The Icelander

Reaction score
I am currently Barcelona in second season and in the first season used:

Villa
Pedro/Iniesta - Xavi/Iniesta - Messi
Mascherano - Busquets
Abidal - Puyol - Pique - Alves
Valdes​

However now I have signed Jon Obi Mikel , Toni Kroos and David Silva.

How should I use these three new players?

Last edited:
John Obi Mikel to take Keita's place.
Toni Kroos to be used as backup to Xavi/Iniesta (Until he deveopls fully) and maybe tutored.
David Silva , no offence but I feel he is a bad signing as you don't really need him at the moment.

You could have strengthened the defence with that money , i.e Eric Abidal.

I realise that but the defence was superb last season, only conceded 13 goals in La liga and 5 in CL so didnt really think that needen strengthening, also he was transfer listed and I like him.

I am currently Barcelona in second season and in the first season used:

Villa
Pedro/Iniesta - Xavi/Iniesta - Messi
Mascherano - Keita
Abidal - Puyol - Pique - Alves
Valdes​

However now I have signed Jon Obi Mikel , Toni Kroos and David Silva.

How should I use these three new players?

Move Xavi to centre midfield to replace Keita. Iniesta Attacking Midfield and put Silva left wing...

Also Kroos an Mikel as backup.

Xavi should be used as a CM as deep lying playmaker/advanced playmaker.

I am not going to change a winning tactic just to fit a 32 year old downgrading player.

Sell Keita. Xavi next to Masch. Messi in the middle, Pedro on the Right, Iniesta on the left. Silva/Kroos/Mikel - back ups. Similar formation I bag in 3-4 goals a game without Messi now(Injured for 6 months).

You seriously think that Pedro is better than David Silva and Toni Kroos?

Well the numbers dont lie.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Are you serious? Learn to read dimwit.

If he's a downgrading player who you dont need, why buy him. simple.

I am making room for the future to develop (Silva and Kroos)

David Silva doesn't need any development anymore. Think twice before you sign someone.

Silva is best as an AMC (advanced playmaker). If you use him in the wing..you should also use him as an advanced playmaker.

Don't ask for opinions if you don't want them.

Maybe you should think how your going to use players before buying them.

Also winning tactic? Your Barca.

Yes winning tactic, CL spot with Sunderland with that tactic, and promotion with Swindon. Also even though I want opinions doesnt mean I have to use it, also last season I had serious injury problems and I had to use Maxwell and Adriano in the winger position so I knew what I was doing.

Madridista : I was always going to use him as an Adv PM at AML, he is immense in inside forward though so I will just have to see

Andrew : ?

Id probably use Silva on the left wing as an Adv playmaker or Inside Forward, and rotate with Pedro when one of them has a bad game. Toni Kroos as a backup to iniesta/Xavi (perhaps bring him on as a sub for first team exp) and then Essien instead of Keita.

Id probably use Silva on the left wing as an Adv playmaker or Inside Forward, and rotate with Pedro when one of them has a bad game. Toni Kroos as a backup to iniesta/Xavi (perhaps bring him on as a sub for first team exp) and then Essien instead of Keita.

Yeah, I am thinking about it, Kroos just injured himself though, btw I have Mikel not Essien.