Most Delusional Fans? [Barclay's Premier League]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 4K

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
I am curious what people think, as Tottenham fans are quite often labelled as "deluded", though I personally prefer to call myself a dreamer.

What do you think?

I deliberately chose not to include a poll as I believe it'll cause arguments when certain teams are/are not included in it, so just state in the thread who you think and your reasons.

Well, if you can count The Toon next year then people always call us deluded for idolising Shearer. Doesn't everyone idolise their former best players? :@

I'd say Spurs too. Though a bit unfair maybe. :S

Awesome thread idea - if you want the membership of FM-Base at each other's throats. When Scott and Gunner500 see this thread they will *********.

Liverpool without a dout. with arsenal close behind. just belive liverpool cant see when something is bad and try and use their HISTORY card too often. as for arsenal they belive its ok to play nice football even if you dont win things. just my opinion.

Last edited:
Awesome thread idea - if you want the membership of FM-Base at each other's throats. When Scott and Gunner500 see this thread they will *********.

That may have entered my mind when creating it, but for the sake of a discussion I thought I'd risk it and see if the community could remain mature for once.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Any reason for your suggestions? Or just bias?

I know most people will say city fans, id say liverpool. live off history, its the present, and future that matters

That may have entered my mind when creating it, but for the sake of a discussion I thought I'd risk it and see if the community could remain mature for once.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Meh, probably won't get the chance to find out. The Admin/Mod team aren't very lenient towards threads that may cause arguments. Just look at the 'Who do you respect' thread that was closed in a few minutes.

Anyway, in answer to the question I'd have to say Arsenal fans. Every year they think they'll win something! Pfft.

I know most people will say city fans, id say liverpool. live off history, its the present, and future that matters

i agree when liverpool fans get the **** taken out of them for liverpools bad season in my school they allways come back with the same sentence... " we have won 5 champions leagues " so ****** annoying

Liverpool without a dout. with arsenal close behind. just belive liverpool cant see when something is bad and try and use their HISTORY card too often. as for arsenal they belive its ok to play nice football even if you dont win things. just my opinion.

i will say i like this thread although people may not and im glad people have already agreed with my points about arsenal and liverpool.

Arsenal Fans; some on this forum, and others I know really annoy me.

I know I said we could be challenging for the league, but you need to be realistic. After moving into the Emirates, there was always going to be financial restraints, due to the massive loan we took out. Yet, we still think, with pretty much no signings, they expect us to be winning a lot of trophies. I wouldn't say I'm angry with our League campaigns, it's more the fact we do not go for the domestic cups.

Yet, the immature Gunners, come on here, and expect us to roll over anyone. I know I have questioned Wenger, but the great man will turn it around. I think people expecting us to buy recently are the people who do not know Wenger had 40m in the summer, yet decided to invest it in paying off debt, to secure the longevity of the club. Wenger, I believe, will spend money, but only if he can find the right player. Yet, Arsenal fanboys call it a crisis, which it is not. Our debt is very much managable now, and we have a stable future, with the ability to outspend Chelsea now. We may not have won any trophies for 5 years, but all great teams have blips.

Still, after all this, these 'Arsenal Followers' say stupid things like 'we should be winning the league'. Make no bones about it, I was disappointed when we lost the title. But, if you asked me at the start of the year, what i would take, top four would have been the cry. We have that, and can know look to build. I think the last 4/5 years have been about making money, to recouperate our initial losses from the stadium, and now we keep qualifiying for the UCL, and that is really important, and have made money at a stagerrating rate, we can now reap the rewards.

Last edited:
Sunderland fans, they think they deserve to stay in the Prem..

Any reason for your suggestions? Or just bias?

Ever been to an Everton match at Goodison or watched one? They think because it is at their ground they should get every single decision from the ref. There is a few reasons why although anyone that see's it will pick out every little thing that I am 'wrong' about. And yeah of course there is some bias ;)

I think we can safely say all fans in the North East are passionate. :)

But deluded. :P ;)

Man U fans:$

Ahhh nooooo, Scott has forced entry to my house with 19-11-08. ;)

Don't every set of fans expect to get 100% of decisions at home

Chelsea fans.

You're living off Abramovich, when he goes.. your ******! Get over it.

Derby fans. Think they're better than us still, oh well. :P

On a serious note I think our fans are a bit deluded to be honest if they think we'll cut it in the premier league. If we win the playoffs - which I also think is a major doubt

Back