This story will be like many others recently and will be through the eyes of a living legend!
I will only take charge of clubs that Mick has been involved with which are actually quite numerous including Celtic, Man City, Sunderland, Millwall, Ipswich, Lyon, Barnsley and Republic of Ireland!

Michael Joseph McCarthy
View attachment 289977

DOB 7th Feb 1959

POB Barnsley, England

Mick McCarthy was a commanding CB in his time playing over 500 league games for various clubs including Celtic, Lyon and Millwall.
His main club was his boyhood heroes Barnsley playing 272 games and his other Man City playing 140 games.
McCarthy was a fiery player who left everything on the pitch and never backed down from a fight and most importantly could grow a fine moustache.

Due to Mick's dad being Irish it meant he could represent the Republic of Ireland at international level playing 57 games and scoring twice. His debut was a goalless draw against Poland in 1984.

Find out who he takes charge of soon .....

Mick McCarthy takes over at Local Club

Barnsley FC
View attachment 289984

Mick McCarthy to meet the Media

Media; Mick as a local lad and former player you must of dreamt of this moment for years.

MM; Of course i have what a stupid question.

Media; Will long term friend Terry Connor be involved with your backroom staff?

MM; It is my first goal to get Terry into the assistant managers positon he knows what hes doing.

Media; Will you be spending big to stay up, you already have the likes of Marlon Harewood and Mido on big money?

If your willing to give me some money im happy to spend it but the club will be giving me pitance and i will be surviving on loans and frees just the way i like it.
Media; What will your tactical aproach be?

I have only just signed so i do not know.

Media; Will you play with an attacking approach?

As i have already said i have only just signed, i have only met the players briefly yet you want an in depth analysis of what each player had for breakfast this morning!
This interview is done.

July 2012 Pre season

Npower Championship Promotion Odds
View attachment 290021

New Assistant Manager
View attachment 290022

New Affialiation
View attachment 290023

Barnsley Managers Monthly Press Conference

View attachment 290024

So Mick what do you think of the odds that your favourites to go down this year?

We all know that isnt going to happen, i havent come here to get relegated ive come here to go the other way.

Thats a very confident reply considering you have very little money to play with in the transfer window, What effect if any do you think your signings will have on your team?

Why would i have signed them if not to improve the team! Malaury Martin is a future star and Suazo and Lee Naylor give us amazing experience in the squad.

Do you think Mido's long term injury will hurt your early season form?

It hasnt helped but Suazo can easily fill in for him its shame he still gets paid his big wages while being injured.

What made you decided to replace your assistant manager?

Well as everybody knows theres only one Terry Connor!

Finally do you think your affialiation with Arsenal will help you stay in the league.

Well that depends on whether they give us some good prospects or all there deadwood so far they havent given us a thing.

Transfers

View attachment 290129

Key Players

View attachment 290130View attachment 290131View attachment 290132

Youth Prospects

View attachment 290133View attachment 290134View attachment 290135

Opening Day of the Npower Championship Season Press Conference

So Mick who do you think will be the key to your success this season?

Everything will go through Jacob Mellis hes young so still has a lot to learn but after Mido's long term injury hes the main man

Can you tell us any more about Mido's injury?

He got injured in pre season training and will be out til the new year i think i dont want to get into it, hes not in my mind until hes back to match fitness.

Can you shed any light on reports of unrest between you and Tom Kennedy?

He has gone on loan now so it does not matter.

Some say you fined him for not showing up to training? Is this true?

Aye it is, some nobody defender in the reserves doesnt show up and when he gets fined complains to me, hes lucky Terry was there or he would be in the hospital next to Mido!

How do you feel about playing all 3 of the relegated teams in the first month?

It will be difficult but if we can get through it we know there will be some easier games on the horizon.

Enjoying the story so far, will be interesting to see how you are progressing. However....

The fun part will be acting like Mick in interviews!

You haven't achieved that yet!

August to November 2012

An amazing 8 wins in the first 15 games!

Capital One Cup 1st round
2 - 0 Crewe H
Done 26 Perkins 83

1 - 5 Wolves H
Davies 86

4 - 1 Millwall A
Suazo 9 Martin 14 Foster 52 Obrien 62

1 - 3 Blackburn H
Naylor 21

Capital One Cup 2nd round
4- 2 Fulham H
Done 25 Suazo 48 Senderos o.g 61 Mellis 77

0 - 2 Bolton A

4 - 1 Leeds H
Obrien 9 Foster 13 Delap o.g 39 Suazo pen 58

3 - 2 Leicester A
Obrien 26 Suazo 38, 42

1 - 1 Ipswich H
Done 15

Capital One Cup 3rd round
2 - 5 Southampton A
Shaw o.g 46 Harewood 57

0 - 1 Blackpool H

3 - 1 Brighton A
Perkins 38 Obrien 54 Done 88

1 - 1 Peterborough A
Done 89

2 - 0 Bristol City H
Martin 50 Harewood 63

0 - 1 Crystal Palace H

2 - 1 Sheff Wed A
Foster 32 Harewood 46

Barnsley Manager Press Conference

Mick we have struggled to speak to you in recent months, how has life been as Barnsley manager?

Ive been busy working with the team and feel no need to come here every week.

You have been busy, currently as high as 11th in the league when first predicted relegation candidates, do you think you can push for the play offs?

We only have 15 fit first team players, My initials stand for Mick McCarthy not Merlin the Magician.

What made you decide to leave all of your first team on the bench for the Capital Cup 3rd round game against Southampton?

We got what we wanted from the competition, the fans got a premier league scalp, the chairman got some money to line his pockets, i felt no need in tiring the players out in a pointless fixture in my eyes, we were fresh when we played Fulham but now we are fatigued.

