Yes, you take part in the draft personally. There are rules regarding DP's and there is no reserve/U-18 teams. Also, there is no promotion/relegation so it makes it kind of boring.

Yes, you take part in the draft personally. There are rules regarding DP's and there is no reserve/U-18 teams. Also, there is no promotion/relegation so it makes it kind of boring.

Can see where your coming from mate, might try a couple of seasons over their though and see how it goes :)

I loved the drafts. And not just on FM. When I first played Madden NFL 08 and then NFL Head Coach, back then I had almost no idea what American Football was about. But I loved the Franchise and Superstar modes(even more than League Modes in FIFA and PES). Anyway what I'm trying to say is that I think the drafts in both MLS and NFL are very exciting, and it gives the whole franchise a big boost in the game.

With FM11, it is possible to add Promotion/Relegation to MLS and keeping the MLS structure and rules. You have to use the editor and edit the .xml file, changing the following line:

<string id="relegation_places" value="1"/>

The value will equal the number of teams you want relegated to the next lower league.

Why? If you're a good manager, you'd be focused on winning the title instead of getting relegated anyway.

I've done it a few times (I'm American but am definitely not an MLS fan) and I think it's really fun...the draft is really cool, for the reasons listed by eFusion.

so just wondering, when you get to the 2nd season on FM2011, do you get Vancouver and Portland into the MLS?

so just wondering, when you get to the 2nd season on FM2011, do you get Vancouver and Portland into the MLS?

The team(s) that are promoted at the end of the 1st year will join MLS the 2nd year - as they replace the team(s) relegated from MLS.

Doing a career as Philadelphia and its a nice change to the normal fm games :D