Jamie92

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to undertake a project similar to that of the Russian outfit, Anzhi/Man City. Basically I want to put a **** of a lot of money into a club using the editor and gradually win the League/Cup/Europe ASAP. I want to know how I can make this happen, is it as simple as going into the editor and increasing the transfer/wage budget? If so what would be a realistic transfer/wage budget? Which team should I build? I would preferably like it to be in Europe but not England. Also I'm not quite sure what to do with the Sugar Daddy in the editor. Remember, I want this to be like Man City and IRL they seem to be throwing money at players AND being ABLE to sign big names, so I'm guessing repuatation needs to go higher...its pretty much realistic advice I'm seeking here. SORRY the OT has dragged on.

Thanks

If I were you I'd set a balance of £200M a transfer budget of £100M and a wage of £2M to start with

Set the Sugar Daddy to exactly the same as Man City in the editor as the chairman will pump cash into the club

And personally I'd leave the reputation the same. You wont be able to sign the best players straight away but you can buy players you wouldnt normally be able to buy/afford. This will change as your club progresses, because you will win things it will expand your reputation and you can get better players gradually, kind of like what Malaga are doing at the moment

man sounds like a great idea... what clubs do you have in mind? x

Estoril in the Portugese second division? Or is it too low?

Not sure yet, somewhere in Europe, just not England...any ideas?

Id fancy someone in Holland...get them back on the map! Feyernood or Ajax maybe?

Turkey would be good too... Fenerbache?

I just pumped in new money into Fiorentina :D lets go :D x

i did that with rangers in scotland.. but i got bored of winning everything and only lasted two years so be careful you dont pick a league were you will win without a big fight..

i did that with rangers in scotland.. but i got bored of winning everything and only lasted two years so be careful you dont pick a league were you will win without a big fight..

I got AC and INter to take down :D x

I was thinking the more "average" teams in European leagues such as Catania of Italy and Nuremburg of Germany, Nancy of France too...

Teams I think would be good to do it with:
Auxerre
Monaco
Toulouse
Koln
Stuttgart
Heerenveen
FC Utrecht
Parma
Palermo
Udinese
Chievo
Braga
Maritimo
Getafe
Zaragoza
Trabzonspor

I personally would go for Maritimo, as they look quite fun. But they are all clubs big enough to challenge within 2 or 3 years of investment but not too big that it wouldn't be a challeng.

What about someone in Scotland.Would be really easy.Only hard trophy to get would be the Champos League.

Last edited:
I always wanted to do something like this...great idea,in Scotland would be interesting trying to end Celtic/Rangers domination with some other team.

Gone with FC Utrecht in the end, had 4 games pre-season to see what the current squad was lacking and drafted in:

Stijn Schaars - 5m
Boy Deul - 500k
Antar Yahia - 5.5m
Andreas Granqvist - 6.5m
Ryad Boudabouz - 12m

One fantastic player they already have is Jacob Mulenga...a real gem up front!

i think ill have a go at this, lower Ligue 1 side but without signing the obvious players

Im currently similar with Parma, 4 seasons in I got a Tycoon takeover after finally breaking into the top 6. This summer I got a budget of 135M.(past 3 seasons combined i had £30M). Mid way throught the 4th season now im joint top and in the knock out stage of europa league. :) ?Signed the likes of Hazard, Sanchez and Hulk to join my young and talented team :)