Where will Gharthouse - Strausen be in 5 years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daviddunn

Reaction score

RBK

Terje Svendesen, Chairman of Rosenborg of Norway, who currently three points ahead at the top of the table has shocked the footballing world, by sacking his current manager. Chairman Svendesen did not have much to comment on only having this too say;​

" It has been unfortunate in the way this as happenend, but due to a major disagreement i am reluctant to have to confirm Rosenborg have departed with there manager. He has done great things for this club, and hopfully will be successful elsewhere. However, it is in my great interest to keep this football team well known throughout the world and to enhance our reputation within European football. I have a good idea in who i want to take this club forward, and for too many of the fans and media alike, he is unknown, so please be patient and i want your full backing if i do decide to employ who have in mind"

Many of the fans are said to be angry with the Chairman, as their now ex-manager has created a club with great stature, and it is too be replaced with a relatively unknown manager with no professional experience.​

Founded in 1917, Rosenborg Ballklub are a professional Norwegian football club currently playing in the Premier Division. They play their home games at the Lerkendal and posess good traning and youth facilites. The club are known as RBK and have a fierce relationship with Molde FK. Rosenborg Ballklub are one of the most successful teams in Norway, having won a total of thirtyone competitions, and are currently leading the Premier Division after fifteen games, with Steffan Iversen being the top goalscorer with nine goals in twelve games. The clubs most valuable asset is attacking midfielder Marek Sapara. Rosenborg are currently in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, and hold a 0-3 away win against Maltese team Valetta.​

Last edited:
nice a norwegian story i like im definitely following

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definately following! Very interesting to me as I'm also managing a top team from a country in the backwaters of European football, Bohemian FC in Ireland.

Rosenborg_BK.gif

RBK

7th July 2009, is the date that could change Norwegian club, Rosenborg's history. Loyal Chairman has presented to the public, his new employee that he beleives will take the club to the next level. Heres what Svendesen had to say;​

"Ladies and Gentleman, i am very excited to have to the chance to introduce to our new manager, Philip Gharthouse - Strausen. Who? You may wonder, Philip has the highest determination, who has many footballing links which will benefit us as a club. It didn't take long for me to make my mind up after a short conversation on the phone. I would appreciate if we give Philip time to settle in and make peace with his new surroundings, and he will be attending a small press conference later on in the week."

With the news and shock that a unknown manager has been named Rosenborg BK manager, fans are said to be tense and frustrated, which could allow them to let their lead slip at the top of the table.​

This is the only information that has been gathered on Philip so far....​

Philip Gharthouse - Strausen 33 years of age, has been offered a deal which runs out in November 2010, in where he is earning £4,300 a week. Philip is off Norwegian descent being born in Lyn, but moved to England when he was 16. This is where he began his coaching career, studying Sports Science, and Football Coaching at Hartpury College, Gloucester. He borded alone, knowing very little English, but in the two years he became very popular and had started coaching and playing football for his local team Gloucester City. From the age of 18, Strausen continued to study Football on a degree course. He passed with first class honours and left the college with a very well known person. From the age of 26 Philip moved to Blackburn and became a community football coach for local schools and colleges. This is where his love began for Blackburn Rovers, and to this day, he is an avid supporter. At thirty Philip moved to Sweden and managed smaller teams in the lower divisions. He apparently saw the news of Rosenborg looking for a new manager, and applied immediatly, and to his surprise he has been given the job.​

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:00 PM ----------

brand.gif

RBK
Two days into the job, and new manager Gharthouse - Strausen is already finding it hard to take time out of his new job, to give an isght to the media and fans alike. Gharthouse, as he likes to be called for short, has introduced a new training regime for both senoir and youth players alike, aswell as signing nine scouts and four full time coaches.

Gharhouse held a small conference and these are the pick of the questions:

Interviewer 1; Many people believe that you are too young and inexperienced, too be in charge of a fotball club of this stature, and feel that you should be coaching the youth team or something of a similiar level, to introduce in how football is played over here. What do you have to say to these critics?

Gharthouse; Well sir, many people don't know this but i have been involved with football for 17 years from the age of 16. I have have coached many youngsters back in Britain and nurtured them into the professional environment. I know how the game works, and how it is too be played. I have studied the different styles that are involved in different countries. I wouldn't have taken the job if i didn't think i was capable of acheiving success.

Interviewer 2; Do you think you arriving could cause a negative efffect on the team with the performing so well under their ex-manager who left in difficult circumstances?, and also what are your plans with current players and staff, are they included in your plans?

Gharthouse; I partially agree that me being put in charge could cause a rift. But we are all professinals and should show are mental strength in why we are at the best club in Norway, and continue to please our fans. The lads need to perform well in the next match tommorrow to show me that want to play for this club, and to be honest, all of the lads have been putting in a 100% in training over the last two days. Secondly, as you can see i have brought in a number backroom staff, predomintly scouts, and this is where i can help take the club forawrd as well as building on the perfromances we set on the pitch. I am happy with the squad and staff.

