Peterz

Reaction score
is it messi is always win s the golden ball in your save game in fm 2011???cause he is always win the golden ball in my save game..i already play till 2020 and he win the golden ball in 9 times in a row..:(

yup, exactly the same thing for me.

His reputation is ridiculous, even when he isn't the best player, he gets votes for being Messi.

His reputation is ridiculous, even when he isn't the best player, he gets votes for being Messi.
yes even my player is better than him in that season but he win.the most disppointing is my player also didnt get the second place because its comes to ronaldo..really really disppointed mate:(

Torres won it for me, and then Babacar 2 or 3 years running. (2013 onwards).

In my save either Ronaldo/Messi/Aguero wins it every year. Messi doesn't even get that much goals and assist every season. But he still gets 8+ avarge rating every season. And he is pretty injury prone in my game. Always is like half a season injured.

Sounds like the voting for the last ballon d'or irl then!

wait...... I think this is really weird... The only thing you can do to prevent that is to perhaps make your players even better than him or to find a gem who can outshine him.. Remember that the way FM11 is it is like real life... If you win the World cup you win the world player of the year and all that ****. I am sure Argentina won Brazil 2014 and Russia 2018 that's why....(if your second world cup is in Russia that is...)

whenever i manage barca ronaldo wins it each year even if i win the champions league and the la liga and messi becomes the highest scorer ronaldo wins it
but if i manage another team then messi wins it even if hes not as good as he is when i manage barca

Sort of on the subject, When you manage international teams, do you actually get to vote? Cause I know it says on one of the main awards that the national manager get 3 votes each, but I've never managed a National team so I don't know.

In my game messi and ronaldo takes turns to win it and madrid and barca is like out of the top 4 of la liga..... even my team manages to win the treble but only manages to have 2 players in the golden ball shortlist and are not even the 'front runners' for the award.

I believe it works by a points system. Just like the club rankings. It's all to do with points.
And if the player performs well at International level and European level, that player will be high on the list since they count more towards points then say the domestic cups.
I might be wrong on this.
But I had a player who scored 60 goals in one season while in the Championship, and he wasn't even considered for golden boot, but when he got 33 in the premier league, and 10 in the Europe league, he was considered for it.

i a few of my saves fabregas won 2 3 times , and so did paulo henrique ,rooney. pastore
but yeah messi mostly wins it

wait...... I think this is really weird... The only thing you can do to prevent that is to perhaps make your players even better than him or to find a gem who can outshine him.. Remember that the way FM11 is it is like real life... If you win the World cup you win the world player of the year and all that ****. I am sure Argentina won Brazil 2014 and Russia 2018 that's why....(if your second world cup is in Russia that is...)
im not saying that my player is better than him but in season 2015-2016 surely my player is better than him in that season because i won treble with liverpool and my player is top score and assist but yet to win the ballon d'r

Messi has 15 goals and 6 assists, while Van Persie is sitting in 3rd place with 24 goals and 21 assists. :p

Once had a save with Messi being injured for 10 months time (very long, I wasn't Barca, can't remember who I was, I think French national team), and after those 10 months time at the player of the year awards, HE WON THE AWARD.

Pastore has managed to take one from him in my save.