Michel Platini draws up plans for European League Shakeup

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least it would stop all the ******* games called off for snow.

True there. But what about the traditional boxing day fixtures? wouldn't be the same without em

I see the logic there, but I would guess that the speed of the game is quite different over there? The appeal of English football is the end-to-end, non stop action. This would surely be limited by playing in summer?
It is probably not as fast as the EPL, mainly because the technical skill here aren't that great - but they are improving. The game is just as physical here, however.

I don't see why they would want to make teams play in summer if they don't have to. There are reasons why the season is the way it is here - mainly because of other football codes in AFL, Rugby Union/League.

True there. But what about the traditional boxing day fixtures? wouldn't be the same without em

Pretty sure most of them were cancelled this year due to snow anyway?

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Also, personally, I would rather sit in nice sunny weather watching football, rather than the rain/snow/sleet/hail I have to sit and watch football in now.

Pretty sure most of them were cancelled this year due to snow anyway?

They were yeah, but think just badly prepared. Hopefully lesson for next year. I'd just rather leave the schedule as it is, with the FA Cup 3rd round in january, christmas period schedule. There'd have to be too many changes imo

Can only imagine. isn't it hotter inside the stadium too though? I remember the Cup Final between Everton and Chelsea, and it was really warm, but the pitchside temperature was 41 degress centigrade. Players were suffering badly, so god knows what it would be like in somewhere like Spain

Aye, I think so. It's absolutely stupid. Though, I'm for Scotland moving to a summer season, then go away to Spain for pre-season during winter - much more tempting going to a game if it's not ******* down on a dark November night...

I like the idea of a summer season. And as for those who say how could it be done in spain, you struggle to find a la liga match that kicks off before 6pm UK time anyway. So I cant see it being a problem.

I like the idea of a summer season. And as for those who say how could it be done in spain, you struggle to find a la liga match that kicks off before 6pm UK time anyway. So I cant see it being a problem.

But wouldn't you miss the christmas period, the tradition of the FA Cup going full blown in January etc? I don't like it at all, an by the sounds of it neither do the rest of the "Big 5". have to change the transfer system too aswell. I think the cons far outweigh the pros

Status
Not open for further replies.