Middelfart - let's not follow through

View attachment 1130100
International Duty - England
To avoid any confusion I thought I would do a summary of the international games and update them all at once.

Being the England boss has it's perks, I have a large network available to me, a hefty increase in personal stature and some decent money to go with it. It does not mean the job is easy. With the expectation very high, wins are crucial. One slip up and my reputation could be in tatters.

I have a few friendlies and other games to get the squad gelling as well as possible and will hope to get to the final of either the Euros or the World Cup.

World Cup Qualifier: England vs Kosovo
View attachment 81221
Wembley was packed and they got a **** of a game. Attacking from the off Harry Kane led the way before youngster Aramide Gordon scored a brace. 5 different scorers shows we can score without relying on Kane. Kosovo got a lucky break but I am pretty happy.

World Cup Qualifiers: Azerbaijan vs England
View attachment 81220
A professional like approach ensured that we maintained our 100% record and young lad John Travis made good on his start.

International League Semi Final: England vs Spain
View attachment 81218
Now I don't think this tournament is very credible but a packed house at Wembley and a win over Spain? C'mon thats got to be worth a tip of the hat. Woodburn has been on fire and I am glad the lad chose England in this game rather than Wales. Rashford is still a world class talent and coming in from the left wing, he has been deadly.

Now that the club season is over we only have 3 more games to play on the international scene.

View attachment 81217
6 points from the first 2 games should be expected. The final against Italy will be tough but a good measure of where we are.

World Cup Qualifiers: San Marino vs England
View attachment 81216
Demolition job, the only disappointment was that we only scored 1 in the second half.

World Cup Qualifiers: England vs Croatia
View attachment 81215
We have sold out Wembley again and put on a show. Coasting at 3-0 up Alen Halilovic hits a long range screamer but in reality it was no contest.

International League Final: England vs Italy

View attachment 81214
Phew! A tough game but we got the breakthrough with Dele Alli capping off a lovely flowing attack with multiple passes. Ben Woodburn slots home a pen and we take home some bragging rights and possibly a trophy? I'm not sure!

I have won every game in charge as England boss and I am only ever going to share a 100% record with Sam Allardyce.

I hope that we can maintain this into the World Cup and lift the first trophy since 1966.

UP THE LIONS!​

I truly don't understand the Euro International League thing. Is it just some random new unlicensed tournament setup that FM has put in the game for no apparent reason? Clearly it doesn't exist in real life, so I'm struggling to rationalise its existence in the game. It's in FM16 too. As far as I can tell the only purpose it serves is to make EVERY summer an international summer, which means pre-season is always a complete mess due to players being absent for long stretches on international leave and then knackered when they get back meaning they need to go on holiday for the whole pre-season, or even for long stretches during the season itself.

Gah. I hate that international league.

View attachment 81211

Middelfart: Summer Insight
After another historic campaign which saw Middelfart lift their third consecutive Superliga title, we have spent some time at the club of the Champions to review bits of the season and get some insight into the future of this exciting, growing club.

View attachment 81210
For the players accolades, Troels Jensen grabs the headlines. Almost 40 goals across all competitions and 7 Man of the Match performances show exactly why he was voted the Player of the Season at Middelfart's end of season awards.

In other aspects Mattias Svanberg created a new club record for assists. 13 in total saw him rank among the best creators in the league.

Thomas Madsen got into the Team of the Year and a key reason behind that is his 84% pass completion rate, he often was the catalyst for moves from midfield and was always a threat with his wide passing range.

In more recent news we managed to catch up with manager van der Westhuizen to get his thoughts on the new project.
View attachment 81207
"We want to build a stadium to be proud of, one where we can host our European games here. The board have supported this notion and planning started last year, so it should be done soon." said the boss.

"Soon? Isn't the planning completion only finish in 2027?"

"WHAT?! 3 years just to draw some pictures? What are they doing?!"

We left the boss as he began hurling abuse in all directions, so we continued our tour of the much improved facilities.

Into the Physio department and we are met by Willi Thal-Drexel the head physio who is working on DC Adnan Curovic who was suffered a nasty cruciate ligament tear and has been working hard to get back to training for the new season.View attachment 81204
We are also quite lucky to be here on the day where Shinji Kagawa has come to say his goodbyes and receive a parting gift from everyone at Middelfart.
The Japanese legend has decided to hang up his boots and brings a close to an illustrious career which has seen him pick up many accolades and medals.
View attachment 81203

"I am sad to be retiring, football has always been a part of my life and it will continue to be. My body just won't keep up with my mind but I feel like I have given something to this special club and have every faith that they will continue to grow and be successful." Shinji answered to our questions.

