Money vs "Passion"

• Thread starter Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 3K
B

Blynd1

Today i woke up and did what i do eveeeeeeery morning, open the best football portuguese site www.abola.pt , and 1st i saw "Man city signs Ballotelli" i was like "Erm.... Ok... 1GK 10Forwards/strikers?" anyway, we all know the man city politicy , then around 13h/1PM, i went there again and saw "Man City doing anything to sign Ibrahimovic"... Again, it was normal, its man city... But then i open my TV and see this on the news

Man City offering 116million euro (0,9 euro per second for 4 years) to ibrahimovic if he sings a 4 year deal...

Seriously what is wrong ?! This guys are killing the game (football)! I am not saying its Man City only! Zenit also got Bruno Alves , one of the best portuguese central defenders, just because they were oferring him 80k euro per week... Because NO ONE in the world would like to go to Russia if it wasnt because of the money. There are tons of cases like these, players leaving their clubs and some of them the clubs they "love" just because of money! I think its just ridiculous how they are killing football nowadays... I am stunned... even if that Ibra article i red was a lie, its just ridiculos how money commands the football... Also i am not saying the teams not to buy player but... 116million in 4 years is just making fun of the people that have to work their *** off every single fu...ing day to be able to eat by the end of the month...

Just wondering what you guys think of this.. thanks :)

Last edited:
unfortunately for the majority of players money talks. players are greedy and want the most money they can get, regardless of what club they play for.

Lets face facts here------Money obvously talks the most and holds the most influence.I mean come on if you were offered 80k per week just to play football,you would rpobably go to San Marino if they asked you too.Whenever we complain of how money is killing football we forget the basic human character and how everyone wants to be rich etc. and since these players have enough talent for them to warrant such money,its really something we cant complain off as we would probably do the same if we were in their shoes but since we are not we like to think otherwise

I dont like it more than anyof you guys how money attracts players but nothing can be done about it and if you think about it,Money defines almost everything nowadays in the present era,so such a change is inevitable and very rarely is a person not motivated by money nowadays

I would go to San Marino for 5k per week... i wouldnt go to russia for 80k per week, you can trust me there ;). And you're a Chelsea fan , you'r team was built because of money aswell, so you obviously dont mind :P (not wanting to ofend you)

virtually all teams are built with money

Look back on the past.
The more money you throw around, the more worthless it becomes.
They keep this up and the pound won't be worth anywere near as much as other currencies.

I would go to San Marino for 5k per week... i wouldnt go to russia for 80k per week, you can trust me there ;). And you're a Chelsea fan , you'r team was built because of money aswell, so you obviously dont mind :P (not wanting to ofend you)

I understand and maybe there is an elemt of truth there but if you ask around,there are a few people like me who dont mind it 2 much also and now Man City make us look like beggars with their spending spree...;)

Money > Everything else.

Just look at Pompey and Newcastle, 2 sets of awesome fans, with gimp owners.

Obviously all teams are built with money, but when you give 90cents per second to a person in the next 4 years... i am not sure if thats correct at all...

Ah wel.. its all about C.R.E.A.M.

Cash Rules Everything Around Me - and it's not just in football. Can you blame Bruno Alves? I can't, would you rather have just the necessary money or that extra bit you know you can spoil on pretty much anything you want? I wouldn't think twice. Now, the "money-grabbers" can provide a good life for their families, friends, themselves, whatever. I would rather have a Mansion in Vegas, 2 Lambos and a Heli, than a flat and a Mercedes in Lisbon.

Obviously all teams are built with money, but when you give 90cents per second to a person in the next 4 years... i am not sure if thats correct at all...

Think about it mate,with every match he wins for you,you probably make bags of cash in revenue etc. so basicaly he earns allthat money back for you by helping your clu win trophies etc....this has nothing to do with morals,its pure hardcore Business

Alcarez you might be right... but we both know man city will not be winning anything big ;) ... you dont make a team with 11 forwards... thats why i am saying its ridiculous to spend money in a team like this... i do like man city, i probably like every single team in england because in my point of view its the best football ever, but things are getting ridiculous... i also like chelsea obviously, i am portuguese and chelsea recent history was made by portuguese people :) but my friend... people around the world die everyday for not having 1 cent to eat... its just bad...

Alcarez you might be right... but we both know man city will not be winning anything big ;) ... you dont make a team with 11 forwards... thats why i am saying its ridiculous to spend money in a team like this... i do like man city, i probably like every single team in england because in my point of view its the best football ever, but things are getting ridiculous... i also like chelsea obviously, i am portuguese and chelsea recent history was made by portuguese people :) but my friend... people around the world die everyday for not having 1 cent to eat... its just bad...

