Middelfart - let's not follow through

Qualifying for the knockout stages can only be a good thing not just for the 'Farts but Danish football in general. Well done on getting out of a group which could have gone anyway.

Qualifying for the knockout stages can only be a good thing not just for the 'Farts but Danish football in general. Well done on getting out of a group which could have gone anyway.

Thanks man, I hope it shows that Denmark can mix it. I actually miss Copenhagen in that respect. They should be in the mix as well!

View attachment 81935View attachment 1129392

December
Snow has started to fall heavily and we only have a few games before the winter break. The priority is to get maximum points to give us some more breathing space at the top and then also to start preparing for whoever we draw in the knockouts.
Before we start with the games, I have some great news to bring you. We have JENSEN!
Well we already had him but now we have him for longer. He has signed a new 4 year deal which doubles his wages and will scare off any clubs looking at him. No release clause which means it will have to be a huge offer.
View attachment 81934

Danish Superliga: AAB vs Middelfart
View attachment 81933
What an enthralling game! *** for tat all the way but eventually we overcame them. 4 different scorers show that we don't always rely on Jensen, although he did score.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Viborg FF
View attachment 81932
Not much to say here, scraped a win against a team that hailed inspiration from Mourinho and parked the bus.

Champions League Group Stage: Sporting vs Middelfart
View attachment 81931
A shame really, we had gone out to give them a game but the player must have thought what's the point, we've already qualified. Not what I wanter but Sporting showed they are better than recent form suggests.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Lyngby
View attachment 81930
Our last game this year is more like we wanted. Jensen could have had a hat trick but he missed a sitter. Still got a brace along with Paulissen's early goal. 3 more points.

Champions League Knockout Stages:
View attachment 81929
Wow what a draw. We get Roma. Other tasty fixtures include Bayern vs Chelsea, PSG vs Arsenal, Monaco vs Juventus!

I doubt we will be able to get through but what an achievement already.

End of the Year Awards
View attachment 81928
I just don't know how to win the Manager of the year award. The other managers must not like me.

View attachment 81926
An unreal performance this year by Troels Jensen sees him win Media Player of the Year and also the Players' Player of the Year awards.
View attachment 81925

The lad has even said that these awards were for me, helping him reach this level and having faith in him. Lovely!

Transfers In:
View attachment 81924
I know it is not the window yet but we have got business done early to secure the services of Middelfart's first South Korean player! A really good, technical player who will help us no end! Cheap too!

Monthly Review:

It went as expected really. Many may have seen us win most games, and perhaps be more competitive against Sporting but we look good going into the new year.

Player of the Month:
To add to his extensive accolades, Troels Jensen has yet again been dominant and is making goals, not just tapping them in.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the Farts, y'know. I guess it's cos you're champions that I kinda assume you're gonna win every game, but that's obviously not the case. And besides, you're miles clear at the top! And with a lad like Jensen on board for the next few years you're bound to do well.

Any chance of some screenshots of your better players? Fine job in the Champions League dude :)

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the Farts, y'know. I guess it's cos you're champions that I kinda assume you're gonna win every game, but that's obviously not the case. And besides, you're miles clear at the top! And with a lad
like Jensen on board for the next few years you're bound to do well.

Any chance of some screenshots of your better players? Fine job in the Champions League dude :)

Yeah sure thing will do an update on my stand out team so far. I expect more too but not every game is clear cut, teams still give us good games.

View attachment 81910

Strolling to Success?
As we are waiting for the football season to resume, the team at Ekstra Bladet have decided to pause for a moment and have a closer look at Middelfart and their strong opening half of the season.

The current champions have had significant investment thanks to the success from their performances in the Champions League last year. That money has been spent on a lot of new faces and we wanted to look at the main 11 players responsible for their position at the top of the Superliga and also the players responsible for their fantastic qualification to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

View attachment 81909
With some stand out performers in the first stage a few additions and new faces have bolstered the squad.

GK: Mathias Hammer
View attachment 81908
Having joined for a club record fee at the start of the season, the young Dane has enjoyed a successful start to life at Middelfart.

