Great story so far mate! Like your philosophy and i'm sure you'll get into the Prem soon. Btw, what tactic are you using? It's obviously doing wonders for you!

Thankyou, trying to change what I do like making the club a profit because i'll want some good funds for the time I get into the Premier League.

View attachment 467496View attachment 467495

They are my tactics and I usually change the Striker role depending on the player but I suggest a Poacher/Advanced Forward. Middle three are crucial and usually control the game for me someone with great passing and creativity for the Advanced Playmaker works wonders (Svensson got 28 assists in all comps last year). If you ever come up against a team with a flat 5 midfield and you can't get past them you could put an attacking midfielder instead of your advanced playmaker to play in the hole. Hope I helped!!

Great to see another successful Wolves story :)

Jake Cassidy, Liam McAlinden, Anthony Forde, David Davis and Zeli Ismail turn into solid prem players if they are given plenty of game time.

Drage was phenomenal for me on my West Ham save, his versatility is amazing and is very consistent. He scored lots of free-kicks.

Great to see another successful Wolves story :)

Jake Cassidy, Liam McAlinden, Anthony Forde, David Davis and Zeli Ismail turn into solid prem players if they are given plenty of game time.

Drage was phenomenal for me on my West Ham save, his versatility is amazing and is very consistent. He scored lots of free-kicks.

Thanks, I've been giving Forde, David and Ismail alot of time. McAlinden has the potential but I shipped him out on loan. Hope your enjoying :)

View attachment 467398

Discussions about the upcoming season.

Steve Morgan: Hello there Josh, please take a seat. I have spoke to the directors at the club and the job you did last year ws really unbelievable in every aspect such as winning two trophies, stripping the wage bill massively, bringing through the clubs youth and making profit on your transfers. We are delighted that we have managed to keep hold of you over the summer. I've just called you in about targets this year.

JG: Thankyou for your admiration Steve, I have grown a fond love for the club and I don't plan on leaving even if I was to be poached by Europe's top teams. I want to be a manager with aims from coming from the bottom to establishing being one of the best teams in the world. I know it will take time but there is nothing to say we cannot keep growing. I want us to be there or thereabouts this year in the Sky Bet Championship with the way we ripped up the Sky Bet League One, I'd be disappointed if I couldn't manage a Play-off spot.

Steve Morgan: Well after a few of us spoke we thought about a mid-tabled finish would be a suitable requirement and we don't want to put such a expectation on your shoulder as we know you are a fantastic manager, infact one of the best I have personally worked with. I am being realistic in saying that I don't doubt your abilities but I wouldn't be disappointed if you finished in and around the mid-table.

JG: Steve I'm very pleased that you think that of me but I like to set myself a higher goal to always have the challenge there for me and my players so that we don't rest on our lorals. It's really helped having a positive communication with you Steve and having a good effect on me and the team knowing that even people at the top of the club want to hear views of the players and managers.

Steve Morgan: Due to your budget control and after your transfer dealings after August we have a budget in place for you. It is a very healthy budget for this league but it is all due to your financial control and offloading the players which was on massive wages. You will have 11.5m transfer funds and 90,000 a week free for wages. Thankyou for coming in today, good luck for the season ahead and I want you to enjoy it.

JG: Thanks Steve, if I need something I will be sure to give you a call.

Let the season begin!!

Thankyou, trying to change what I do like making the club a profit because i'll want some good funds for the time I get into the Premier League.

View attachment 390812View attachment 390814

They are my tactics and I usually change the Striker role depending on the player but I suggest a Poacher/Advanced Forward. Middle three are crucial and usually control the game for me someone with great passing and creativity for the Advanced Playmaker works wonders (Svensson got 28 assists in all comps last year). If you ever come up against a team with a flat 5 midfield and you can't get past them you could put an attacking midfielder instead of your advanced playmaker to play in the hole. Hope I helped!!