View attachment 81202
The Superliga Review always comes out a bit late and confirms by and large what we already knew.

There is definitely a buzz around this club and they have gone on to their opening friendly in Germany and managed a win against capable side Greuther Furth.
View attachment 81201

In other news we have ended on a bit of a sour note. Club favourite and multiple Player of the Season winner, Alexander Molberg has reportedly rejected a new contract offer.
View attachment 81200

Among all the good news, there is inevitably some bad and with any new developments, we will get you up to date here at Ekstra Bladet.

I truly don't understand the Euro International League thing. Is it just some random new unlicensed tournament setup that FM has put in the game for no apparent reason? Clearly it doesn't exist in real life, so I'm struggling to rationalise its existence in the game. It's in FM16 too. As far as I can tell the only purpose it serves is to make EVERY summer an international summer, which means pre-season is always a complete mess due to players being absent for long stretches on international leave and then knackered when they get back meaning they need to go on holiday for the whole pre-season, or even for long stretches during the season itself.

Gah. I hate that international league.

I have not had much experience of it before to be honest, I haven't managed an international side because I simply can't be bothered really. I suppose it would be more of a pain for my club players but I have a handful of internationals so not a big deal really.

View attachment 1130374
View attachment 80963

Insight: Middelfart
The new season is upon us and the fans in Denmark are keen for more Superliga action. 3 time champions Middelfart have been busy in the transfer window and we have taken some time to look at the squad.

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 80962View attachment 80961
Mathias Hammer is the number 1 and with age on his side, will be for the foreseeable future. The future of Lorentzen is in doubt as he has been listed. Perhaps we will see one more keeper come in before the window closes?

Defenders:
View attachment 80960View attachment 80959
View attachment 80958View attachment 80956View attachment 80957
With only 1 player at both the Left and Right back positions, many believe that Middelfart need to invest in some cover. Along the centre of defence there are multiple options with Molberg and Brabec looking likely starts. Kabongo is there if needed but the defence could do with some back ups.

Midfielders:
View attachment 80955View attachment 80954
View attachment 80953View attachment 80952
View attachment 80951View attachment 80950
View attachment 80949View attachment 80948
With plenty of cover via versatile players across the park. We have noted that their is real attacking emphasis from Middelfart as they have not focused so heavily on defensive midfielders in recent years. The star players are Benny Nielsen who will be keen to make a name for himself in the absence of other injured start Lee Hyuk-Jin who has 4 months out with a broken leg.

Attackers:
View attachment 80947View attachment 80946
View attachment 80945View attachment 80944View attachment 80943
Reinforcements in the attacking department have been a priority for Middelfart. Having relied heavily on Troels Jensen last term, they have employed the services of league top scorer Ramkilde and promising talents Moller and Rui Correia. Gonzalez seems to be on his way out of the club following a dispute in contract agreements.

Beyond the first team the quality is worrying, injury free Middelfart will be competitive. If anything does happen however it would be difficult to stay competitive if they do not get some decent cover. Perhaps the significant youth investment could be the answer as the academy players are providing real options for Middelfart.

As always, we will bring you any breaking transfer news first here at Sky Sports News.​

View attachment 80830View attachment 1130518

New Season - July
All the waiting is over. Preseason is over. The Superliga is back and we area ready to attempt a fourth consecutive title. I feel happier with the quality of players we have in the attacking third and we have managed to keep together the defence. We start off the year with a potential 3 Champions League fixtures and 2 Superliga games. Hopefully start as we mean to go on!

Champions League Qualifier: Middelfart vs Cliftonville
View attachment 80827
One of the only games we can play in our home stadium due to the low enough attendance to fit everyone in the seated section. A masterful 6 minute hat trick from Jensen and a debut goal for Moller sees us have a huge advantage going into the away leg.

Danish Superliga: AC Horsens vs Middelfart
View attachment 80829
Back to domestic football and the goals keep coming. This time a hat trick from Mattias Svanberg and Michael Moller added another to his tally. We did lapse in our concentration and conceded 2 sloppy goals. I was not happy at all but we get off to a winning start in the league.