I agreebus tahts how life is,now I can see this topic moving into the Politics area which I fear will close this Thread down for being off-topic,I would love to continue this debate some other time mate

Ah wel.. its all about C.R.E.A.M.

Cash Rules Everything Around Me - and it's not just in football. Can you blame Bruno Alves? I can't, would you rather have just the necessary money or that extra bit you know you can spoil on pretty much anything you want? I wouldn't think twice. Now, the "money-grabbers" can provide a good life for their families, friends, themselves, whatever. I would rather have a Mansion in Vegas, 2 Lambos and a Heli, than a flat and a Mercedes in Lisbon.

I agree yes these players have a hard time turning it down, as would i. But my main issue is, (i am football mad but..), Nurses, Police, Firemen & alot of others do a job that saves LIVES. While these idots kick a ball around for 90mins, don't look after themselves by getting drunk, sell stories to the press, cheat on their wives/girlfriends &fiancées, provide the worst possible example to youngsters who call them their "heros", so no money shouldn't be thrown at these spoiled, idotic brats. that sounds like a right rant but you get my drift, people spend 5 years at college/uni and undergo training and someone like Bruno Alves earns more in 2 months than they will in their life.

Absolutely right Dean,
It's shocking I mean who does Mario Balotelli think he is "demanding" £190,000 a week.
He's a ****** 19 year old, god sake.
But to be fair Mancini and Zlatan Ibrohimovic denied that report

Today i woke up and did what i do eveeeeeeery morning, open the best football portuguese site www.abola.pt , and 1st i saw "Man city signs Ballotelli" i was like "Erm.... Ok... 1GK 10Forwards/strikers?" anyway, we all know the man city politicy , then around 13h/1PM, i went there again and saw "Man City doing anything to sign Ibrahimovic"... Again, it was normal, its man city... But then i open my TV and see this on the news

Man City offering 116million euro (0,9 euro per second for 4 years) to ibrahimovic if he sings a 4 year deal...

Seriously what is wrong ?! This guys are killing the game (football)! I am not saying its Man City only! Zenit also got Bruno Alves , one of the best portuguese central defenders, just because they were oferring him 80k euro per week... Because NO ONE in the world would like to go to Russia if it wasnt because of the money. There are tons of cases like these, players leaving their clubs and some of them the clubs they "love" just because of money! I think its just ridiculous how they are killing football nowadays... I am stunned... even if that Ibra article i red was a lie, its just ridiculos how money commands the football... Also i am not saying the teams not to buy player but... 116million in 4 years is just making fun of the people that have to work their *** off every single fu...ing day to be able to eat by the end of the month...

Just wondering what you guys think of this.. thanks :)
How are Man City ruining football? were just using the money that our owners have. If it was happening to your club you would not be saying this.

I agree yes these players have a hard time turning it down, as would i. But my main issue is, (i am football mad but..), Nurses, Police, Firemen & alot of others do a job that saves LIVES. While these idots kick a ball around for 90mins, don't look after themselves by getting drunk, sell stories to the press, cheat on their wives/girlfriends & fiancées, provide the worst possible example to youngsters who call them their "heros", so no money shouldn't be thrown at these spoiled, idotic brats. that sounds like a right rant but you get my drift, people spend 5 years at college/uni and undergo training and someone like Bruno Alves earns more in 2 months than they will in their life.

Couldn't agree more, mate, but thats how it goes. And, as there's nothing we can do about it, we should at least try to understand both parts of the story. Most of footballers are illiterate f*ckers, who had luck in life.

Edit: dunno why text is half-black, noob much? sorry :$

Last edited:
Dean and Clark you just stoly my words ;)

Look at Ribery... Wining more money in a month that i will probably (for sure) win in my entire life, then spend time with a prostitute (16 or 17 years cant remember) as a birthday gift... what the ******* ! ... Its not right! people spend their time learning, working, for what? ending up cleaning streets while some 19 year old idiot kicks a ball and DEMANDING 190k per week? 19 years? ... WHATEVA! x)

you all complain about it, but do you all not watch every game on tv, or head down to the stadium? if you're that fed up, stop following it and giving it your cash on tickets merchandise etc

How are Man City ruining football? were just using the money that our owners have. If it was happening to your club you would not be saying this.

I am the one saying NO to liverpool being taken over by some random asian dude... They will give us money yeah, but Liverpool is an ENGLISH CLUB, not a chinese playground.

Back