Interviewer 3; Rumour has it you have bid for Slovenian striker Luka Majcen. Would it be fair to say this is true? And it has been reported that you have accepted a £5million offer from Lyon for your best player Sapara, how true is this?

Gharthouse; I'm not going to lie here, it is true, we are currently working with Interblock to complete a deal for Majcen, but that gossip about Sapara, he is going no where, i want to keep my best players to help drive this club forward.
633770717557539778_majcen_luka_27_090411_vp.jpg

Could Majcen be on his way to Norway?

RBK
Match day, the first professional game for new Rosenborg manager Philip Gharthouse - Strausen. He see's his side play agaisnt Maltese giants Valleta. Rosenborg hold a 3-0 away leg win and are comforatably expected to win this game.

Pre Match Interview;

Are you nervous for this match ahead? There is a large crowd expected and they are expecting a large win, are you confident your team can excell?

Gharthouse; Of course i am nervous, this is my first game in charge, and with a crowd of over 15,000 anyone would be. However, i am extremely confident of a win today and expect big performances form the lads.

Jordi Cryuff spearheads the Valetta attack today, are you confident in your defence in keeping a clean sheet?

Gharthouse; I have chosen my strongest team today, and i haven't tinkered with the formation as the team are used to and performing so well.
RBK Off to a flying start under Gharthouse!

Rosenborg BK 13 (16) - (0) 0 Valetta
Att. 16,699
Sapara 13, 42, 67
Annan 15, 37
Prica 22, 45, 47
Skjelbred 25, 63
Zahora 26
Iverson 51
Berbatovci 66
Rosenborg created there best dsiplay of the season by thrashing Valletta 13-0, 16-0 on aggregate. A cameo performance from Sapara which he scored a hattrick himself as well as assisting in five other goals, meant that larger European clubs were sure to be interested.

Rosenborg attacked from the start and Valletta were unable to handle them. It was 8-0 at half time, in which three new players were introduced. The large crowd were said to be very excited in how the team played and were relishing to see the home team in action again.
RosenborgCele_468x378.jpg

Another goal scored by RBK
Post Match Interview;

A fantastic win, did you expect this?

Gharthouse; I am not surprised with this victory, on paper it showed that were were the stronger team, and i think it prevailed.

With the league back in mind, you are currently top of the table with two games in hand, do you reckon you can win the league as well as compete in Europe with your strongest team?

Gharthouse; I am looking forward to the league, this will provide the biggest challenge for me and i want to shows the fans that they can trust me and maybe one day see me as their God!

In other news, Rosenborg Bk have been drawn agaisnt Bosnian team Sarajevo in the second qualifying round of the Europa Cup. Rosenborg's next game will pip them up away agaisnt Tromso in the Premier League. Transfer and squad news to follow in the coming days.​

16-0, **** me mate what a win., they have a good team, best of luck

Rosenborg_Ballklub-logo-66AE8F7F77-seeklogo.com.gif

RBK

With two days looming for new manager Gharthouse till his first away match, a quick low down on the team and transfer news. With 11 non-homegrown players in the squad already, it means that Gharthouse will have to sell before signing any foreign players.​

Transfer news and it is said that Luka Majcen has moved a step closer to a move to Norwegian outfit, where he is discussing personal terms. Moving out is Costa Rican defender Rory Miller. The rightback is in talks with a number of clubs over a move thought to be worth £70,000. Sparta Prague midfielder Juraj Kucka has stated that Rosenborg have been in touch with him over his availability.​

27.jpg

Kucka is said to be catching the eye of RBK​

Now onto the team squad of RBK. they boast one of the strongest teams in the league, and new manager Gharthouse is said to be pondering whether he should invest in new players to improve the squad, or wait to the off season.​

GK. R. Jarstein - 24, Good solid keeper, with 7 caps for Norway. Will be in rotation
GK. E. Johnsen - 29, Vice Captain, Experienced member of the sqaud and newly promoted to vice captain. Will be in rotation
GK. A, Hansen - 26, Backup keeper if my other two cannot play​

DR. R. Strand - 39, Oldest player, demoated from captain by Gharthouse, but still in first team plans.
DR. M. Lustig - 22, first choice rightback, Swedish internatiaonal and has a big potential
DL. M. Dorsin - 27, Swedish left back, good athelete, first choice left back.
DL. A. Traore - 20, Bright prospect from Burkina Faso, will have to compete to win a starting place.
DC. V. Demidov - 22, Tall strong centreback, High potential, starting centre back.
DC. A. Lago - 30, Spine of the team, experienced Uruguan defender, very atheletic and fist choice.
DC. K. Stadsgood - 23, strong Danish centreback with a good potential to become first choice when Lago calls time.
DC. S. Wangberg - 18, Brilliant prospect and will be difficult to hold on too.​