Thanks man, looks a good solid tactic. Might give it a go as I'm currently struggling on my new career with Ebbsfleet! So inconsistent! Keep up the good work

View attachment 467083

2013/14 Season

Half Season Review

Job Offers:

View attachment 467082View attachment 467081

I had received two offers from Premier League clubs to be the vacant manager of their teams but I declined both offers as I believe here at Wolves we have a good future and my relationship with the chairman cannot be valued enough. Hopefully we will be up there with them soon enough anyway.

League Fixtures:

View attachment 467077View attachment 467076

We have been very good this season. Better than I expected and some of the lads wouldn't look out of place in the Premiership the way they have been performing. All of the team are chipping in with goals and assist which is brilliant as I would rather have it spread out than one individual. The fighting spirit has been the key though as we have won alot of games by a one goal deficit but that has been the difference and hard work pays off.

Capital One Cup:

View attachment 467075

We have been excellent in the cup and have set ourselves up for a Semi-Final double tie against Stoke which is very winnable after dumping out Newcastle and Fulham with convincing wins we are not afraid to go in all guns blazing for a chance to be in the final of the cup. It would be a magnificent achievement for the club but we are not there yet so we must focus on the games against Stoke.

FA Cup:

View attachment 467074

We havn't played in the FA Cup yet but we have got a Third Round draw against Brighton who are challenging for the top in the Sky Bet Championship so the tie could go either way but I hope that we can make it swing in our favor and progress.

Player Statistics:

View attachment 467073

As you can see all throughout the team we have goals everywhere. Also people have been much more creative and it was very hard to pick a player of the update due to having quite a few contenders. The Finland international Toivio has been a rock at the back and give me a real headache who to have as my starting two at the back as Strandberg and Batth are both excellent but this guy matches them aswell. Marcelo Estigarribia, the Paraguayan has been instrumental in our attacking play along with Jonas Svensson and most of our goals have been created through those two.

Best Player So Far:

View attachment 467072
Marcelo Estigarribia

Since coming in on a free in July many people had there doubts that another South American trying his luck in England will fail as he won't be physical enough. I remember seeing Estigarribia at Juventus on loan a few years back and he showed glimpses of excellence and thats proved for us with 10 goals and 6 assists only halfway through the season. I hope he can replicate this form in the next half of the season.

League Table:

View attachment 467071

We are 1st!! I told Steve Morgan we was not out of our depth but I didn't expect to be topping the table come New Year. Now we have set the standard and know that we can be there we will have targets this season of getting promoted as a minimum. As a result of our good results and hard work, Steve has made more transfer funds available for us should we need it. If I feel we are a little light I may strengthen.

------
Any comments and likes are greatly appreciated, Thankyou.

Wow, 12 points clear at the top, great stuff. I've signed Estigarribia on my Palace save, though I've shipped him out on loan for the time being. Good to see him performing here

Brilliant work, Wolves are my second team and I've always got time for them. If only this was real...

Wow, 12 points clear at the top, great stuff. I've signed Estigarribia on my Palace save, though I've shipped him out on loan for the time being. Good to see him performing here
I've been following it, brilliant transformation you've had with the whole squad.

Brilliant work, Wolves are my second team and I've always got time for them. If only this was real...
Thanks Stephen, I know I wish so aswell.

January Transfers

View attachment 392240

In's:

NameClubFee
Alessandro LambrughiLivorno500k
Bilal Kamarieh/free
Gavin CaseySligo Rovers100k
Tom InceBlackpool 6m
Marco SauSampdoria675k
CabralSunderland 1.7m

Out's:

NameClubFee
Kevin McDonaldDoncaster250k
Alan JudgeBurnleyloan
Craig ConwayBrighton loan
Anthony FordeReading 2.5m

We didn't make profit this window which is a change from us but we have added much needed quality and depth in the right areas. We have been screaming out for a proper right-winger this season. Drage has been filling in but he isn't a natural winger, the arrival of Thomas Ince is a massive coup for the club and he will justify his fee. Cabral was also brought in from division rivals Sunderland after he demanded a transfer, we needed a tough tackling midfielder and he fits the bill. The other people brought in was youth or rotational players. The outgoing players wasn't getting enough first team football to stay at the club. Forde has an exciting future but just doesn't get in our team and he will have a better chance at Reading.

