Tommaso TavianiUjpestloan
Kevin FoleyNorwichP/Ex
Billy SharpNorwichloan
Alan JudgePeterborough450K
Thomas Kind BendiksenHuddersfieldloan
Lee EvansSheff Wedloan
Craig ConwayWatford250k
Adrian RussoHSVloan

So I don't know where to start, positions we needed to strengthen was the Striker and Right-Back spot. We have done brilliantly to offload Kevin Foley who had his wages bumped up to 50k per week which was 1/8 of our total payroll and had us limited but we managed to get a free Nathan Redmond for his services going the other way, a future England international if trained right. The man brought in to improve the right-back position was Gino Peruzzi who at 22 has time to improve but is already a fully caped Argentinian international so he will improve the side massively. As for the Striker position I didn't feel Billy Sharp was the Striker that would be shooting us up the table so I have took a massive risk in trusting the youth product Liam McAlinden but also bringing a fully international regular in Yura Movsisyan. The rest of the players brought in will be rotational and often pop in and out of the team. As for the outgoings Conway and Judge never had the best of times here so they was on their ways and I have sent alot of players out on loan to get first team football.

Friendlies:

Paris-Saint Germain
1 - 1 Wolves
Ince (38')

Swindon 1 - 6 Wolves
McAlinden (6', 17', 48), Cabral (12'), Sankhare (14'), Lambrughi (75')

Wrexham 1 - 1 Wolves
Ince (75')

St.Mirren 0 - 5
Wolves
Movsisyan (47'), Moli (53', 57'), Redmond (64', 85')

Telford 2 - 2
Wolves
Fetfatzidis (9'), Toivio (89')

We go all Pre-Season unbeaten. Some results was excellent especially against PSG where we battled to the last grind and had the better chances of the two teams, also goal gluts against St Mirren and Swindon looked promising. Two draws against really low opposition puzzled me but i'll take it as Pre-Season and we start against Fulham in the Premier League.

Join me for my first venture into the Prem!

View attachment 466444

Half Season Review

Special Mention:

View attachment 466437View attachment 466435View attachment 466434

Jonas Svensson

He has won the Norwegian Player & Young Player of the year which is a magnificent feat and he went one further by winning the European Goldenboy. A fantastic achievement which has been won by some of the best players to have played the game such as Lionel Messi, Cesc Fabregas, Pato an Mario Gotze.

Job Offers:

View attachment 466436View attachment 466433View attachment 466432

Well I wasn't short of options if I wanted to leave the club, the most notable being Liverpool who are a mammoth of a club, which is an absolute honor for me in my career as only my third year as managed but we would not be leaving Wolves anytime soon but it shows we must be doing something right.

League Fixtures:

View attachment 466430
We have been outstanding, only losing three times and two of them being top four teams which we was expected to get thrashed, we have had alot of draws but we have been very very solid and not lost games which is the positive. I am delighted with the team at the halfway stage.

Capital One Cup:

View attachment 466429

We went out in the fourth round which I will take full blame for as I am using the cups this year for young players to get their shot at football and concentrate solely on the league and not have too many games clogging up our fixtures for our first team players.

FA Cup:

View attachment 466428

As in the previous statement, only one or two regular starters in the team and we was dumped out the FA Cup in the third round but it will make us concentrate on the league and that we are not jaded and can put everything we need into it. I'm not unhappy that we have gone out of these cups.

Player Statistics:

View attachment 466427

Well for our first season in the Premiership to say we have been excellent is an understatement. We have picked up points against Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal which is brilliant even if your a title challenging team. We are the dark horses this year and it shows we can beat anybody and are not afraid to go to places and play our game.

Best Player So Far:

View attachment 466426
Jonas Svensson

Well I just had to give it to him as it was a toss up again between him and the reliable partnership of Batth and Strandberg. But to receive European Golden Boy and Norwegian Player of the year yet he cannot make it into the Norway squad which is beyond puzzling but he has been fantastic already this season with 6 goals and 6 assists which he can build on once hes back from his injury.

League Table:

View attachment 466424

Would you even believe that? 3rd in the Premier League when the bookmakers had us favorites to go back down but now I am fairly confident we can stay up and although I don't think we will end up here it would be nice to end up mid-table and build on it but we are setting no limits and hopefully we can carry on our rich vein of form.

Join me again for January transfer window!!

Last edited:
View attachment 392713

January Transfer Window

In's:

NameClubFee
Mason BennettDerby3.5m
Conor McIvorDerry City160k
RicardEspanyol525k
Alejandro Villarreal ''B''875k
Tommy Romer/free

Out's:

NameClubFee
Marco SauTorino750k
CabralCrystal Palace2.5m
Matt DohertyWest Ham1m
Marcelo EstigarribiaNapoli5m
Carl IkemeFulham 500k
Joona ToivioGirona2m
Liam McAlindenCardiffloan
Mason BennettSheff Utd loan

To summarize the transfer window we brought in only players for the future such as Mason Bennett who has been tipped for big things in the future and we also tried to go in for his teammate Will Hughes but we was quoted far too much. We also brought in two players from Spain which have shown high potential. The outs was just to clear wages and it was a big decision letting Player of the season Marcelo Estigarribia go as he was playing second fiddle to Nathan Redmond and I thought that it was a good time for him to move and carry on developing as a player. Long serving players Doherty and Ikeme also left the club.

