how is it possible that messis potentiel only is 4 stars, and maradonas is 4½, i mean a lot of peopl(including myself) thinks that messi has the potentiel to become far better than Diego Maradona??? just wondering how that could happend... plus a lot of players that u normally wouldn't say had the potententiel in their days to reach maradonas and messi level, is also higher rated then messi.

how is it possible that messis potentiel only is 4 stars, and maradonas is 4½, i mean a lot of peopl(including myself) thinks that messi has the potentiel to become far better than Diego Maradona??? just wondering how that could happend... plus a lot of players that u normally wouldn't say had the potententiel in their days to reach maradonas and messi level, is also higher rated then messi.

I'm guessing you mean the coaches scouting ratings? If so pay no attention to these, they are (I think) purposefully a little innaccurate to mimic human error, and I'm guessing the lower the ability rating of the coach, the more likely these star ratings are to be off. The only stats that are worth discussing really are the ones you see in the data editor. Also, they pretty much never go up to 5 stars, and players will often fall as better players join the squad. As it happens I haven't touched Messi's stats, I've just made him younger. Hope that helps......

Also, it seems that some people are getting it working and some aren't. Has the new file with both the .dbc and .bak cured this for everyone, or is there something else I can do? How do I create an .xml file (or where do I find it)?

OK, I have figured out how to make the .xml file, and have now updated the zip file in the link with it. Hope this fixes everyone's issues.

can you please give the instructions on how to install this database? i am new to this
thx

also johan cruyff should in the barcelona squad he changed barcelona both as player and as a manager he might not have won a lot of trophies but he was very influential even more than ajax and also i dont think rustu recber should be in the squad despite being a great keeper he was at barcelona for only one season and played 4-5 matches only.

Last edited:
I have a suggestion on some HNK Hajduk Split legends... in the 1990's Hajduk was a big club reaching 2 times quarter-finals of CL, and even before that he had some success(semi-finals of 1960's version of EL or such) in Europe... here are some players you should really consider adding to your database...
HNK Hajduk Split - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Alen Bok
Robert Jarni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Slaven Bili
Igor
Milan Rapai
Igor Tudor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aljo
Frane Mato
Vladimir Beara - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Right, the database is working ok but the pictures do not show. I know how to make them work and they are in the right folder with skin cache unticked etc. The problem is that as you can see the unique I.D of the players do not match with the in-game unique i'd
E2BVm.jpg
qOLZz.jpg
Any way around this ?

Also, where is Ian Rush ?

He's Liverpools most prolific ever goalscorer and was the main striker in their most successful history ?

Also where are Billy Liddell, Steve Heighway, Greame Souness, Roger Hunt etc ?

Last edited:
Hmmmm, this is really odd Jamrock, I really don't know what to say, it seems like the database must be corrupting for you on start up somehow, giving the players different ID numbers. I've checked the unique I.D's in the editor on the .xml file and they are different to your screenshots. Currently no-one with that I.D. exists for the Kenny Dalglish in your screenshot, so why he has that ID in your game I have no idea. Also, I'm worried you have not set the facepack up correctly, as the Pele ID number on your screenshot should be showing you a picture of Sinisa Mihajlovic.

Also, it's strange that Souness and Rush aren't in your game, as they are in the Liverpool squad. It really seems like the database is not loading correctly. Are you merging it with any other editor files? As for Hunt and Heighway, they aren't done yet, and Liddell won't be in (too old, see concept).

Is anyone else having an issue with the facepack or players missing?

@Shadowsc2 - Some good players there, a couple of their alumni are in already (Boksic, and Branko Oblak). I am planning to put in Bilic, Asanovic and Stimac in my next set of players, but they will all be in the Premier League for now (Bilic at West Ham, Asanovic and Stimac at Derby). Tudor and Jarni are planned also, but at Juventus and Torino for now. Rapaic will hopefully make it eventually, and Mato and Beara are too old. Once the database is much nearer completion, I may well look at making a Hajduk Split side, as well as many others, but I will need at least 16 players really, all of whom played from 1966 onwards.

working fine for me at newcastle but where is the man alan shearer.good job mate

working fine for me at newcastle but where is the man alan shearer.good job mate

So you're saying everything works, players plus facepack? Also, re Shearer, are you saying he is not in the Newcastle squad or is it just that he doesn't have a picture? If it's the latter then I'm afraid he won't have a picture, I've not added him to the facepack as yet, as I've mentioned before, it's not complete as yet.

türk kuluplerinide kapsayan bir tane lütfennn :)

facepacks working fine .alan shearer is not in newcastle team in person or picture apart from that it is all good mate

Hi Boomswitch,[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]what a wonderful job with this database,but im facing problems with the facepack, that don´t apear in my game.I think that in Benfica team you should add more legend players such Humberto Coelho,Jose Aguas,Veloso, Cavem or Chalana...keep the god work...[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Hi Boomswitch,what a wonderful job with this database,but im facing problems with the facepack, that don´t apear in my game.I think that in Benfica team you should add more legend players such Humberto Coelho,Jose Aguas,Veloso, Cavem or Chalana...keep the god work...

Just unpack the "graphics" folder in the zip file into C:\Users\"user-name"\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012. If you already have a graphics folder, you can rename it for now, then change it back when you want to play a different game (there's likely a more convenient way to play different games, but that will work).

I'm about to start on the 2nd set of players, my plan is to fill the English Premier League with legends. I'm going to put up a picture of the teams as I finish them, if I miss anyone obvious, or make a mistake on positions, please let me know. For now, my English Premier League will contain the following 20 "Legend" teams (in no particular order). Any thoughts on this list? Some tough calls for the last few teams I thought.

LIVERPOOL
MAN UTD
ARSENAL
MAN CITY
EVERTON
SPURS
CHELSEA
NEWCASTLE
ASTON VILLA
NOTTS FOREST
LEEDS
BLACKBURN