Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Which club is the most difficult to manage? Could you make some suggestions? Which team, which league.

Reaction score
Portsmouth due to extremely tiny squad and the Transfer Embargo.

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
Portsmouth due to extremely tiny squad and the Transfer Embargo.
I'm doing great. Once the embargo's lifted, sign Danny Wilson, Henri Lansbury, Etc on loans. Finished in play offs, lost in final, got took over, second season I'm 2nd at January with decent budgets :p;)<):D

Tranmere.

Reaction score
What do you think about the teams which are not in europe?

Reaction score
Don't manage in England, even if it is lower league. Once you manage to get into the Prem you get a crapton of money so off with the challenge :p

Reaction score
From what i've seen/heard, Plymouth, Portsmouth.

Reaction score
Dundee - Scottish 1st division reason 25 points deducted put into administration (only if you have it patched though)

but If you are wanting a bigger team Athletic Bilboa - Liga BBVA reason they can only sign basque players although they do have about 10 reserve teams that are full of basque players.

Reaction score
From what i've seen/heard, Plymouth, Portsmouth.
Plymouth's not that hard tbh.

Biggest challenge probably is Dundee, starting with -25 points. Anyone who saves them from relegation without cheating, is a legend.

Reaction score
athletic club would quite hard with the fact u can only sign players from one province of spain and no foriners

Reaction score
athletic club would quite hard with the fact u can only sign players from one province of spain and no foriners
Yup. Also they've got good enough youth facilities to keep it from being impossible. And a few more teams generate Basque players, too.

SPL

Reaction score
Plymouth's not that hard tbh.

Biggest challenge probably is Dundee, starting with -25 points. Anyone who saves them from relegation without cheating, is a legend.
Not really, in my rangers save in the first season, dundee just missed out on promotion

Reaction score
Not really, in my rangers save in the first season, dundee just missed out on promotion
In my save they really went crazy. They finished last with two points the first season, meaning they would have been relegated even without the point deduction. Then they get promoted in consecutive years all the way to Premier only to get relegated immediately.

Every other year a different division... XD

Reaction score
FC Roskilde in danish 1st. division. (2nd best devision...)

Reaction score
The Liverpool stuff is getting old now...

OT: I would have to agree Athletic Club is probably the hardest. But you can make the game hard yourself by putting restrictions on yourself. Ie Domestic player bias must be above a certain percentage.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Blackpool, tried it so many times and failed.

Reaction score
bilbao is a great challenge, but doable with people like llorente and muniain etc.