What would interest me, is a custom database, that we could test (don't know how yet), which attributes influence the match engine the most and which the least. I believe tactics are important but so are attributes.

Anyone else on board with this?

Last edited:
Look at this :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ep2PP28Du9VGmWWeGOXriw6LEt7tStr98E38lk2hqa8/edit#gid=0

All attributes "influence the match engine" but is impossible to say which attribute influences more and which influences less. But is obvious that any test has a limit. You can not say "this tactic was tested with high quality players and clearly IS a very good tactic for a team with low quality players".

the spreadsheet is locked. it says it needs permission to view it.

Look at this :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ep2PP28Du9VGmWWeGOXriw6LEt7tStr98E38lk2hqa8/pubhtml

All attributes "influence the match engine" but is impossible to say which attribute influences more and which influences less. But is obvious that any test has a limit. You can not say "this tactic was tested with high quality players and clearly IS a very good tactic for a team with low quality players".

I can't figure out what these numbers are supposed to be:

View attachment 149411

Screenshot by Lightshot

Was using TFF9 tactics for a while, had ok results but didn't like the formation or style of play. Tried out Tribute to Puskas v2 and v4, after seeing the results table, results were sick, trashed juventus (3:0) and PSG (3:0) with Hajduk Split, won CL playing fluent beuatiful passing football and most important, all players blossomed to their full PA, all big clubs want them. For me, Puskas is definetly most stable and most complete tactic for this year FM series.

Can we please have an updated version of the testing spreadsheet ?
Thank you in advance

Most Comprehensive Tactic Test in FM-Base History

UPDATE (27-04-2016):

Hello everybody!

We made a new test!!

Now we are testing CA145 and CA120 as you can see in the new spreadsheet.

We are posting a full description of the testing environment.

We have tested like 20 tactics so you have a lot of information to see.

NEW Result table Patch 16.3

what is the point of doing this, why do you even bother?

Firstly - thread is already dead and will not be continued for FM 16 - it was already said so don't act like if you were mentally disabled.

Secondly - 90% of well-performing tactics are nearly the same. During past few months all has standardized. Similar player, team and opposite instructions/roles/corner routines etc. Literally repetitive, just check by yourself. All but formation is nearly the same. What does that mean? Pick the formation that suits your current roster most to get the best results. Results will not vary that much anyways if you are managing your team well.

For FM17, we have a new website where we will share tactic testing results! The extent of what we are planning to do in FM17 is too big for a single forum thread...

Hi everyone! My team and I are very passionate about FM, and we try to do our best to give the FM community a better experience with the game. We are currently three members in our team, where I am the tactician, Francesco tactic tester / admin, and Luigi who is our programmer. We are now in an urgent need of finding another person who is just as passionate about FM as us, and who loves to write about it, i.e. we need someone who wants to write articles, short or long, about FM. Please PM me if you are interested! :)

View attachment 124668

Last edited: