Players in the prime of their careers end up retiring because no teams will agree to the players outrageous salary demands. You are a League 1 player, so stop asking Premier/Championship wages. They never move off their initial demands even after a season sitting out of the game.

Actually, if FM one year ago had Atletico Madrid will win La Liga and reach the CL final, I'd say it's completely unrealistic. Or if you told me 3 hours ago MK Dons will beat United 4-0. Under certain circumstances, that can happen.

Its not the fact they won it, its the manner they won it. In the quarter finals they hammered PSG, in the semi finals they were 5-1 down to Arsenal and won 6-1 in the return leg and in the final they put 4 past me who has one of the best defenses in Europe. They didn't even have good players yet they were just banging the goals in. Compared to Atletico IRL last season who had better players and grinded results by playing defensive that could happen (as seen with Chelsea, Porto). And Man Utd rested a lot of players and with their form and morale was always likely to lose.