TicTactition

Reaction score
View attachment 389893

Wolverhampton Wanderers.

In modern times Wolves have just been relegated from the Sky Bet Championship and are preparing for life in the Sky Bet League 1 with Kenny Jackett at the helm, I am going to start of with Wolves as I feel they belong in the Premiership and are an interesting club which has always fascinated me. This will be different to most of my previous saves as I am usually hopping clubs or trying to do challenges. I have an aim of a strict youth policy with rather than buying fully established stars I want to buy rough diamonds for low fees and turn them into world class players myself. When push comes to shove I may dip into my pocket but I will use good youth at my disposal.

Information about Wolves:

Founded: 1877 (Originally as St.Lukes)
Ground: Molineux, Wolverhampton (Capacity: 31,700)
Chairman: Steve Morgan

Key Players:

View attachment 467927
Carl Ikeme
Started his career off here and even though he has been out on loan various amount of times he ends up as our number one and will be a very very important player for us this season. He will be a monster of a keeper in this league.

View attachment 467926
Danny Batth
A natural born leader at the back and at 22 he still has plenty of time to improve. I think Danny will be our first choice centre-back this season before transfers. He is also another youth graduate.

If there is anything else you would like me to note down, or you to see I will do my best. I have gone for a different layout to what I usually have on my previous stories. All criticism is welcome and I'll be back with Pre-season next.

Layout looks good, I will be following. I used to have a couple saves with Wolves and I always enjoyed them

View attachment 467925

Some of the team preparing for the start of the Pre-Season. We will need a good start in order to compete with the teams in this Sky Bey League One as we know any team can beat any other team.

Transfers

In's

NameClubFee
Glenn WhelanStokeloan
Matty TaylorWest Hamloan
Stefan StrandbergRosenberg1.3m
Jonas SvenssonRosenberg275k
Merouane Zemmama/free
Luciano Becchio Norwichloan
Kagisho DikgacoiCrystal Palaceloan
Ben AmosMan Utdloan
John FlanaganLiverpoolloan

Outs

NameClub Fee
Kevin DoyleHull4m
David EdwardsDoncaster2m
Roger JohnsonQPR2.3m
Richard StearmanCrystal Palace3.5m
George ElokobiNotts Forest600k

After spending just short of 1.6m we have brought in quality players to replace the outgoing players which was on huge wages and dragging the club into debt, we have more value for our money and have made a massive profit from transfers as we brought in 12.5m on transfers which means we made a profit of 10.9m in this transfer window aswell as lowering the wage bill. Hopefully the signings of Strandberg, Svensson, Becchio and Dikgacoi will prove to be my best as they are the best players I have identified this pre-season.

Friendlies

Airdrieonians 1 - 1Wolves
McAlinden (82')

Wolves 0 - 2 Southampton

AFC Telford 1 - 5 Wolves
Becchio (33', 39'), Zemmama (34'), Batth (47'), McAlinden (87')

Man City 1 - 1 Wolves
Davis (75')

A very good warm up in pre-season which was all handled by my assistant which I was pleased with how the players performed especially against high fliers Man City. I will be reporting back with 6 month updates and when we get to January to see where we are. Our journey to the top begins today.

Layout looks good, I will be following. I used to have a couple saves with Wolves and I always enjoyed them

Thanks dude, got the new update and thought it would be a good challenge to do. Hope you enjoy.

Dads a big Fan of the wolves, will be following, good transfers btw

View attachment 389901

Press Conference.

We are gathered today for the first press conference of the new Wolves manager, Josh Garner ahead of his first step into management being thrown in the deep end at Wolves. The expectations are high of Wolves and he has already shown a good financial control being described as a young Wenger. The ex-accountant is known for his shrewdness in the stock markets before he took his coaching badges and became a football manager. Many of the higher reputation managers knew it was a matter of time before he got offered his first job in football. Here at Three O'Clock today we will be interviewing him.

Robert Swallow: As this is your first job in management Josh, do you think you will be able to handle the pressure put on your shoulders of instant promotion back to the Sky Bet Championship?

JG: If I didn't think I had the expertees I wouldn't have took the job on, pressure is part of my vocabulary and I can assure you that even with me selling the clubs best assets we will still achieve promotion, I can promise the fans that.

Billy Knott: You have shown already the door to alot of the top earners and the clubs best players, what is your reasoning behind this as this surely makes the fans wary ahead of the season?

JG: What I will bring to the club is stability. I could have kept everyone here yes, it would have been easy to be playing in League One with people on 30,000 a week. But not at this level I will not be paying that when we cannot afford it, I know there is better for our money out there.

David Painter: You have brought in two Norwegians from Rosenberg who are unknown. What do you expect from them two players this year?

JG: They are unknown to you, yes. But during my time working in Oslo as an accountant, I managed to catch up on a few games and I watched Rosenberg regularly and I know these two will be future internationals, you can count my word on that. Anyway gentleman, I have to go prepare for our first competitive match. It has been a pleasure and I'm sure we will meet again.

End Of Press Conference.

Dads a big Fan of the wolves, will be following, good transfers btw

It's terrible whats happened to them in real life mate! Thankyou, just got the first six months done, should be on soon enough.