View attachment 466275

End Of Season Review

Job Offers:

View attachment 466296View attachment 466295View attachment 466277
View attachment 466276View attachment 466272

Another Five Premier League clubs have mounted their interest in me which is yet again a very nice feeling but I will not be leaving Wolves as I have stated, not for the forseeable future anyway. It is nice to have interest off the top teams such as Arsenal, Spurs and City though.

League Fixtures:

View attachment 466291View attachment 466290

We have been good in the League since the restart but had a minor blip towards the end of the season which we went 5 games without a win which was a very dry spell including three games in a row which we threw away two goal leads to draw the match which I was very disappointed with. Yet I still remained delighted with the form we maintained.

Player Statistics:

View attachment 466288

So yet again for another season the two centre-backs have topped the charts for the highest average rating which I am delighted with and they are rocks at the back. With them both only 24 I believe they have another 7-8 years left for Wolves in the both of them unless they wish to leave. Jonas finished the season in double figures from midfield which was excellent to see.

Player Of The Season:

View attachment 466284
Stefan Strandberg:

Absolute rock at the back with Danny and I can see them forming a partnership for years to come which will only get better, he has been a main driving player in our spine of the team providing safety and even chipping in with his own share of goals.

Final League Table:

View attachment 466282

We have only gone and secured the 3rd spot in our first season in the Premier League!! We have created a team with strength of steel and creating a barrier to pass wheras we have speed going forward and often caught teams off guard. It came down to the last day in which we was fighting for a Champions League place and United and Arsenal took early leads to leave us in 5th and when we went 1-0 down to Newcastle I feared but we fought back for a 2-1 victory to claim the 3rd spot and we will be competing in next years Champions League!!!

Awards:

View attachment 466281View attachment 466280

Jonas claims English Players Player and gains a spot in the team of the year along with Stefan Strandberg which the two Norwegians have impressed since arriving in my first year for a combined fee of 2m. Now they are stars in the Premier League which they only have themselves to look at for the hard work.

Last edited:
u really are doing great pal hmm its up to you mate im not bothered loving the story and the signings!

Unbelievable achievement! You've definitely got some quality bargains. Good luck in the Champions League and well done on the offers.

u really are doing great pal hmm its up to you mate im not bothered loving the story and the signings!

Unbelievable achievement! You've definitely got some quality bargains. Good luck in the Champions League and well done on the offers.

Thanks guys, made some interesting signings which should be on later.

View attachment 394097

Transfers

In's:

NameClubFee
Cristiano Flamengo1.2m
Simon MignoletLiverpool6.5m
Bruno Ecuele MangaFC Lorientfree
Stefano MagnascoFC Groinegenfree
Dusan TadicFC Twentefree
Junior MoraesMetalurg Dfree
Luis GustavoAtletico Minerio4.6m
Granit XhakaGladbach14.25m
Jesus NavasMan Cityloan
Harald RomeroMarathon60k
Aleksander IgnjovskiWerder Bremen13.25m
Andy GaillardAS Monaco FC825k
Juan Francisco LopezZaragoza ''B''800k
Aurelio/free

Out's:

NameClubFee
Ole Kristian SelnaesFulhamloan
Thomas DrageMallorca4.3m
Eric BotteghinCardiff500k
Mason BennettCardiffloan
Giannis FetfatzidisHSVloan
Billy SharpSouthampton4.6m
Adrian RussoHannoverloan
David Davis Man City 17.5m
Thomas Kind BendiksenMainz1.8m

Looking on the basis of things, we have strengthened massively and we need to with a Champions League campaign ahead of us. Starting from the back.. Simon Mignolet was a steal from Liverpool at 6.5m as we was looking at bringing in Costel Pantillimon on a deal but Mignolet had a fine season at Liverpool and was available at a bargain price. We sealed alot of free transfers on Pre-Contract agreements in January which include Moraes, Tadic, Ecuele Manga and Magnasco. The two most eye catching signings was Xhaka and Ignjovski which cost a combined fee of 27.5m but if we are to start dominating games we need to be winning the midfield and with the quality of these two I believe we will push forward as a football team. We also managed to seal a fantastic loan deal for Jesus Navas of City who didn't see as much football last year as he would have liked. We will give him his chance here. Apart from loans out, I got rid of all my dead wood in the team who wasn't getting a sniff at first team action except Drage and Davis. Last year, Drage was in and out the team and with the two new arrivals he didn't have a chance, with Davis he was solid last year and protected the midfield but for 17.5m I thought I could buy somebody better to do the job. A great product from the academy though.

Friendlies:

Real Salt Lake
0 - 1 Wolves
Strandberg (20')

Sporting Kansas City 2 - 1 Wolves
Ince (72')

AFC Telford 0 - 4 Wolves
Moraes (10'), Sankhare (43'), Ince (51', 62')

Villarreal 0 - 2 Wolves
Strandberg (19'), Navas (23')

After a Pre-Season tour of America which proved very successful and morale was very high whilst away while players was looking very optimistic to the season we only lost one game in Pre-Season which was alright as we still played ok. We look forward to the campaign ahead in the Champions League and hopefully we can finish in the top 7 this year.

Youth Prospects:

View attachment 465441View attachment 465440View attachment 465439View attachment 465438View attachment 465437View attachment 465436View attachment 465435View attachment 465434View attachment 465433View attachment 465432View attachment 465431View attachment 465430
I have very, very high hopes for alot of these at the club to go on and play hundreds of games where others will blossom into stars and play their football elsewhere in a top division. High expectations from the media have been placed on players such as: Gustavo, Russo, Nielsen and Romero becoming world class players but we can only hope that is true.