Missing Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 4K
Thing is, do we actually need newspapers? It's pretty much reading news from the day before, and there's news sites all over the net, and tonnes of news channels on cable/sky or whatever. Newspapers are pretty much yesterdays news (no pun intended-and even if it was, it would be pretty pants)

They've almost become ingrained in our culture though. And it's less about what they do but how they do it, the news is always the same but people are always attracted by the different ways they report it. Most news I get online is just simply a newspaper reporting online as well. Newspapers are more portable and accessible anywhere.

FBI to investigate News Corporation over 9/11 hacking allegations
Bureau to investigate claims News of the World journalists sought to hack into phone of victims of 9/11, reports say

FBI to investigate News Corporation over 9/11 hacking allegations | World news | guardian.co.uk

Ed Pilkington in New York, Andrew Gumbel and agencies
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 14 July 2011 20.18 BST
Article history

The FBI has opened an investigation into allegations that News of the World journalists tried to hack into the phones of victims of the 9/11 attacks in New York.

The investigation, first revealed by Associated Press, will be handled by the FBI's New York office. It follows allegations published by the Mirror newspaper that journalists employed by the News of the World approached a private detective in New York and asked him to hack into the private phone data of 9/11 victims.

According to the Mirror, the private detective refused to do the job.

Peter King, the Republican chairman of the homeland security committee in the House of Representatives, on Wednesday wrote to the director of the FBI, Robert Mueller, and asked him to open an investigation into the 9/11 allegations.

Jim McCaffrey, a New York firefighter who lost his brother-in-law Orio Palmer, also a firefighter, on 9/11, welcomed the FBI inquiry. "If these claims are found to be true I think it's a terrible revelation and very, very upsetting to 9/11 family members," he said.

Even if the information could be verified, there might be a problem with moving forward with an investigation because the events were so long ago. Several legal experts, including a former top lawyer for the FBI, told the Guardian that prosecution under federal wiretapping laws is subject to a five-year statute of limitations.

The FBI's New York office did not immediately comment. There was no immediate response to a phone message left for News Corp. The US attorney's office in Manhattan referred a call to the Department of Justice, which declined immediate comment also.

Neil Wallis, a former News of the World executive editor, became the seventh person arrested by Scotland Yard relating to the inquiry into phone hacking at the now-defunct tabloid, whose closure was seen as an attempt to keep alive a bid for the highly profitable network BSkyB.

He's in real trouble now business wise, doesnt matter how powerful you are, messing with the memory of 9/11 in the US will not go down well by any means

They just exploited the US tax system to get a $5bn return too. They're going to get completely roasted like I said in the other thread.

Murdoch=Fox News=Republicans=Always Bring Up 9/11 As An Argument To Stir Up American Fundamentalism (Patriotism)=Irony?

Hope he gets what's coming to him, hopefully it's in some sort of mildly ironic fashion...

Murdoch=Fox News=Republicans=Always Bring Up 9/11 As An Argument To Stir Up American Fundamentalism (Patriotism)=Irony?

Hope he gets what's coming to him, hopefully it's in some sort of mildly ironic fashion...

Imagine if they took him down using the patriot act...

Last edited:
If it's true about the story about hacking the victims families of 9/11, I really hope he gets destroyed. I hope he enjoys his stay in **** with the rest of the bastards there.

Brooks has been arrested...

Public inquiry meeting on Tuesday at the Commons where she/Murdoch/Murdoch junior were going to attend guess she will not be attending now...

Wonder if the arrest is for her admission under oath a few years ago at a committee inquiry that the NOTW under her leadership had bribed police, I wonder...

Last edited:
And so the dominos begin to fall.......

Back