View attachment 467924

Half-Season Review

League Fixtures:

View attachment 467923View attachment 467922

So in the league, we have gone until the last game in December unbeaten. We have had a few draws along the way but we have been absolutely solid and have even been scoring for fun from all areas of the pitch. We have gelled together as a unit and if we can match the second half of the season with the first half we should be tasting winners medals in this division but nothing is complete and we need complete focus if we are to win this league.

Capital One Cup:

View attachment 467921

We dumped out two Premier League teams on the way to the Fourth Round where it even took Everton needing extra-time to beat us and we looked the better of the two teams over the 120 minutes. It shows we are not out of our depth and we have fighters in the team with alot of ability.

FA Cup:

View attachment 467920

We was handed a first easy tie against Bury Town who proved to be a rollover, then we managed to skip past Fleetwood who didn't really cause us a problem but we will have a real test when we come up against Huddersfield in the next round.

Johnstones Paint Trophy:

View attachment 467919

We want to win every competition we play in, but I have used the Johnstones Paint to give rotational players their chance to show me why they deserve a place in the first team and we could of gone out either of our first two games had it not been for our excellence in penalties. We are now in the Semi-Final against Mansfield which will not be an easy game but we have the quality to see them off and hopefully we can go all the way and win the trophy.

Player Statistics:

View attachment 467918

As you can see, it's no easy decision to say who's been my best player of the update as we have had alot of excellent performers for us and the partnership of Danny Batth and Stefan Strandberg at the back has been a joy to watch with them both at 22 years of age it looks like they have been playing for 15 years together. Luciano has come in from Norwich and been sensational for us and the heart of out attack keeping every other Striker out of the team but it boiled down to one player for me.

Best Player So Far:

View attachment 467917
Jonas Svensson

The teenager has been the heart of everything going forward and 14 assists and 3 goals to his name so far he is the leading star in the team. Every attack seems to start with him and at 19 years of age he is only going to improve all of the time.

League Table:

View attachment 467916

Top with atleast five games in hand over third which hopefully I hope we can take atleast 10 points from those games and start to build a gap. We have been excellent so far this season and to go nearly half a season unbeaten was amazing and if we can replicate that form this time around I will be absolutely delighted.

I hope you will join me in my next update where I will be playing the second half of my Sky Bet League One season.

Good start mate, will be following! Knocking two Prem teams out of the cup (even League cup) is a big deal for a League 1 side.

Good start mate, will be following! Knocking two Prem teams out of the cup (even League cup) is a big deal for a League 1 side.

Thankyou mate, should have the rest of the season done by tomorrow. Used January wisely.

View attachment 390184

January Transfer Window

In's:

NameClubFee
Ricardo Vaz TeWest Hamloan
Joona ToivioMolde625k
Ole Kristian SelnaesRosenberg400k
Lee Naylor/free
Thomas Kind BendiksenTromso150k
Ivan Klasnic/free

Outs:

NameClubFee
Bakary SakoLyon3.1m
Bjorn SigurdarsonLeeds900k
Jake CassidyMotherwell300k
Leigh GriffithsWigan 1m
Sam RickettsCardiff1.5m
Wayne HennesseyLiverpool1.1m
Jamie O'HaraHuddersfieldfree
So again in this transfer window we also made another 7m profit from transfers. We also shed alot of wages from the wage bill yet again. The Norwegian league is turning out to be a league for unearthing gems as I have picked up players such as Bendiksen, Selnaes, Toivio, Strandberg and Svensson. They are great value for money and I hope they can provide excellence. It wasn't easy to let some players go such as Sako as he was having a very good season but to shed 20k a week off the bill and receive a large fee he had to go. Jamie O'Hara was also offered for free as we finally managed to get rid of his 35k a week wages which will make room for another 4 or 5 good players better than his ability.

If you want to see anything please let me know.

View attachment 390186

End of Season Review

Sky Bet League One Fixtures:

View attachment 390188View attachment 390190
Only a minor blip in the end of January, the beginning of February but our form pretty much continued but we had alot more draws. Also it didn't help that the first game in January, Luciano Becchio pretty much had his season ended by a horror tackle which left us in need to sign a striker which we did in the veteran Ivan Klasnic who proved to be a good coup on a single year contract for us.

FA Cup:

View attachment 390193

We should have won the first game at Huddersfield before it being took to a replay but we still managed to get through to face big guns Arsenal which we really did give them a good go and 3-1 was a respectable scoreline which we put in a fantastic performance which we can be proud of and go out at the fourth round which is no disappointment for us.

Johnstones Paint Trophy:

View attachment 390195

Our first silverware of the season!! We won the Northern one against Tranmere and was handed with Brentford in the final who pushed us all the way to extra-time which Norwegian, Bendiksen popped up near the end to send the fans into raptures and deliver us our first trophy of the season which the board and I was delighted with.

Player Statistics:

View attachment 390196

After Luciano's injury it ruled him out of contention for the Player of the Season which was unfortunate but we have had very consistant performers in Batth, Strandberg and Svensson. We also had late incomers in January which performed well such as Klasnic, Toivio and Selnaes.

