Moderator Requests

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 304K
How do I become a mod?

In a nutshell, you don't.

We occasionally decide that we need more, and so will select people we deem worthy. Basically if you are a regular contributor of quality content/help/knowledge and the scenario arises somewhere along the line where we need more staff, we might approach you.

We occasionally decide that we need more, and so will select people we deem worthy. Basically if you are a regular contributor of quality content/help/knowledge and the scenario arises somewhere along the line where we need more staff, we might approach you.

Will you consider only Modern Day Legends and Star Players or the likes of Backup?

Sounds a bit cloak and dagger ;)

Will you consider only Modern Day Legends and Star Players or the likes of Backup?

A backup is unlikely to have contributed lots of knowledge/content/help regularly, but we don't have set criteria.

We are not currently looking for staff.

A backup is unlikely to have contributed lots of knowledge/content/help regularly, but we don't have set criteria.

We are not currently looking for staff.
Okay, thanks for the help. :)

The kind of silly posts we have just had to delete are sure fire ways to make sure you don't become a mod.

The kind of silly posts we have just had to delete are sure fire ways to make sure you don't become a mod.

The kind of silly posts you've just had to delete are sure questionable as to what sort of mod you chose.

Don't dish out what you can't take back.

The kind of silly posts you've just had to delete are sure questionable as to what sort of mod you chose.

I think you've read the tone of GodCubed's post all wrong. His post was tongue in cheek, poking fun at himself, as it could be argued that

''Become mates with the current mods, then make a few high effort posts and then wait til a new FM comes out.''

Is exactly what he did.

He's a very good staff member, and works for Sports Interactive to boot.

I think you've read the tone of GodCubed's post all wrong. His post was tongue in cheek, poking fun at himself, as it could be argued that

''Become mates with the current mods, then make a few high effort posts and then wait til a new FM comes out.''

Is exactly what he did.

Okay. I'm over it.

Is exactly what he did.

I love you Jake. You're my favourite Jake.

I have no ambition to ever become a mod I am also a frequent poster on base and have been for a few years, I try and help out where I can and help people with tactical, player and technical issues where possible. I say this so you can see I am trying to be objective here. Being salty with mods is probably not the way to go if you have serious aspirations to become a mod. Just do what jake says keep your head down, help out where possible and if the opportunity arises they will bear you in mind, you can't say fairer than that really.

To think this all started by me asking the Mods to delete a thread! :) Glad all of this is over, sorry if I affected any of you. :)

No, sorry. It's to stop people posting massive images that will make the forum unreadable.

I've found an example. In this thread, the user uses the from computer option to upload it on FMBASE instead of a different image hoster (From URL). As you can see from his thread, his images are full size (as an attachment from FM BASE). When I choose the 'From Computer' option my images appear as thumbnails (see below).

View attachment 330590 (jpg)

View attachment 330589 (png)

While in this thread the users attachments are full size.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ories/181141-liverpool-f-c-5-year-plan-2.html

Any idea on how I can replicate what this user is able to do, which is post his images full size?

Last edited:
I've found an example. In this thread, the user uses the from computer option to upload it on FMBASE instead of a different image hoster (From URL). As you can see from his thread, his images are full size (as an attachment from FM BASE). When I choose the 'From Computer' option my images appear as thumbnails (see below).

View attachment 702037 (jpg)

View attachment 702038 (png)

While in this thread the users attachments are full size.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ories/181141-liverpool-f-c-5-year-plan-2.html

Any idea on how I can replicate what this user is able to do, which is post his images full size?

My story :P

Upload the image, then move the mouse over the image and double click.

I personally alway pick "full size" but while cropping and editing the picture in Photoshop, I keep in mind that the width of the forum windows in roughly 900 pixles so I scale them to being a maximum of 750 pixel across to make them aesthetically appealing.

It's not very intuitive and took me a while to figure out but once you do, it's second nature to you.
Feel free to PM me if you've other issues.

My story :P

Upload the image, then move the mouse over the image and double click.

I personally alway pick "full size" but while cropping and editing the picture in Photoshop, I keep in mind that the width of the forum windows in roughly 900 pixles so I scale them to being a maximum of 750 pixel across to make them aesthetically appealing.

It's not very intuitive and took me a while to figure out but once you do, it's second nature to you.
Feel free to PM me if you've other issues.

Thanks mate, great help :D

Back