Champions League Qualifier: Cliftonville vs Middelfart
View attachment 80828
With the first leg already giving us a massive boost the second leg was a massacre. Jensen scores his second hat trick of the season in only his third game. Moller missed a penalty but winning 11-0 on aggregate, the miss seems insignificant.
Shout out to Marco Ramkilde who scored his first goal for Middelfart.

Danish Superlige: Middelfart vs Lyngby
View attachment 80826
Jensen scores and Perez strikes from long range. A good performance for the win but we could and should have gone up a gear.

Champions League Qualifier: Stormgodset vs Middelfart
View attachment 80825
Another qualifier and another win. We opted for a 4-4-2 tactic to play Jensen and Ramkilde together. It worked! Both strikers scored and Ramkilde added another. A good set up for the second leg, which if we win will secure progression to the group stages.

View attachment 80824

Due to the success, I have been offered a contract and I want to see how the seasons go! A nice £4k a week looks insignificant against my £80k England wage.

Player of the Month:
View attachment 80823
We get 4 players into the Team of the Month but only one takes the Player of the Month award.

View attachment 80822
Mattias Svanberg comes runner up (unfairly) despite scoring 1 more goal and playing one more game than the winner. He has been red hot and we hope he either makes or cores goals for the rest of the year.

Monthly Review:
A perfect month! 100% record with many goals.We are 1 point and one game behind Brondby so will be top after we catch up. I am not only happy with where we are but also how we have played.
View attachment 80821
The player stats are impressive so far. Jensen already into double figures after the first month. Ipoua has made 4 assists to his name and we have been well disciplined too.
View attachment 80820

UP. THE. FARTS!!!​

Blimey, 7-0 away is no small feat, qualifier or not.

How did that guy win player of the month when he didn't even get into team of the month...?

Blimey, 7-0 away is no small feat, qualifier or not.

How did that guy win player of the month when he didn't even get into team of the month...?

I was well impressed! I really don't know. I think there is a conspiracy in Danish football to limit our success.

View attachment 80782View attachment 1130570

August
August always seems to me as the official start to the season. The transfer window closes at the end of the month and we have a lot of games to get through. I have a feeling after their strong finish at the end of last season, Copenhagen will be right up there this year and will challenge us all the way.

Danish Superliga: FC Midtjylland vs Middelfart
View attachment 80781
In the opening half an hour we were relentless and clinical. Jensen is a god.

Champions League Qualifier: Middelfart vs Stromgodset
View attachment 80780
A fast start is all we need to add to the first leg win and see us through to the playoff.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Vejle
View attachment 80779
With some player rested we were groggy at the start and conceded early on. Chasing the game we scored an equaliser through Perez and looked to be on the verge of scoring again, sadly it was not to be and we conceded an unfortunate own goal. Our first loss of the campaign.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Hobro IK
View attachment 80778
With a statement of intent we looked to go out and blow them away. 3-0 up and the players relaxed despite me demanding more.

View attachment 80777
Molberg overtakes Radza as our record appearance maker! Well done lad.

View attachment 80776
Before the end of the window, I have managed to bring in Nathaniel Clyne. A very experienced fullback, who will help Ipoua get to the next level and also chip in himself I hope. A one year deal sees him become our highest paid player, but hopefully the risk will be worth it.

Champions League Qualifier Playoff: Middelfart vs Goteborg
View attachment 80775
It took a long time to break down a stubborn Goteborg side and it was youngster Michael Moller who did it. We get the advantage and just need one more win to get into the group stages.

View attachment 80774
With his good performances in the past few weeks, Molberg deserves a new contract and we sign him up for another couple of years.

Danish Superliga: OB vs Middelfart
View attachment 80773
Usually I would say this is a derby, it still is but we have battered them for years. That theme continued as we were comfortable in this win.

Champions League Playoff: Goteborg vs Middelfart
View attachment 80772
A very tense game that was settled by the aggregate score in the end. We are through to the group stages again! You know what that means, PAYY MEEE!

View attachment 80771

View attachment 80770

Look at all that money!! Oh yeahhh.

View attachment 80769
****. That's not an easy draw.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby IF
View attachment 80768
Correia comes in for a tired Jensen and does really well, I thought the lad would have scored his hat trick but it was not meant to be.

