaded feel free to tweak it but I don't think the added offside's and the player roles are as good as the original so back to the drawing board for me.
The original is better ;)
Who is the corner taker in the original version?

Last edited:
Hi skeletor, first let me say this tactic is really good, I'm controlling a much lower league side but when your that low its impossible to find a complete forward, can you change this? say to a advanced forward?

Hi skeletor, first let me say this tactic is really good, I'm controlling a much lower league side but when your that low its impossible to find a complete forward, can you change this? say to a advanced forward?

you can easily change positions to suit your team, it's better to try changes on your own so your understand how things affect the tactic. For the first season i played with more defensive wingbacks and only 2 strikers, due to not being able to afford the type of players needed.

Second season with Juventus i do a quintuple, very unlucky in champions league, lost quarter final against monaco

any updates on the weaker side tactics yet skeletor? an eta perhaps?

hi man i have used another tactic with my team norwich for many seasons and won everything. but after the new patch 18.2.2 it doesnt work. i have now switched to ur tactic and it looks great. played 10 games and not lost. thanks and hope my luck has turned :)

Anyone still using this and if so what tactic version ?? having tried a few other tactics since Xmas i seem to not win anything so far apart from caraboa cup with Liverpool !!???

In the Opening post the tactic in the screen shots is deifferent to the last tactic for download !!!

My front 3 strikers in the new download show AF attck with poacher instead of DLF with CF ? any ideas

Update on progress, this is what your future will look like if you stick with this tactic.

Sextuple:
View attachment 1138946Nearly another Septuple, lost in Carabao Cup QF. (2 septuple's already)

Unbeaten season again:
View attachment 1138949 Fitness and playing B team cost me, 38 wins was doable.

Just 2 defeats in the in the entire calendar (both avenged)
View attachment 1138950View attachment 1138951View attachment 1138953View attachment 1138955

This tactic has taken me to 17th on the single game leaderboad (top 3 look like novelty 1000 year saves or hacks):
View attachment 1138961

The tactic again: View attachment 1138962

Please read below to find out how to best utilise this tactic and I will work on an underdog version in the near future.

Hello my name is David Morgan aka Skeletor (FMLive name) and I have been part of the Football Manager community for a long time but this is the first time I have decided to share a tactic. I played on Amiga when I was a teen and I have played every game for as long as I can remember in the steam years and before, fm15 being the best for me so far. I particularly loved (and I mean loved) Football Manager Live where I started as a pain in the *** and ended up as Moderator. If anyone from SI reads this, bring this back or something similar.

Anyway onto this amazing tactic (in my opinion) that I would like to share with you for Christmas. I have had stunning tactics in the past, some my own, some taken from FM BASE such as Mr L and Mr Hough tactics. However, since winning 52 trophies in an online game against great players from the FMLIVE era in FM15 I have struggled to dominate with FM16 and FM17. Perhaps you have been the same, well now I have a tactic and screenshots that may be your answer.

Skeletor doesn't usually share tactics but while its Christmas
attachment.php

Tactic Name: Merry Christmas from Skeletor

Tactic Formation: 2323
attachment.php

Tactical Information: OK, so this is pretty much plug in and play, your job is to keep your players fitness up. Low fitness, tiredness and injuries are all that's going to stop you. Therefore, I have a Team A 11 saved and Team B 11 also saved. So you need a squad of 2 players in every position and rotate.

Team A for all away Premier League games and big cup games. Team B for all minor cup games, European games and easy home games if you like. (perfect for giving your wonderkidsgame time)

My particular game hasn't been kind regenerating central defenders and wingbacks so I also recommend you retrain wonderkids to play in these positions. I find wingers make great wingbacks and defensive midfielders can slot in at Central Defence. Just make sure they have a decent tackling attribute of around 12+ will do, as their other over powered wonderkid attributes will cover their lack of natural position attributes. I originally had GURU corners on, whoever that is thanks, but I am pretty certain I have edited them in the 10+ seasons, so don't be surprised if they are nothing like the original, I honestly don't know.

OK so what screenshots you got you ask? well it took me about 4 seasons to create my tactic so I got off to a slow-ish start (and I was Koeman's messed up Everton so it took a little time) but by 2022/23 I was well on my way to domination and completed an unbeaten season in a run of 11 premier league titles in a row now I am in 2030/31.

In-fact we haven't lost a single home game in all of those 11 seasons. 9 champions league in 11, should have won this last one but I was typing this and wasn't concentrating lol. I have had 2 septuple's and honestly if you only win a treble you have had a bad season. Yes there is an element of player power but all you can do is win everything...so i will be interested to see how this tactic does in season 1, as I know how it does once you get established. it Dominates!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The Tactic will appear here when I find out how to attach it!

View attachment 1138384

Bonus information:

Never Leave opposition instructions to the *** man and I don't let the *** man do individual training either so I can retrain positions and individual traits. Everything else from training to interviews can be left to the assistant manager, maybe you should take friendlies to ensure all players are fit but that's your call. I find allowing team B players to be available for the u23's for 60 minutes keeps them pretty fresh but when the fixtures start to build up and games randomly end up on a Tuesday (I have weds/sat only, don't move matches for TV) then all those u23 players are tired or even unavailable. You can get caught out if you haven't looked at up and coming matches and worked out which side will face which side. Also watch out for the first game back after internationals after your players have been run into the ground by their international managers. You can withdraw them or set them to 45 mins per game to help you if it's just friendlies coming up.

Keep players happy! moaning players and team morale can create some mediocre performances and poor results. Having the Team B gives most enough playing time. But you can help morale by watching the concerns/happiness tab on the squad page. I reject any transfer requests, reject most offers unless the player is around 30 to cash in and importantly I choose is a valuable member of the dressing room when they coming ask to move. When they ask for a contract you say you have plenty of time remaining on your contract, NO. Nine times out of 10 that's enough unless they really do have a low wage then they moan and you have to go give them a better one instantly.

About my game, I watch in 2d as I am old school and it allows me to play faster on key highlights or even only commentary depending on the game. I play all games but holiday from game to game to make things go faster. I set 5 weeks pre-season, I often sub yellow carded players in big games and take of slightly injured players before the final whistle.

Disclaimer!!! If you don't like the tactic I am sorry I am just trying to help. Try to be nice in the comments.

Merry Christmas from Skeletor!
View attachment 1138393
Can't get these attachments off the bottom lol, so you get these for xmas too!!! mwa hah ha!!!

In the Opening post the tactic in the screen shots is deifferent to the last tactic for download !!!

My front 3 strikers in the new download show AF attck with poacher instead of DLF with CF ? any ideas
Use the tactic at the bottom in the first post, the right tactic have two DLP and a CF ;)

Tactic has been OK but failed when its mattered the most

As the OP says this is pretty much plug and play so im Using it with Hajduk Split, predicted to finish third. Pre season was great beat everyone, both teams equal and better than me, got to the first game of the season and bang my defence starts leaking goals lost 4-3. After this my league form got better but was knocked out of Europa League by Bronby in qualifiers and then the first round of the croatian cup by a team 3/4 divisions below.

Flirted with top spot but all of the crunch games the team seems to bottle, lost to the team in second 1-0 then the two teams directly below me 3-1 and 2-1. Currently sat in third just before winter break, may see this tactic through for the season