DR: Thomas Ipoua
View attachment 81907
The young Cameroonian has become a stalwart at Middelfart for the last 2 years. His solid performances have recently led to a new contract and his value is on the rise.

DC: Alexander Molberg
View attachment 81906
Ever the fan favourite, Molberg continues to impress. He may not be the most well rounded player but he defends well, really well. The captain has played an important role this year and will look to build on a successful start.

DC: Jakub Brabec
View attachment 81905
With the injury of Curovic and the stifling of Kabongo, Brabec is the natural number one choice. Having signed earlier this year, but due to league restrictions were unable to play, it will be great to see what Brabec can offer.

DL: Mads Pedersen
View attachment 81904
Completing the back line is Pedersen, the talented full back has 4 assists to his name and with his defensive prowess he looks the complete package.

MC: Thomas MadsenView attachment 81903
Bought and then sold by Middelfart before being re-bought Madsen has showed steady progress. He is a very well rounded player and has started nearly every game this year. 2 goals and 5 assists to his name means he is a threat with every attack.

MC: Alexander Tved HansenView attachment 81902
A familiar face around these parts now Hansen has been the assist king this year with 8 to his name! A very good partnership with Madsen has meant chances have been plentiful.

AMR: Mattias SvanbergView attachment 81901
When the Swede signed early this year there was a mixed reception. People did not expect him to have such a big impact. Svanberg has earned himself a spot in the national side and is a leading player in the league. Not hard to see why with 6 goals and 6 assists to his name.

AMC: Lee Hyuk-JinView attachment 81900
The January signing slots right into the central role. With Zidane still out and Paulissen a little off the step, Lee will be hoping to add goals and assists for the remainder of the season.

AML: Lorenzo Gonzalez
View attachment 81899
Gonzalez has stepped up his game this year, taking on players with his delightful dribbling he has found the goal a season best 7 goals so far.

ST: Troels Jensen
View attachment 81898
The star player this year. Already racking up 25 goals across all competitions before Christmas is no mean feat. He has been awarded multiple awards for his efforts and also now boasts the title of MIddelfart's top goalscorer with 51 goals over 2 years, not too bad at all.

The next stage of the season will be tough for Middelfart as they square off to Roma in the Champions League knockouts. They will also need to maintain their momentum in the league whilst battling in the Danish Cup too.

Can they build on their substantial success? We will see.​

View attachment 1129430
England

It seems only fitting that my first game as England boss is against former team Poland in the International League. There are some big names available so I am hopeful for a result.

Poland vs England

View attachment 81897
Harry Kane is unreal, he is so good. Rashford was a menace all game and I am happy he scored. Wolski scored a trademark free kick to give them something but we were far too good for them

Friendly: Slovenia vs England
View attachment 81896
As this was a friendly I tried some of the new boys out. Skipper Stones whacked a ball in his own net so we had to fight hard to come back. Eric Dier scored 2 worldies to get us the win.

England vs Poland
View attachment 81895
Up against the Poles again and it is Harry Kane who leads the way. Zielinski gave them a late hurrah.

Portugal vs England
View attachment 81894
I called the Ox back to the squad and it paid pff. Kane got the breakthrough initially but it was Ox who gave us breathing space.

With that we have qualified for the next round!
View attachment 81893

I don't know what the competition is worth or how significant it is, but we will do our best to get any silverware and remain undefeated!

View attachment 81769View attachment 81768

February
Winter is over, we have even had extra friendlies to get up to speed for the biggest game in the club's history. A historic Champions League Knockout game vs Roma.

Champions League 1st Round Knockout: Roma vs Middelfart
View attachment 81770
With a star studded line up it was always going to be a difficult task but out talisman Jensen scored first! We set up shop for all of 12 minutes before they scored and eventually took the lead later on. An away goal could be crucial.

View attachment 81766

In better news, Zidane has returned to the fold after his injury. It has been a long time but hopefully he will be right back to it.