Very solid season for you so far. I'm liking the addition of Ince too. Keep it up

Hi mate great story your doing wonders i have you replaced the staff as some are very poor on the game? Keep it up

Very solid season for you so far. I'm liking the addition of Ince too. Keep it up
Needed somebody as I felt all my goals was coming from the left and had an unbalance, he would be a good player at the top flight aswell.

Hi mate great story your doing wonders i have you replaced the staff as some are very poor on the game? Keep it up
I have a few yes, I tried to release some when they wanted far too much compensation but I will have good staff in order for next year.

View attachment 466745

End of season review

Sky Bet Championship Fixtures:

View attachment 466741View attachment 466740

We had a solid start to the season and we added some new faces in January which we hopped would bolster our chances of promotion and after the window shut we had some blips but we still finished on a strong foot and I am pleased at the teams efforts.

FA Cup:

View attachment 466739

We got to the fifth round who we got Manchester City who was also another important game for us as you will see later on in this update and we didn't do ourselves any wrong giving the giants a fight all the way to the end before losing 4-3. It was a spirited performance and I said to the lads I was delighted. There was also wins over Everton and Brighton which was no easy feat.

Capital One Cup:

View attachment 466737View attachment 466736

As you can see, we managed to get all the way to the final of the Capital One Cup, dumping out three Premiership teams on the way to our way to Wembley and we was within inches of lifting the trophy as we took moneybags Manchester City all the way to penalties which we could of won it in sudden death but penalties is a cruel way to decide a game and I'm proud of all the lads for reaching this stage and they should not be disheartened. We will move on in the league.

Player Statistics:

View attachment 466734

Very, very tough decision to pick a player of the season this year as it could of literally been eight or nine players such as the two centre-backs who performed excellently all year and no doubt be my first choices next season. Svensson in the middle was just unstoppable at times being our Mesut Ozil of the team who provided 17 assists and 7 goals this season which I was delighted with. The two strikers who was rotated could have also received it, both of them surpassing the 20 goal mark for the season I am delighted with them and could never settle on a first choice striker. There was also Marcelo Estigarribia who claimed 21 goals himself along with 17 assists. He was brought in on a free and people had there doubts about him but he was nothing but excellent.

Player Of The Season:

View attachment 466733
Marcelo Estigarribia

When I tried to decide between a few players for the award it boiled down to this guy, every game he would perform. His goals and assist ratio is absolutely outstanding and there has been interest from high reputation clubs but he is keeping his feet on the ground and staying with us. He will be pivotal in our role next year.

Final League Table:

View attachment 466732

View attachment 466731

We have done it!!!!! We have done it in style aswell, for the second consecutive year in a row finishing above 100 points. We have been delightful to watch this season and gritted our teeth fighting for most of our games which we won by a single goal. We might not have been scoring 6 every game but we kept our heads and fought like champions and didn't take anybody lightly. We will be playing in the Premiership next year where we belong. It will be our sole target to just stay up in the Premier League.

Awards:

View attachment 466730View attachment 466729View attachment 466728
View attachment 466727View attachment 466726

Well Estigarribia doubled up with rewards claiming the Sky Bet Championship Player of The Year aswell. Others agree he was fantastic aswell and a joy to watch this year. Our team had 5 players in the team of the year which was excellent and I am proud of, special mentions to Carl Ikeme, Nicolas Tagliafico, Marcelo Estigarribia, Jonas Svensson and Thomas Drage. I also managed to claim a little prize in the Manger Of The Year which I am personally delighted with but it was those lads out there who won me it so I dedicate the award to them.

Join me in my next update as I prepare for life in the Premier League.

Top quality, looking forward to see who you sign for the Premier League!