Tottenham requests:

Bobby Smith: ST Bobby Smith (footballer born 1933) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Danny Blanchflower: RM Danny Blanchflower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dave Mackay: CM/LM Dave Mackay (footballer born 1934) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gary Mabbutt: CB Gary Mabbutt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gary Lineker: ST Gary Lineker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cliff Jones: LW Cliff Jones (Welsh footballer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pat Jennings: GK Pat Jennings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (played double the games for Spurs than Arsenal)
Glenn Hoddle: CM/CAM Glenn Hoddle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jimmy Greaves: ST Jimmy Greaves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ricky Villa: CM/CAM Ricardo Villa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ossie Ardiles: Osvaldo Ardiles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Teddy Sheringham: CAM/ST Teddy Sheringham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
David Ginola: LW/RW David Ginola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Paul Gascoigne: CM/CAM Paul Gascoigne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chris Hughton: RB Chris Hughton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ledley King: CB Ledley King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Graham Roberts: CB Graham Roberts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Erik Thorstvedt: GK Erik Thorstvedt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cyril Knowles: LB Cyril Knowles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Steve Perryman: CM Steve Perryman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Darren Anderton: CAM/RM Darren Anderton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mike England: CB Mike England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maurice Norman: CB Maurice Norman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've probably missed some but that's a lot. All considered great players and Spurs legends and most having a fair amount of international caps. Certainly need a Spurs team included.

The opening poster was last online 5 days ago and hasn't commented in this thread anymore so i presume this database will never be released.

shame really because it really did have potential to be great

Just to clear things up with one of the greatest goalkeepers of all time. Lev Yashin played for Dynamo Moscow all of his career Lev Yashin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. You must put him in there, in the player index you linked he is rated the no.1 keeper. In the list you've made out of the Russian clubs you updated there is only Spartak Moscow.

OK, in order to get a few people playing it and hopefully provide some good feedback, I'm going to release the beta version. But, I must stress this is a beta version, and by no means complete. My hope is that people will be excited by the possibilities and want to help out with the project, as that is the only way a really good legends DB will ever get out there.

Some points:

1. Ratings. I definitely want feedback on players ratings, but please, can you only comment on the ratings that you see within the editor, they are often distorted within the game itself, maybe due to age, reputation or whatever.

2. Finances. I received some good feedback already saying I have made the legend clubs too rich and thus the game too easy. This is definitely valid but there was a reason, mainly that the DB wasn't finished and a lot of squads were quite small and so I wanted the big clubs to have funds to strengthen, and it also meant the great South American players were quickly brought over to Europe so we get to see some amazing CPU sides.

Unfortunately, it means that whatever legend club you choose will be very rich and thus the game quite easy. My advice if you want a challenge is to choose a team and then remove the transfer and wage budget changes in the editor before you start.

3. Facepack. The facepack is not complete, I simply added the best (ish) 300 players faces to give a taste of what the finished article should look like.

Anyway, I hope a few of you download it and put in some hours and give it a solid play test, I would really appreciate any constructive feedback. There will be errors, some players from the old DB were blank (just a potential ability number entered and a position), and I'm bound to have missed / messed up plenty of stats, but hopefully it's a good starting point and eventually can end up being the legends DB many of us have been after for some time.

Also, can we not have any discussion as yet as to which players belong at which clubs (unless they're at a club they never played for, obviously). This is often a matter of opinion, and is not really relevant until the database is much nearer to completion. The main aim now has to be to put together a really big and accurate player pool. Once that is done, a lot of players will be shifted around to balance squads (for instance Seaman is currently at Arsenal, and Les Ferdinand is at Newcastle. By the time the DB is complete, they should both be in a QPR legends team as both Arsenal and Newcastle have plenty of other legends to choose from).

I can't load the database in the editor ?

Edit:

Also can't load the data in game, the data file is there and i click it but the changes do not show in game

Last edited:
BoomSwitch share this database as xml does not appear in the game.. thanks

Sorry folks, my bad, I've now changed the original link to put in the .bak and .dbc files along with the facepack and a shortlist file called "Photos" which gives you all the players with a photo added. I don't seem to have an .xml version, do I need to create one (if so, how?) or is this working for people now? I've had others play it with just the .bak and .dbc files so this should be OK hopefully.

Thank you for labor, but did not, unfortunately not without xml :'(