Mourinho "United would be hard to say no too"

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously? what are your reasons for this then....

Let's be honest Fergie is United, were were United before him? Certainly not where they are today, he will retire one day and if it is within the next 2 - 3 years it looks like he will be leaving a few week squad that even with Fergie isn't really achieving like it was 10 years ago, there are very few managers who can do what Fergie did, Jose isn't that type of manager, he needs money to bring in players which is something he won't get at United.

It wasen't the Chelsea fans choice to get rid of Jose.

It wasn't the diehard fans choice, but a half-empty stadium and repeated booing in the home match against Rosenborg certainly didn't help his situation.

Let's be honest Fergie is United, were were United before him? Certainly not where they are today, he will retire one day and if it is within the next 2 - 3 years it looks like he will be leaving a few week squad that even with Fergie isn't really achieving like it was 10 years ago, there are very few managers who can do what Fergie did, Jose isn't that type of manager, he needs money to bring in players which is something he won't get at United.

To be fair, he won the CL with Porto.

well he says he still treasures his relationship with the fans so he should.

If he 'treasures his relationship' with the fans then he wouldn't have said this, he wouldn't take the United job. If Rafa took a job at United, Chelsea, Arsenal or even City I'd be disappointed but I know he wouldn't because he genuinely does love Liverpool and would never think of doing that to the fans. Not that I am trying to start an argument purely comparing how compassionate each manager each to their club.

It wasn't the diehard fans choice, but a half-empty stadium and repeated booing in the home match against Rosenborg certainly didn't help his situation.

yer i understand that but i think it started way back before that, Jose didn't want Shevchenko but Roman signed him anyway. Roman stopped attending matches and i think there was no contact there at all. I mean now days im pretty sure most Chelsea fans are happy to have Carlo over Jose but i don't know of any fan that wanted the special one out.

i would love Jose Mourinho to replace sir alex ferguson when he retires :)

It wasen't the Chelsea fans choice to get rid of Jose and im just speaking as a fan i would be bitterly dissapointed with him if he does ever go to Utd. Imagine Rafa Benitez going on to manage Man Utd or Chelsea one day how do you think pool fans would react.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

well he says he still treasures his relationship with the fans so he should.

this is football, not hollywood... feelings etc mean very little in football and like the OP says, he also admires SAF and wants to follow in his footsteps

seriously? what are your reasons for this then....

Well I just feel that as stated previously "Fergie is united". Some players may leave because their bond with SAF was what made them stay at the club and the challenge of carrying on what he's done is huge. I can see united finishing 3rd or 4th for a few years after Fergie retires.

Also Mourinho is nomadic.. he'll be complaining for ages about wanting to be United manager and only stay for 2 or 3 seasons..

Last edited:
whoever takes united job after fergie is going get sacked lol fergie hasnt helped united with him stayin this long.

but we need a manager who will stay with the club like fergie did and can build good young players up jose wont he will win league or champions league and leave.

Mourinho is going to take charge of manchester United after he wins all the trophies with Real Madrid, then he will go to Manchester UNited, and finish his carrer coaching Portugal ;)

Mourinho will go on to train Portugal, I think he will finish at Setubal know
Meaning he's won the league in Portugal (Home Country), and the three biggest leagues, England, Italy and Spain ?, a champions league and uefa cup and a variety of domestic trophys and hopefully a world cup with Portugal :)

Fuckssakes, if Mourinho joins Manchester United, it would be like hiring Mancini. I have no clue why the Manchester United fans want this guy. His football is godawful and he is probably the most overrated manager to date. Get an Englishman, please. Too much of this Real Madrid nonsense going on in European football. ****, for Mourinho's wages you would be better off buying Ronaldo back.

Fuckssakes, if Mourinho joins Manchester United, it would be like hiring Mancini. I have no clue why the Manchester United fans want this guy. His football is godawful and he is probably the most overrated manager to date. Get an Englishman, please. Too much of this Real Madrid nonsense going on in European football. ****, for Mourinho's wages you would be better off buying Ronaldo back.

Mourinho is overrated ? For how long have you been asleep lad?

Last edited:
Most over rated manager to date, you know nothing about football my friend, did you see what he did with PORTO??? he won the UEFA cup and champions league, knocking out some amazing teams on the way, the only manager i would say is better than him it Ottmar Hitzfeld. If anyone is over rated, its Harry..............

Just for the record

Chelsea (2004–2007)
Internazionale (2008–2010)
The Treble (League, Cup and European trophy)

epic fail.

Jose has always said he would love to return to England so I won't be too surprised if he ends up at United. Out of the potential teams he could join I'd want him to be at United or Arsenal rather than Liverpool or City.

I won't hold any grudges if he does end up their, he's a legend and will remain that way to me.

No questioning he's a great manager but he'd want a big salary and transfer budget, would the Glazer's be willing to offer him this? I think Man Utd would be better off going for Mark Hughes or Moyes when SAF retires, they're both good young managers who wouldn't leave Man Utd for another job which I could see Murinho, he doesn't seem to stick around for much longer than 2/3 seasons.

No questioning he's a great manager but he'd want a big salary and transfer budget, would the Glazer's be willing to offer him this? I think Man Utd would be better off going for Mark Hughes or Moyes when SAF retires, they're both good young managers who wouldn't leave Man Utd for another job which I could see Murinho, he doesn't seem to stick around for much longer than 2/3 seasons.

of course not mate, would you if you won every single trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back