Money can't buy you love, but can it buy you trophies?

nulp

Reaction score
1. I know the title name is dreadful, only thing I could really think of.
2. If you can't say anything nice about the team I'm managing and the money I'm spending, don't say anything at all:)
3. Would appreciate comments on how to improve my layout, thanks.
Update - LFCMarshall's end of transfer window one.

Manchester-City.png

BREAKING NEWS
Roberto Mancini has agreed to terminate his contract with the Manchester City board, he will leave the club with IMMEDIATE effect. The board seem to have already appointed someone as manager, but they for now are keeping it a secret. Mark Hughes? Gareth Southgate? Jose Mourinho? Sven Goran Eriksen? Who knows who will be boss.

CITY APPOINT THE UNKNOWN ONE
Well, after all it wasn't a manager like Mourinho or Guardiola, the board made the decision to appoint Joe van der Khirkov as new manager. Born in Russia, and bought up in Wrexham by a half-Dutch half-Russian family, he supports Wrexham and CSKA Moscow and holds a season ticket for the Welsh side. Man City fans are a bit angry over this decision to appoint Khirkov but will have the belief in him to do well.

Transfers
I know, I have given a bit away here
67nl04.jpg

City fans were already partying on Khirkov's back after the loan sale of Adebayor to Real Madrid, but really made up for it with two stunning signings in Edin Dzeko and Sergio Aguero for a combined price of £86M. To complete throwing the money around, Khirkov looked to the future by snapping up Ryan Shawcross from Stoke and Adam Matthews from Cardiff. Khirkov also shipped out a lot of youngsters on loan, with Sheffield Wednesday snapping up two starlets.

Pre-season results
Man. City 4-1 Reserves
Austria Wien 0-2 Man. City
Corby 1-7 Man. City
Swindon 0-3 Man. City
Oldham 1-6 Man. City
Bury 1-5 Man. City

Early injury setback for Khirkov and Edin Dzeko as he limped off with a hamstring injury during the 6-1 trouncing of Oldham. He would now be sidelined until late September.
edin-dzeko-verletzung-514.jpg

August update coming soon:)

Ohh a City story (shock)

Don't embarrass yourself by failing but good luck, not that you'll need it.

Good luck mate. :)

Nice layout.

AUGUST 2009

Going to miss Dzeko, we were having the team built around him, looks like I'd have to see what tactics would suit us without him. Anfield first, not the place I'd want to go to for an opening day match.

Liverpool 1 Manchester City 0
2dux9qd.jpg

Ugh. Not the best start. We completely dominated the first half, had chance after chance, but couldn't take any. Second half was completely different from the first, with Liverpool piling on the pressure, and eventually got their goal from a set peice. We pushed for an equaliser, and Tevez had a golden chance late in stoppage time but put it wide. Hoping to do better than this. MOTM - Micah Richards (7.3)

EUROPA LEAGUE
Manchester City 4 Rapid Wien 1
a4v0wk.jpg

Good solid win here. A bit of a scare when they got the away goal, but we got away with a comfortable victory. Brilliant performances from Tevez and Aguero, who scored a peach. MOTM - Carlos Tevez (9.5)
Blackpool 0 Manchester City 4
9s8juf.jpg

Was an average, average performance in all honesty. But atleast we took our chances and won comfortably. MOTM - Joleon Lescott (9.0)

EUROPA LEAGUE
Rapid Wien 0 (0) Manchester City 1 (5)
33z4u9w.jpg

Experimented 4-3-3 here, and it didn't work well. We got the win though courtesy of a stunning striker from Silva, and are safely into the group phase. MOTM - Joe Hart (8.6)

Manchester City 2 West Ham 1
2rrs9eg.jpg

This game was more comfortable than it looks, their goal was I think the only shot they recorded all game. Should have won by more but in the end we got the three points we wanted. MOTM - Carlos Tevez (7.6)

Good month apart from the Liverpool result. Got no table for that month, but a win in our game in hand would put us 2nd, behind Wolves of all teams. Joleon Lescott was our player of the month IMO, but no awards.

Good story mate, but try having a split view report for further time!

Good story mate, but try having a split view report for further time!

Thanks, and alright, knew I forgot I was putting something in.

September update today, and possibly October update if I play it enough today. :)

Awesome Gih. Couldn't you of gotten Shawcross for a little cheaper?

Don't wreck the thread guys.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

SEPTEMBER 2009

First up, the game in hand vs Villa..

Manchester City 3 Aston Villa 0
15qu8g0.jpg

Very pleasing this was. We could have got into double figures but for Brad Friedel. John Carew's penalty went well over in the first half, and Adam Johnson scored what would be goal of the month. MOTM - Adam Johnson (9.2)

International break injuries
Bit wound up, but arguably of our best players, Sergio Aguero, and Yaya Toure picked up injuries on International duty. Why can't qualifyers be in the summer? Won't be easy without them for our Sunderland trip.

Sunderland 1 Manchester City 2
2ce21at.jpg

We were shockingly bad here and Sunderland should have wrapped it up by half time. Arguably our worst performance so far this season. Silva didn't have enough fitness to go through the whole game, so he didn't start. I threw him, Santa Cruz, and Balotelli on late on as a triple sub and it payed off. Santa Cruz with a tap-in and Silva delightfully curling home from 25-yards to give us a three points we are delighted with when we didn't deserve any. MOM - Joe Hart (8.9)

UEFA-Europa-League-11.jpg

In the group stages of the Europa League we will be playing with Lyon, One of the Tel-Aviv sides and Vorskla of Ukraine. Should easily get through this in all honesty, with Lyon being a big challenge. They are up first though:'(

Lyon news
We are without Yaya Toure, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, and Joleon Lescott. They have all been brilliant so far and will be hugely missed, I will take a draw here..

EUROPA LEAGUE
Manchester City 3 Lyon 0
25yztiu.jpg

Woah. Certainly was not expecting this. The beginning was a bit shaky with Lyon scoring a disallowed goal and taking us apart, but basically not scoring. Mario Balotelli gave us the lead and then we look a totally different team. The penalty was a clear red I thought, Cris bought down Balotelli who was last man. But it doesn't matter, an excellent result. MOM - Mario Balotelli (9.0)

No games at the weekend due to the stupid Carling Cup:'( But will try and win it.

CARLING CUP
Derby County 0 Manchester City 3
6htkw6.jpg

First half was frustrating, couldn't break them down and they even managed to get a chance or two on the break. Second half was much better, with Tevez taking on about 5 players before scoring from 20-yards. Kolo Toure scored a nice goal aswell. MOTM - Vincent Kompany (8.6)

Back to the Premiership.
Manchester City 3 Blackburn Rovers 0
2rhrzep.jpg

Silva our saviour once again and another late show. Balotelli's free-kick hit the inside of the post, Silva bundled home the rebound. Tevez ran in from a one-on-one to slot home and Johnson took advantage of a bad pass by Robinson. Also, Dzeko made his debut back from injury. MOTM - Adam Johnson (9.4)

END OF SEPTEMBER TABLE
bdqjx4.jpg

October update tomorrow or Tuesday, played it already though. :D

Mate, you could of got Aguero for 52 as that's his release clause

other than that, good luck!