Monthly Review:
A slight slip up with that loss but nothing to panic about. Copenhagen do look strong, we will see how they do at keeping it up.
View attachment 80766

Player of the Month: Molberg has had some month, new contract, new record for the lad. Played out of his skin and all.

UP. THE. FARTS!​

View attachment 78036View attachment 78035

Season End!
Seeing as the release of the latest version of FM is at hand, I have decided to do all the graft off screen and just post a season by season update.

Middelfart: Unfortunately I lost the images of the season but I can tell you that our reign as Danish Superliga Champions has come to an end. We finished second behind rivals Copenhagen, who have got their act together and went the season almost undefeated.
On the plus side we won the Danish Cup again so the board and fans are happy.

The new stadium is being built and sadly they have not named it after me, they have instead gone for the more predictable 'Middelfart Stadium'. The build will be complete in the next 2 years.
We also have some Youth Facilities that are being completed and should be done by the end of next year.

The squad is doing well but their success is drawing interest from others. Clubs abroad are looking at Benny Nielsen, Mattias Svanberg and Troels Jensen. It'll be a fight to keep them.

View attachment 78034

England:
The main news? It is World Cup time!

Now the media and England fans have been pessimistic about our chances and they may have a point. We are ranked 12th in the world and other teams are flying high, but hey I am the manager and I have to remain positive.

Group Stages: A mixed bag for the draw. We face Brazil, Ghana and South Korea. We should be able to qualify.
First up was South Korea, we took an early lead but then were unable to capatilise. We conceded and it took a late goal from Ben Woodburn to get us the 3 points. Next was Brazil, now I don't know what happened but we absolutely smashed them. 3-0 up by half time and it stayed that way! Final game was against Ghana, we should win. The Ghanaians had different ideas, taking the lead and then pressing on. We just couldn't get back into it! Our first loss of the tournament.

Knockout stages: We faced formidable opponents. Argentina, Mexico and Holland. By some miracle we got through to the Final! A penalty win against the Dutch, a 6-1 win against the Mexicans and a 2-1 Argentine dismantling mean we face....... GHANA! They have had some tournament!

The Final:
Both teams were probably long shots of making the final but here we are! England vs Ghana again and it is time for revenge!

View attachment 78033

A first half blitz seems to be the way forward, as we score all 3 goals in the opening 40 minutes. Marcus Rashford was unplayable and single handedly got us the cup!

View attachment 78032

What a tournament!

I don't think I will be able to top this at all and due to my urgency of trying to get through the seasons as quick as possible, it is with this in mind that I have tendered my resignation from the national set up.

View attachment 78031

It has been some year. More silverware with Middelfart, lifting the World Cup and also being named Manager of the Year as well.

UP. THE. FARTS!!​

I have never won a World Cup as a coach of a national team so for me is a huge achievement my friend! Well done and hope you will enjoy the new FM !

I think it was more luck than management but I will take it! Thank you! I have not bought the new version yet, I don't want to start a new save really until this Middelfart one is well and truly done

Nice! Your win percentage as England manager must have been insane. I find international management really difficult for some reason, even when I'm managing the top national sides they still play terribly because of the lack of training time. I dunno.

I only lost 3 games in my tenure. Think my win % was around 90%!
I agree, the fatigue during the tournament was a killer. Had to rotate heavily for the likes of Kane, Rashford, Alli and Dier. The young kids did well though and ultimately I think the clinical strikers saved the day as in most of the games we were chasing the play

View attachment 76844

Season Review 2026/27

The season started off very well and it continued as we were able maintain the positive results for the duration. Copenhagen were slow off the mark, and ended up falling way off the pace.
We secured the title in April and we had to finish the rest of the season to complete our second season in my tenure as an undefeated side.

View attachment 76843

A slight hiccup in our consecutive title streak but we are back on it. In addition to the league we also won the cup again. The fans are happy and so is the board.

View attachment 76821

We even improved on the unbeaten season by winning 26 of our 36 games. With those victories we also secured a new record Superliga points haul.

View attachment 76820

In other news, the youth facilities have begin an update after approval. We are also in the final 12 months of our new stadium. Exciting times!
View attachment 76819

We also move further up the European rankings but we fall just behind Copenhagen in the local rankings, we are yet to surpass them.
View attachment 76818

UP. THE. FARTS!!!​