Danish Superliga: Copenhagen vs Middelfart
View attachment 81765
Our only other game this month is against our old rivals who have done well to get back into the top half of the table. Not much to say about this bore 0-0 draw.

Monthly Review:
Could be worse, but could also have been a lot better.

Player of the Month:
Molberg has again stepped up and despite conceding against Roma, was very strong. I was also impressed with how quickly Lee Hyuk has settled in, I think he will prove to be a great signing.

UP. THE. FARTS!!

View attachment 81763View attachment 1129565

March
We know that the games come thick and fast at this stage and we have got a lot this month. We need to push on and secure the league title and also try to overcome the odds and beat Roma in the return fixture!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Hobro IK
View attachment 81762
2 early goals see us take the win! Jensen on the scoresheet yet again, I believe he has now scored more than his tally last year!

Champions League 1st Round Knockout: Middelfart vs Roma
View attachment 81760
Our dream ends here. So disappointing as we could and should have won this. They were down to 10 men and we only got 1 goal, an absolute screamer from Lerager to open his account at Middelfart.
Next year.

View attachment 81752
Fair whack of cash for our achievement. I think we will get another big payout later on, but we look very healthy financially with £25M in the bank

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs OB
View attachment 81750
Disappointment continues in this bore draw.

Danish Cup 4th Round: Hobro IK vs Middelfart
View attachment 81748
Yes, that is more like it! Lee scores his first goal for Middelfart and when we got pegged back, Gonzalez stepped up to get us a winner and put us through to the next round.

Danish Superliga: AC Horsens vs Middelfart
View attachment 81747
More dropped points. Not good enough. Troels Jensen scores again but we just couldn't break through again.

View attachment 81746
And so ends the Preliminary phase of the league and it will now split into the Champions Group and the Relegation group.

Monthly Review: A very disappointing month. Although we were undefeated in the league, we should have won all of those games. We had a real chance to beat Roma too but I suppose we will learn as a squad and move on.

Player of the Month: Hansen has been a rock in the heart of midfield and between him and Madsen, there has been little to complain about.

UP. THE. FARTS!!​

Aramide Gordon is quite a name...

**** draws! Are other sides playing super-defensively now you're a big outfit?

Aramide Gordon is quite a name...

**** draws! Are other sides playing super-defensively now you're a big outfit?

Yeah was gonna do an England update soon, Gordon is Arsenal's main man really.

I am finding that they are giving us a lot less space and take every game like a cup final. Just hope that it doesn't slow down momentum too much

View attachment 81321View attachment 1129997
April

Crunch time. Copenhagen are picking up a bit of form and starting to chase us down, we need to get the points to keep the gap as far as possible.

Danish Superliga: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
View attachment 81320
All about the first half in this game as new year signing Lee Hyuk-Jin opens his goal scoring account for Middelfart. To add to the goalscorer's list is the all to familiar name of Troels Jensen.

View attachment 81319
With his goal in that last game, Jensen has broken his own record for most goals in a season and is on the verge of scoring 30+.

Danish Cup Quarters: HB Koge vs Middelfart
View attachment 81318
PHEW! This should have been done and dusted by 30 minutes as we hit the post twice, then the worst. On the counter we get hit with a goal for Koge. The underdogs were up the fans behind them at home and we had an uphill battle. It took until the 79th minute before Hansen puts us on level terms. Into extra time and it was down to new boy Lee Hyuk-Jin to get us the winner and send the fans into the raptures! We are heading on! A lucky escape indeed!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Copenhagen
View attachment 81317
Heartache yet again. Despite being able to beat every other team in the league, we are still not able to get a regular, controlled result from Copenhagen. A last minute strike from Cornelius ensures that our undefeated run comes to an abrupt end. This feels weird this losing business.

Danish Superliga: Silkeborg IF vs Middelfart
View attachment 81316
A strange game that could have easily been either a 0-0 or a 3-3. Both teams were very wasteful and all goals were quite lucky. Enzo Zidane scores again after his long injury lay off. A late goal for Silkeborg highlights our lapse in concentration for the full 90 minutes.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers FC
View attachment 81315
We really are riding our luck. We manage to win again but it could easily have gone wrong. Every team we play is upping their game and it was a combination of our Korean superstar and a lucky own goal that secures us the win.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Midtjylland
View attachment 81314
Not much to say. Jensen is injured and we are **** at the moment.