With recent injuries you will be looking to get Mido, Suazo and Davies all back in the next few weeks?

Yes it has been unfortunate losing all three main strikers but Marlon has done well in the past 3 games scoring a couple of goals. I expect thats some sort of record for him.

Who do you think will be winning the Championship this season?

There is a long way to go but Blackpool have played the most consistently so far but the likes of Blackburn and Wolves will definetly be up there.

What do you think of the recent manager sackings with only 12 games gone, including Derek Mcinnes, Owen Coyle and Tony Mowbray?

I think its stupid how the chairman give these managers so little time to get it right 3 bad results in a row and your gone, some of the fans dont help! I took Derek Mcinnes sacking personally as he got fired after they lost to us. The chairman is saying there if you cant beat Barnsley who can you beat.

Could you put up your transfers please?

View attachment 290485

Suazo has been on fire he has 11 goals now, martin is a brilliant player and Naylor has played every game so far.
I didnt sell anyone as didnt know who would play well, Mido is only just back from injury but gets paid 12k a week 5k a week more than anyone else and is valued at 1.1million so i might try and sell him, then i will have plenty of money for incoming deals. The tactic i think is the key for me, exactly the same as how i played at Man Utd Obrien Suazo and Matty Done have been great

November 2012-January 2013

We only lost 5 of our last 15 which isnt bad as we were seen as relegation candidates at the beginning of the season.

1 - 2 Burnley A
Suazo 61

1 - 1 Cardiff H
Done 38

1 - 2 Nottm Forest A
Camp o.g 20

4 - 2 Watford H
Hogg o.g 4 Suazo 22, 74 Perkins 90

5 - 1 Hull City A
Perkins 11 Obrien 32, 49 Mellis 73 Cywka 77

2 - 1 Charlton H
Perkins 23 Suazo 28

2 - 1 Birmingham A
Suazo 12, 73

0 - 0 Huddersfield A

1 - 0 Derby H
Suazo 9

0 - 3 Middlesborough H

0 - 1 Wolves A

3 - 1 Millwall H
Done 6 Martin 14, 73

2 - 2 Blackburn A
Davies 29 Mellis 38

0 - 0 Bolton H

FA Cup 3rd round
2 - 3 Liverpool A

Npower Championship Table
View attachment 290666View attachment 290667

Squad Stats
View attachment 290668

A Chance to take a Shortcut?
View attachment 290669

Barnsley Manager Press Conference January 12th 2012

You felt the need to call this press conference today in regard to some rumours about yourself?

Yes i wanted to let everyone at Barnsley football club to know that with a heavy heart i decided to put my hat into the ring for the Sunderland job.

What made you want to leave?

I dont want to leave but again i have been given no backing from the board and they have constantly denied me any financial aid and reduced my wage budget again.

Do you think many players will leave in the window?

I was hoping to be shot of Mido but hes picked up another injury in a recent game and will be out til March, nobody wanted the fella anyway, hes a poor player on big wages.

You have a lot of players with contracts up in the summer will you look to get them to commit this month?

The problem we have is some of these players have half a good season then expect to be treated like Messi, Cranie wants his wages quadrupled to £8k a week among others, this is not going to happen while im in charge.

You have been seen as a bad omen for the top clubs since the summer you have predicted Cardiff and then Blackpool would win the league and they have subsequetly gone on to poor winless streaks?

I am happy to help.

What about reports that Wolves manager Stale Solbakken is odds on favourite to take over at Sunderland would you consider the Wolves job?

I think it would be unfair to comment right now.

Will you go for the Wolves job if Solbakken leaves?

This press conference is over ....

I will be doing monthly updates from tommorrow with my own thoughts at the top and then a MM press conference at the bottom,
BIG NEWS TO FOLLOW!

January 2013

Mick McCarthy Resigns!
View attachment 290740

I dont know why Stale Solbakken was favourite to take over he had only just left to join Sunderland!

The Approach ...
View attachment 290741

Hired
View attachment 290742

Key Players

View attachment 290743View attachment 290744View attachment 290745

Squad Stats
View attachment 290746

Transfer History
View attachment 290747

1 - 0 Bolton H
Nouble 19

FA Cup 4th round
4 - 2 Middlesborough H
Siguaruarson 28 Berra 44 Nouble 53 Ebanks-Blake 59

2 good wins to start off my new job and the main signing Ademilson should be back from injury soon along with Kevin Doyle so we havent even got started!

Wolves Manager Press Conference

You sit here as the new Wolves manager you must be happy to jump up 7 league spaces so quickly!

It wasnt just down to the league positions it was the better squad, better finance and backing from the board i didnt get at Barnsley.

Why did you decide to resign from your job at Barnsley? Rather than wait for an approach?

This was one of the reasons i didnt get the Sunderland job and i wasnt going to let the Wolves job go, the board and fans were furious after i put my hat in for the Sunderland job so i thought one more wont hurt.

Were you sad to leave your local club Barnsley on a sour note?

Not really the board just want to cut costs wherever they can you can see that with the fact they sold 3 of my starting 11 once i had left, i had to fight every day to keep players and had no money to put into the team, most of the first teams contracts are up in the summer and the chairman is willing to let them all go.

You arrived only 3 weeks after Marveaux yet you sold him straight away?

There was never a place for him in this team, i cant understand why Sole bought him in the first place. I got good money for him even if it is over 24 months, he allowed me to strengthen in other areas.

Yes you signed a young Brazilian Ademilson?

Yes i looked into a few young brazilians and he was offered at the best price, he is currently injured but should be playing in mid febuary and you will see why we paid out for him.

Do you think your side can keep up its momentum and win the Championship?

What sort of question is that? Of course i am, we are already planning for next season.