Money vs "Passion"

• Thread starter Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 3K
I would love to see some kind of roof put in on both salaries and transfer fees.
Max 20k per month in salaries, and max 5M transfer fees.

Welcome to the American sports setup. I actually like seeing no salary cap in Europe, makes it interesting.

Lower entry prices to stadiums, bigger stadiums. A set % of club revenues have to be given to local clubs and youth teams/youth clubs in the districts.

I'm pretty sure owners already donate money to better causes than youth teams. Btw, you have to think, if you have a bigger stadium, say 80-100k, what if you don't fill it up? The few extra million dollars you spent making it that large will have been wasted. It's better to slowly expand.

I'm pretty sure owners already donate money to better causes than youth teams. Btw, you have to think, if you have a bigger stadium, say 80-100k, what if you don't fill it up? The few extra million dollars you spent making it that large will have been wasted. It's better to slowly expand.

Don`t you think more people would buy tickets if they were cheap, and easy to get?
Lower salaries would result in lower ticket prices, making attending matches more accessible to more people.

Salary caps would also make it more attractive for players to play for their own local teams, don`t you think?

In my opinion, every sports club should be run as a non-profit organization.

Yeah? Because the quality of football played is higher, and the teams have more fans? So?

Yeah? Because the quality of football played is higher, and the teams have more fans? So?
So you are saying that teams in the prem should sell there ticket cheap so more people would go even though they are already selling out there stadium

Passion, it's like going onto an extra level, compared to money, were you're only interested in flash cars and bonus'!

So you are saying that teams in the prem should sell there ticket cheap so more people would go even though they are already selling out there stadium

Yeah, but then again, I also believe that the world economy should consist of a system of exchanging cheese doodles and handjobs, though I`ve not worked out the details yet.

I know things won`t change, I`m not stupid or naive, I`m 30 and I`ve been around to say the least.
I`m just saying what I think it should`ve been like from the beginning.
Sports clubs should`ve been run like non-profit organizations, with caps on transfer fees and salaries, and all profits should be poured back into the local community. (Including lower ticket prices and bigger stadiums where viable so more fans can attend).
The amounts of money involved in football today is disgusting.

Last edited:
Gink, wouldn't we all love that,
but boys might be put off playing football because they can make more money elsewhere.
But I'm sure that was how it was back in Atlantis ;D

personaly i think footballers do earn way to much money especially at the top level. But i will say their playing carear is pretty short so in that sence you do have to earn as much as you can take. Most cases now days money is the main reason people use against players i.e Joe Cole, Mario Balotelli etc, but lets look at Ramires yes he is going to be earning more at Chelsea but do we think this is the only reason he has left Benfica???

Back