Middlesbrough Shirt Sponsorship

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
BORO are offering “front of shirt” sponsorship packages on a unique monthly basis after turning down seasonal offers that did not meet the club's expectations.

“Tailored For You” is the campaign message for Boro's “front of shirt” sponsorship packages which will be available throughout the season.

Boro are thought to be the first club in world football to offer this rights package on a monthly basis.

They believe that this approach will allow companies to target audiences during specific campaign periods.

Boro are confident that it will bring fresh interest from local, national and international companies who are reluctant to commit the financial sums required for seasonal sponsorship deals.
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-f...ue-monthly-shirt-sponsor-deal-84229-26802697/

Basically, new sponsor (front of shirt) every month.

What a horrendous idea! Means If I was to buy the new shirt, it would be out of date within a month. Sounds to me like they struggled to find someone willing to sponsor us. Thoughts?

I'm a bit confused, does the sponsor on the shirt change monthly?

surely gonna annoy the fans? who's going to buy a new shirt every month? or is it that actually what they're hoping?

Trying to scrape as much money as possible. I wouldn't be suprised if some people were to buy every shirt. But, also I'm sure alot of people won't even bother getting one.

I'm a bit confused, does the sponsor on the shirt change monthly?

Yes, business' will purchase sponsorship on a monthly basis (unsure as to whether one company could buy multiple).

surely gonna annoy the fans? who's going to buy a new shirt every month? or is it that actually what they're hoping?

Trying to scrape as much money as possible. I wouldn't be suprised if some people were to buy every shirt. But, also I'm sure alot of people won't even bother getting one.

I don't think they will be thinking in any way that fans would buy every shirt. The likelihood is, they will release the kits without sponsorship, then each month release a smaller amount of kits with the sponsorship on them.

My guess would be shirt sales would go down. I'm certainly re-considering purchasing one. Think I'll go get the Russian home shirt now!.

just seen this before i came on base, I am really unsure about this, because when you by a shirt, you will have the wrong one a month later and so on. But maybe they might just sell the kit without a sponser?

I don't know though, also i heard that the photoshoot for the new kit was yesterday.

EDIT---- Just realised you mentioned the wrong shirt thing ****

West Brom did this for the whole of last season, I assume your replica shirt would just be blank?

Does sound a bit iffy though, not a fan of that idea.

Everyone should chip in £10 and we should get fm-base sponsorship :wub:

if all members did that, 2million :L nice

This looks like an even worse idea than the Spurs one of having different shirt sponsors for different Tournaments. :S Dont think it will be popular with the fans.