More Pompey Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isnt a small sum, just he doesnt need to money, and compared to everything else he earns. it is small sum for him
Who says he doesn't need the money? I could say you don't need money either! He worked hard for this, footballers train loads and he deserves what he was promised.

I am not gonna bother replying to your quote of this because you are SO one-sided and childish. So don't bother making excuses because (guess what!) I don't care!

yes lets all go on benifits. becuase some over paid ****** would accept the 80k a week he was getting for 3 years, he wanted more. the benifits wont pay as much as there wage, and benifits only last for 6 months. So unlucky. Naive of you to thiink, Benifits wll save them. Mortages, Insurance if they have such a thing. will only pay for 8 months and normally 70% of a males wages and 30% of a females wages. So you have no idea

Benefits don't last for 6 months, there's people who have been on job seekers allowance for over 7 years. No obviously benefits don't match to 'real' wages its there to help people on the short term for rent, children, food etc...So don't try to dramatise that people are going to die.
Sol Campbell wasn't the only overpayed staff why should he suffer a large sum of his hard earned money because of the monkeys leading the club, and he's already said he's willing to wait.

Hang on your a pro footballer aren't you? Ah never mind your just a 20 year old nobody who spends his free time on a forum. You have no idea, grow up.

Who would seriously want to give away £1.6m?? I know i wouldnt. He had a contract with the club and they agreed to pay him the wages so why shouldnt he claim it. Portsmouth bit off more than they could chew and theyre now feeling the repercussions.

Wow. Major lily-white bitterness there.

If you were owed £1.67m, you would fight tooth and nail to claim it, too. And it doesn't matter that he's "already got plenty", that is a lot of money.

It his money he is owed :/ why are most of you attacking him? if you had his ammount of money you would still want the £1.6M you were owed.

Yes, but you could argue that most players are mercenaries, even John Terry or Steven Gerrard, in context, a career in football can be very short and many players will want to ensure that they can live in luxury for the rest of there life's. I am sure Campbell has a lot of money but even I'd be ****** off in his position if I hadn't got that money.

Who says he doesn't need the money? I could say you don't need money either! He worked hard for this, footballers train loads and he deserves what he was promised.

I am not gonna bother replying to your quote of this because you are SO one-sided and childish. So don't bother making excuses because (guess what!) I don't care!

Who would seriously want to give away £1.6m?? I know i wouldnt. He had a contract with the club and they agreed to pay him the wages so why shouldnt he claim it. Portsmouth bit off more than they could chew and theyre now feeling the repercussions.

All of the above posts have a point, if he is owed money by our club no matter what mess we are in he's entitled to claim it.

The question with Campbell, is how many times can he play the defenceless martyr, enslaved and bullied by unscrupulous club owners?

For me, whether he is right or wrong is immaterial, this is the same Campbell that told Spurs fans he loved the club, promised to sign a new contract and then held out long enough to leave on a free transfer and claim what transfer fee the club could have got in signing on bonuses. This is the same Campbell who had a gentleman's agreement with Arsenal that he would not move to another Premiership team if given a free and then moved to Portsmouth. This is the same Campbell who signed a big fat contract with Notts County before leaving after one game, whinging that they wouldn't release his registration and allow him to join another club.

He has never shown the capacity to put others first or demonstrated a character with high morale standards, it's wrong for Pompey to believe that he should start now and with them!

Last edited:
Yeah it is. It's one point sixtyseven MILLION pounds!

Campbell has no ******* morality. Kick a club when they are down. He only thinks about himself.

If you were owed £1.67m, you would fight tooth and nail to claim it, too. And it doesn't matter that he's "already got plenty", that is a lot of money.

I understand your points but what I want to know is why now?

Campbell is a ******, he's probably on good money at Arsenal and will earn that in a season at least.

Maybe if your club wasn't run so poorly for the last 4 years or so this wouldn't bother you. Although it's easy to blame everyone else and make them look like the bad guy eh Max? ;)

It isnt a small sum, just he doesnt need to money, and compared to everything else he earns. it is small sum for him

How do you know how much money Campbell has, he is a pretty mental guy, he could have spent all his money on skittles or maybe he collected gold coated bathtubs? Who knows..

When I heard that Campbell was suing Portsmouth I immediately thought he is an absolute ******. I don't care that he plays for Arsenal, around 90 people working at the club were made redundant a few days ago and he is suing them? Money that can go to those who barely have any? I find it disgustingly selfish.

That's funny because all the other players at Pompey keep getting paid, all the other Premier League clubs will receive their money first, it's everyone for themselves as soon as a team goes into administration so it's not just Campbell who's the bad guy here. You wouldn't expect the guys playing for Pompey to give their wages up so he may as well join in.

That's funny because all the other players at Pompey keep getting paid, all the other Premier League clubs will receive their money first, it's everyone for themselves as soon as a team goes into administration so it's not just Campbell who's the bad guy here. You wouldn't expect the guys playing for Pompey to give their wages up so he may as well join in.

I never claimed that he was the only selfish player, I think it would be an easier task to construct a list of all the unselfish footballers.

