Mourinho "United would be hard to say no too"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Jose Mourinho has admitted the Manchester United job would be “a great challenge” should Sir Alex Ferguson ever step down from his post at Old Trafford.

The self-proclaimed ‘Special One’ has never hidden his admiration for Sir Alex Ferguson and in a recent interview, the Real Madrid coached praised the “proud” values of Manchester United, instilled by their long-serving manager.

Speaking about the recently deposed Premier League champions, Mourinho told the Telegraph: "They play the English way, hard and physical.

“Europe is different. Tactics, strategy, the players you have, the players you pick, it is very different to domestic club football.

“Manchester is a club who are proud and perhaps look at winning the League title as more important than anything else."

Speaking about Ferguson, Mourinho revealed his deep routed respect for the Manchester United boss, and suggested he would be honoured to succeed him at Old Trafford.

Mourinho said: "Sir Alex is a great man, a great manager with a lot of respect from everybody.

He added: “Manchester United would be a great challenge for me. But Liverpool is not the club for me. I know why, but I cannot tell you.

I am not sure where this sauce has come from as I have just seen this on the Manchester United forum, I hope this happenes one day though.

lol where did the "Liverpool is not the club for me. I know why, but I cannot tell you." come from? Haha.

lol where did the "Liverpool is not the club for me. I know why, but I cannot tell you." come from? Haha.

i dont no mate lol i suppose from when he was linked with you during the summer maybe

It will take a very brave man to succeed Alex.
The pressure will be huge and if one man can take it on the chin, it would certainly be Jose.

This won't be happening unless you guys get money to spend again.

He'll have a shock because he'll be working on an Everton sized budget by the time Ferguson retires.

I expect United to go downhill when Fergie leaves, I wonder how many glory supporters will stop supporting after he goes. I'd rather have a manager like Moyes than the big time like Mourinho... perhaps mourinho has a plan to take ronaldo with him back to united =D

Think it's a combination of us being skint, knowing that he'd have to match Rafa's CL win and the fact that a lot of the Kop would rather stop going than see him managing us.

I expect United to go downhill when Fergie leaves, I wonder how many glory supporters will stop supporting after he goes. I'd rather have a manager like Moyes than the big time like Mourinho... perhaps mourinho has a plan to take ronaldo with him back to united =D

seriously? what are your reasons for this then....

if fergie retires end of season (it has been suggested that he might) then jose will only say yes to us if real madrid have won the league becuase he wants to be the first man to win prem, serie a and la liga

if this ever did happen i think he would lose alot of respect from the Chelsea supporters. Yes he will stay a legend and proberly/hopefully Chelsea's 2nd most successfull manager but that will be it.

if this ever did happen i think he would lose alot of respect from the Chelsea supporters. Yes he will stay a legend and proberly/hopefully Chelsea's 2nd most successfull manager but that will be it.

Why? You guys completely shafted him up the rear end after a couple of bad results, despite him being your most successful manager of recent times. Despite this, he doesn't hold a grudge aginst you so why should you hold one against him?

do you honestly think he'll care?

Why? You guys completely shafted him up the rear end after a couple of bad results, despite him being your most successful manager of recent times. Despite this, he doesn't hold a grudge aginst you so why should you hold one against him?

It wasen't the Chelsea fans choice to get rid of Jose and im just speaking as a fan i would be bitterly dissapointed with him if he does ever go to Utd. Imagine Rafa Benitez going on to manage Man Utd or Chelsea one day how do you think pool fans would react.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

do you honestly think he'll care?

well he says he still treasures his relationship with the fans so he should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back