Danish Cup Semi: Middelfart vs Lyngby
View attachment 81313
More second half action as all 3 goals opened up a game that both teams did not want to lose. Jensen bags a penalty to end an unusual 3+ game drought. Hansen joins him on the scoreboard whilst we concede yet another late goal.

Monthly Review:
In the past few weeks it has been a bit of a mixed bag. We are still winning (just) and we only lost late on against Copenhagen who have been picking up points rapidly. I have not included the table to add some excitement to the final stretch of the season!

Player of the Month:
Lee Hyuk-Jin by a mile. Apart from Lee and Hansen, the rest of the team has been pretty average. I don't know if it's because we are setting the pace this time rather than chasing or that it has been a longer season (with more European football). Lee has scored 3 goals and is looking very good value for money.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!​

View attachment 81279View attachment 1130040

May

The final month of the season and we have yet to secure the title. In somewhat surprising news, the media and fans alike are a tad amazed we have not had this wrapped up before this point. This season has gotten more difficult in some respects, mainly due to the fact that teams are taking us seriously as competitors.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
View attachment 81278
Our first game of the month sees us take on plucky Nordsjaelland, within the first half hour we had a great game on our hands. 2-2 and both teams going for it, it was our Korean magician who helped us get the breakthrough eventually as we scored the next goal, and for good measure Troels Jensen adds his own touch to the game.

Danish Superliga: Copenhagen vs Middelfart
This was it. THE game! We wanted to get one over Copenhagen and win the game. To make things even sweeter, a victory would clinch the title.
View attachment 81277
THERE WE GO!! Finally a victory in a convincing way! We changed tact a bit and set up deeper with the hope of controlling the game through the middle. This helped Jensen play on the shoulder of the defender and he broke the deadlock. 36 minutes and we had the lead. Lee Hyuk-Jin added another and we looked like we had more in the tank. Kisekka stopped that and we had to hold on for the final 3 points.

View attachment 81276
We do it again! 3 times in a row! What should be next? 4 in a row? Can we even dare to think of outdoing Copenhagen's 7 in a row?

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Silkeborg IF
View attachment 81275
In the past we have taken our foot off the gas after winning the league, this was not the case as we blitzed Silkeborg IF in the opening minutes and we didn't look back. The victory was marred as Lee Hyuk-Jin suffered a horrendous leg break, an awful injury for a player who was just starting to hit his stride.

View attachment 81274
A long injury ahead for our Korean man. Not ideal at all but we will manage.

Danish Superliga: Randers FC vs Middelfart
View attachment 81273
What a game. The neutrals would have loved this and to be honest I did too. We were 4-2 up at half time and it took an incredible effort from Randers to get back on terms.

Danish Cup Final: Middelfart vs Brondby
View attachment 81272
A straight forward victory that really encompassed our season. A strong, quick start and goals from Jensen helped us toward another Danish Cup!
View attachment 81271
Our domination continues!

View attachment 81270
Swedish Svanberg sets a sizzling record! He has now beaten Thychosen One and will surely be a fan and team favourite!

Monthly Review:
Well a very good month indeed as we secured two more titles. The quality of games was good and apart from the Randers game, we had a 100% record.

Player of the Month:
I would have said Jensen again but he didn't even make the Team of the Month. Thomas Madsen was silently going about his business and did it well. Svanberg also gets into the official team but is just pipped for my tip of the hat.
View attachment 81269

We have just one more month to get the final fixtures played and also start preparing for the new season already. We have work to do.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!​

Congrats! Jensen on course to get 40 for the season if he has a strong last few games...?

Just finished reading your story so far ! Amazing progress there my friend !! I always love stories who have to do with teams and leagues which most of us do not know anything about! What 's next for you now ? You have won the league twice, manage to bring tons of reputation to this club. Is it time for that next step or continue your absolutely great work in the Farts ?

