Meteorite Shower - Look Outside!

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Fellow Members,

A LOT of Facebook statuses on about the meteorite shower we are currently having, decided to make a thread to discuss the amazing views you can see over the next few days. :)

Now, the area of this meteorite shower is unknown, but I know a girl in Wales who can see loads of 'Shooting stars' which are actually meteorites entering our atmosphere.. So take a look outside, and check for what looks like bright stars, flickering stars or maybe what could seem to be a 'shooting star'.

Apparently the best time to view the sky is at 2AM this morning, so if your having a late one, take the opportunity to sit outside..

Link: http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2010/0812/Meteor-shower-August-2010-how-you-can-get-the-best-view

View, Discuss, Enjoy! :wub:
Kylo.

Im in East central Scotland, just had a peek and its so cloudy I can see a solitary star and ****** all else.

All a load of **** down here in Wales.

Its still Sunny in America, so no Meteorites for me :)

People on my Facebook putting "we guna die 2nite" ...So many thing wrong with that statement....
Really am not going to bother looking, know I'll see nothing

North east is cloudy as usual :|

I'd say close to London would be the best place to see them..

As i'm in South East England (Buckinghamshire) and the sky has tons of stars, not to mention the odd shooting or flicker, amazing sights down here!

I'd say close to London would be the best place to see them..

As i'm in South East England (Buckinghamshire) and the sky has tons of stars, not to mention the odd shooting or flicker, amazing sights down here!
london wont be so good, only just moved down here and the light pollution is ****

my mate lives in Leatherhead (London) and his facebook status is 'Lovely Stars', must be a southern luxury.

birmingham - quite cloudy but whre i am its patchy clouds. ive seen one in a hour

I see **** all..

Seen one so far.. Apparently between 1-3AM theres gonna be loads! - Facebook.. ;)

EDIT: Just seen a plane or a Meteorite.. Hard to tell really..

Last edited:
london wont be so good, only just moved down here and the light pollution is ****

Mm, Wales might be good too see some, Scotland is too cloudy, I guess South England is the perfect place, i'll try and grab some pictures in a bit and show you guys, some amazing sights! :wub:

Seen loads already live on the outskirts of London. Its quality.

Nothing here so far, not that I've been looking outside much though. In Liverpool btw.

I can see plenty of stars outside, but nothing in motion, and I live in South East England.

OMFG i just heard a massive explosion and now theres a big hole in the road !

police are all over the scene, ****** Meteorite ruining the road

Mm, Wales might be good too see some, Scotland is too cloudy, I guess South England is the perfect place, i'll try and grab some pictures in a bit and show you guys, some amazing sights!
wub.gif

yeah saw it amazingly when i was in tunbridge wells last year, cornwall is ace too