Player Of The Season:

View attachment 467792
Stefan Strandberg

It was a close call between Strandberg and Batth and I probably should of picked both but Strandberg stood out as a more versatile, complete player and has even earned himself two international caps in the process since joining us from Rosenberg. He has been a delight to watch and bigger teams have been sniffing around him but I have no intentions of selling him whatsoever.

Final League Table:

View attachment 467790View attachment 467791

We managed to secure first spot!! We did it with around 10 games to go aswell so we had a comfortable run in but that is due to the hard work all throughout the season from the boys which I am delighted with and we also set a new points record for the Sky Bet League One which is a excellent personal achievement. We couldn't have asked for more as we hosted the best attacking and best defensive record in the league and hopefully we can carry that into the Sky Bet Championship.

Awards:

View attachment 467759View attachment 467758View attachment 467757View attachment 467756

Well by Strandberg receiving Player of The Year from me, Batth got rewarded with the award of the best player in the Sky Bet League One by the crowd which I think balances it out as they have both had a fantastic season and both deserve credit for how old they are they acted like they had a veteran head on their shoulders. It is also pleasing to see Zemmama and Ikeme in the Team of The Season but no place for Strandberg really shocked me but we will be playing in a different division next year so it doesn't bother us.

Finances:

View attachment 467725View attachment 467723

Due to excellent communication and understanding between me and the Chairman (Steve Morgan); We agreed for the future of the club. Fans thought we was self-destructing selling our best players but we needed to fund the future, if we would of kept the players from the start we would have been even more in debt than we was at the start of the season and possibly facing administration but we worked together to bring in targets and now we have been able to upgrade the youth and training facilities with money still in the bank. We are a club looking forward and having a vision. I hope you are there to join us in the Sky Bet Championship next season... Goodbye till then.

View attachment 467720

View attachment 467648

Another Pre-Season which we will have to train even harder for this year coming up to the Sky Bet Championship where we are in the same pond and we are not a big fish in the division anymore but we have generated quite alot of money last year from transfers and if we need a signing I'm sure that I'll be able to finance it.

Transfers

In's:

NameClubFee
Thomas DrageTromso1m
Jordon MutchCardiffloan
Nathan DelfounesoAston Villaloan
Marcelo EstigarribiaDeportivo Mfree
Simon NielsenFC Nordsjaelland575k
Vladislav KuzmaZilina575k
Nicolas TagliaficoBanfield2.6m
Craig ConwayCardiff375k
Alan JudgeBlackburn375k
Billy SharpSouthampton1.6m

Out's:

NameClubFee
Merouane ZemmamaYeovil100k
Stephen WardWest Brom3m
Tongo DoumbiaHull5m
Georg MargreitterDoncaster800k
Scott GolbourneChesterfield70k

Yet again we have made profit in the window alot of the money coming from players who spent last season out on loan. For letting Stephen Ward go we brought in a better player and a much younger player in Tagliafico who was attracting attention from the top clubs in Europe. We also brought in two goalscorers in Delfouneso and Sharp one on loan and one on a transfer. We also brought in two young players from Nordsjaelland and Zilina respectively.

Friendlies

Wolves 1 - 0 Hearts
Strandberg (45+1')

Morecambe 0 - 3 Wolves
Sharp (23'), Reid (47'), Ihiekwe (76')

AFC Telford 1 - 3 Wolves
Toivio (29'), Forde (33'), Judge (72')

Chesterfield 0 - 3 Wolves
Sharp (30'), Estigarribia (40'), Conway (48')

Wolves
2 - 2 Man Utd
Delfouneso (55'), Foley (82')

Wolves 2 - 0 Udinese
Davis (12'), Estigarribia (74')

Undefeated Pre-Season and we was excellent in just about every game and notable games was the draw with United which we had our fair chances to win it and the brutal win over Udinese where we could have had 4 or 5. We are all prepared for our season now after we strengthened areas which needed it and we have a target in mind that we want to reach. We begin our campaign against Derby County.

Very strong squad you're building there and with the results in pre-season it looks as though you could really get a double promotion back to the prem!

Very strong squad you're building there and with the results in pre-season it looks as though you could really get a double promotion back to the prem!

I was shocked with the quality of players that actually wanted to come for me, for example Strandberg in League One could easily hack it in the Premiership in the first year,

I was shocked with the quality of players that actually wanted to come for me, for example Strandberg in League One could easily hack it in the Premiership in the first year,

Yes Strandberg is prem standard - I guess players are coming to Wolves with the faith that they'll help them back to the Premier League.

How are you doing financially?

Nicolas Tagliafico is a beast, signed him for my Hull team third season (Premier League) for like 7mil and he's been amazing for me.

Nicolas Tagliafico is a beast, signed him for my Hull team third season (Premier League) for like 7mil and he's been amazing for me.

I remember seeing him in a save in 2022 and saw he started for Banfield so I had a browse. Hopefully he turns as good as your save.

Great story so far mate! Like your philosophy and i'm sure you'll get into the Prem soon. Btw, what tactic are you using? It's obviously doing wonders for you!