Congrats! Jensen on course to get 40 for the season if he has a strong last few games...?

Sadly not, there is only 1 game left I think but he got **** close! Will do a final recap for everyone at the end of the month

Just finished reading your story so far ! Amazing progress there my friend !! I always love stories who have to do with teams and leagues which most of us do not know anything about! What 's next for you now ? You have won the league twice, manage to bring tons of reputation to this club. Is it time for that next step or continue your absolutely great work in the Farts ?

Thanks man, must have taken some reading! I think my current plans are to see what the news is regarding the stadium, the planning phase is coming to a close so I need to see what is next so I will be here next season. It all depends on the stadium really, would love them to build a fortress and name it after me maybe!

View attachment 81252View attachment 1130068

June

I thought we would have had a few games to play but we only have 1 fixture! Might as well get on and then have a look at what the end of season awards have to offer.

Danish Superliga: FC Midtjylland vs Middelfart
View attachment 81253
Our last game of the season saw 145 jubilant party farts who celebrated Troels Jensen's strike to get us 3 more points this season. The party can properly start and I had ordered in bottles of champagne to make it look like a F1 podium celebration.

View attachment 81251
Our final position brings in a couple of million and we look very healthy financially.

View attachment 81250
In order to highlight the bias, this is the shortlist for the Manager of the Year award I have yet to win. Not I don't mean to be big headed, but I think I deserve it more this year than any before. 58% win percentage and on top of that 3 titles in a row? C'mon guys, vote for me!

End of season awards
View attachment 81249

This year's player of the season is none other than Troels Jensen. Molberg is always in the running and came second but Svanberg also came in after an excellent debut season.

View attachment 81238

Jensen finished second best with 2 goals behind. Not a bad effort thought but the second half of the season slowed right down.
View attachment 81237

The only person to get into team of the season was Thomas Madsen!

Contracts
View attachment 81247
With some concern over the future of some players I have offered some contracts. Thomas Madsen has been a really solid presence in midfield and with others perhaps casting an eye on him we got him this lovely new contract.

View attachment 81246
In terms of new signings we have brought in Michael Moller. For a club record £3.1M we bring in the young striker to bolster our options after Jensen.

We are also looking to bring in Marco Ramkilde. He has scored in almost every game against us and actually beat Troels Jensen to the top goalscorer award! I have never had the option for a player to try and endorse the move to a club Troels Jensen is good friends so I asked him to put in a good word for us.
View attachment 81245

Season Review:

View attachment 81248
The season went as planned and it is good to finally see that attendance is growing!

View attachment 81244
After some great performances we have been given the title for the Biggest Overachievers yet again.

In addition to the title we also get some money! View attachment 81243

Speaking of money, we have had a bit of a good year from a business point of view.
View attachment 81242
We are up across the board and even fans from abroad are buying Middelfart merchandise!

Now this is very odd, because of our financial success the directors have decided to give themselves a bonus of £650k. Nice little bonus for myself wouldn't have gone amiss!
View attachment 81241

Another first for me, as we get £5K for our good discipline in the league!
View attachment 81240

Our final standing in the league saw us lose only twice during the season. We have won more in the past, but draws have let us down this year.
View attachment 81239

That is it then, the season draws to a close and I can focus on the England job for a few month.

I have enjoyed this season a lot and look forward to next year.

UP. THE. FARTS!!

Whoof, broadcasting revenues are way down...

Did you win manager of the year in the end?

Fine season otherwise :) aren't you hilariously tapping up that striker? Haha

Whoof, broadcasting revenues are way down...

Did you win manager of the year in the end?

Fine season otherwise :) aren't you hilariously tapping up that striker? Haha

If I am correct I think we get a bulk payment later on this month or next that will boost it by £20M or so I hope. If not it is a worry.

Manager of the Year only gets announced in December I believe, yeah I hope I don't get into any bother like the Liverpool and VVD debacle haha