To be honest I would be saying the same for every player doing this to every club, I find it appalling that the Portsmouth players were getting as much money as they were (Way overpaid) while their finances weren't very strong. It doesn't have an affect on me in the slightest, but it's my opinion going by my own morals. Sol Campbell (and anybody who has and would do the same in this position) in my opinion is too greedy.

Please tell me you actually know this is for his share in image rights not wages. he has been paid his "hard Earned Money" as you so stupidly put it.

thanks for sharing your lack of anything with us.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Benefits don't last for 6 months, there's people who have been on job seekers allowance for over 7 years. No obviously benefits don't match to 'real' wages its there to help people on the short term for rent, children, food etc...So don't try to dramatise that people are going to die.
Sol Campbell wasn't the only overpayed staff why should he suffer a large sum of his hard earned money because of the monkeys leading the club, and he's already said he's willing to wait.

Hang on your a pro footballer aren't you? Ah never mind your just a 20 year old nobody who spends his free time on a forum. You have no idea, grow up.

Hang on. Job Seekers allowance only last for 6 months nowadays, thank you, i should know when i was 14, my dad was made unemplyoed. He only had it for 6 months.

I am sorry you have the feeling i am 20 something. Unlucky about that. Where did you get that from again.

Please tell me you actually know this is for his share in image rights not wages. he has been paid his "hard Earned Money" as you so stupidly put it.

Sorry Scott, but it has been proved to the court that it was unpaid wages..

But Campbell’s legal team successfully proved that the money was unpaid wages and HMRC tax officers are already investigating whether other players’ wages were disguised as image rights in big-money contracts.

I think the whole point of this thread is because Campbell went to court and proved that the money was wages and not really for image rights as Pompey were claiming.

Sorry Scott, but it has been proved to the court that it was unpaid wages..
Images right are written into people contracts, hence they are part of there wage, as they get taxed on them. they all get Deducted from the Salary and taxed at 50%

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Hang on. Job Seekers allowance only last for 6 months nowadays, thank you, i should know when i was 14, my dad was made unemplyoed. He only had it for 6 months.

I am sorry you have the feeling i am 20 something. Unlucky about that. Where did you get that from again.

Lol, jobseekers is not 6 months 'nowadays', i used to be on it, to prove this i know for fact if an employer employs someone on a permanent position who's been on jobseekers for more than six months the government gives them money. Also there was a program on t.v about it with some kids being on for years who cant 'find' work. And i got 20 from your profile, yes how inspector morse of me. Haha hard earned money is stupidly put? You saying it is not hard to be a Pro Footballer? Thank you for sharing your facts of a 14 year old with me.

Scott you can be on jobseekers etc. for however long.. There was a TV programme a few weeks ago where a guy had been on them for 5 years. Not that, that has anything to do with Pompey :S

You can be on job seekers for aslong as you like, However after 6 month they will send you on courses where you get stuck in a room full of deadbeats filling out CV's and learning how to make phonecalls, I'm not sure how often you have to do this but i know its atleast once a week but could be more.Sometimes they will send you on courses to learn forklift truck driving and the likes for qualifications but aslong as you continue to turn up to them you get your job seekers, Only if you refuse does it stop after 6 month and then 6 month later you can go back on.

However, On topic is Campbell in need of this money, Lets be honest he probably doesnt need it but it is his money, He had a contract and deserves to be paid, Morally it may suck but hes doing what most people in his shoes would do.

I remember watching a TV show where a nurse went to the premiership clubs and asked the players to give up just 1 days wages for Nurses Week and this was what they got.

"On the 13 May 2007 the May Day For Nurses Campaign succeeded in signing almost one half of all Premiership football players who gave their pay that day to the May Day for Nurses Hardship Fund"

Sol Campbell may be greedy but over half them Premiership in 2007 were just twats, A days wages is nothing to these guys but they didnt give it up so really asking Campbell to give up 1.67 million is asking way too much.

Oh and Campbell did give up a days wages so he does have a heart......kinda.

Its not about being Spurs. Its the way Campbell has gone through life ******** on people then claiming he has done nothing wrong in his life. As for the money why did he not sue Portsmouth after he left them? Why wait for them to be in serious money trouble when he had time before to do it.

Its not about being Spurs. Its the way Campbell has gone through life ******** on people then claiming he has done nothing wrong in his life. As for the money why did he not sue Portsmouth after he left them? Why wait for them to be in serious money trouble when he had time before to do it.

He did sue Pompey almost as soon as he left them, the process can be quite long winded hence him only winning the case now.

and he can commit to anywhere, look at notts county, they broke promoises.

i agree totaly i would fight till i got it back regardless if the club is sinking

The club has always been in serious money trouble lol.. Probably why they didn't pay him it in the first place. And him winning the case now means nothing, he could of been fighting this case for months, the media wouldn't tell you that because they want people to be angry but it's obvious this legal battle has been going on for a while.

Scott* said:
off money he doesnt need, which could cost a 30s familys to starve this week, or to have to move house for not being able to keep up with rent or martage, YH good one thats really worth it.
Yes. Absolutely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.