DM. A. Annan - 22, Strong midfielder, with good physical qualites and a vital part of the team as well as Ghana.
MC. A. Barbatovci - 20, Young midfielder who will be looking to get into the team, Dark horse
AML. T. Olsen - 24, Good winger, and experienced, may find it hard to break into the team.
AML. D. Zahora - 27, Hardworking Croat with a dertimened work ethic, in the team for his 'doggyness'
AMC. M. Sapara - 26, Best player in the team, will be difficiult to hold onto him
AMC. P. Skeljbred - 22, Best prospect in the team and has Sapara to tutuor him, will be difficult to hold onto​

FWD. S.Iversen - 32, Experienced forward, and top goalscore for the season so far.
FWD. R. Prica - 29, High quality Swedish forward, real poacher adnd looking to get amongst the goals.
FWD. K. Sellin - 20 Backup striker with a good potential.​

So with a small squad, Gharthouse is considereing whether to improve his squad or not. Rosenborg are currently top of the table with 32 points after fifteen games, with two games in hand.​

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Rosenborg_BK.gif

RBK robbed

Rosenborg start their league adventure today agaisnt Tromso, who are 7th in the table currently unbeaten in 12 matches. They have already beaten Rosenborg this season back at the Lerkendal, and Rosenborg are looking for revenge.​

Tromso 1 - 1 Rosenborg BK
Att. 5578
Rushfeldt pen 68 Prica 14

Rosenborg performed well in terrible conditions and were unlucky not to come away with three points today. A fine team move which was converted by Swedish striker Prica in the 14th minute put RBK ahead. Although the away team contiued to dominate they failed to gain a larger advantage on the home team.
Rosenborg were made to pay in the second half when Berbatovci was to ha judged to bring Rushfeldt in the area, but it has been seen on video footage that the Tromso striker tripped over his own feet. Rushfeldt slotted the penalty to level the game ending it a point a piece.​

503x.jpg

Prica celebrating​

Post Match Interview;

What are your thoughts on that penalty today?

Gharhouse; Of i'm diapointed with that decision because it has cost us two points, which would see us on top of the league still, however, i'm not one to moan as everybody makes mistakes, just hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us.

The fans are disapointed with the draw, are you?

Gharthouse; I'm not disapointed with the team, they have come away from home and performed well and were lucky not to get the win. It obvious the fans will be disapointed with the team, we won 13-0 a couple of days back, and now we have a bore draw, but we will battle on.

Rosenborg now lie second in the league with 33 points, a point behind Brann with two games in hand.​

RBK bring in the goods and draw Pegeia

Rosenborg have today confirmed that they are to sign prospectful striker Luka Majcen for a fee of £400,000 and also young startlet Thomas Drage for £3,000. The striker Majcen is currently top scorer at Interblock and is part of the national U21 team. Drage is only 17 and is said to have a bright future ahead of him. Both Players will join on August 1st 2009.
In other news, Rory Miller has agreed to join Roda JC on a free transfer after being told he has no future at the Norwegian club. Lastly, Deportivo have been thought to offer Rosenborg £1million for attacking midfielder Trend Olsen. Rosenborg are thought to be considering the offer.​

126199_351X180.jpg

Olsen could be on his travels to Spain​

5 Star Rosenborg

Rosenborg travelled to Bosnia to play their domestic Champions Sarajevo. Rosenborg travelled with a strong squad and were expected to easily win the match in front of the Bosnian home supporters.​

Sarajevo 1 - 5 Rosenborg BK
Att. 8802
Maksumic 45+2 Zahora 14, 29
Prica 42
Annan 45
Sapara 75

Rosenborg never looked like losing today as they dominated from start to finish. Zahora twice broke the offside trap to slot home, then for Prica to score in his third consectitive match. Annan scored a powerful effort just before half time. Sarajevo managed to score a consolation in injury time from a corner. Sapara finished off the rout in the second half by curiling a powerful past the helpless keeper.

The third round draw has been made for the Europa League, and either Rosenborg or Sarajevo will play Cypriut team Pegeia in the last qualifying round to reach the first round. In other news, Branna edged further ahead in the league by moving 4 points clear of Rosenborg, howver, it means that RBK have three games in hand to pull back that 4 point gap.​

Zahora breaks through​

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

RBK in good display

Rosenborg travelled away too Viking today, as they were hopeful to keep up their good form and keep it up with a win. Rosenborg travelled with a team not at full strength with Annan out through suspension along with Demidov and Strand missed out through injury.​

Viking 0 - 1 Rosenborg BK
Att. 15,388
Prica 53

Rosenborg dominated from first to last, and really should have won it by a couple more goals. Viking were lucky not to score with their only chance wihtin the first five minutes, but the crossbar came to Rosenborgs saviour. From then on, It was all Rosenborg, and Prica made the breakthrough, as he contiued his great goal scoring form. The match was played out and Rosenborg managed to hold on to record an away victory and 3 points.

Rosenborg continue to stay in second place, but have three games in hand. Fans are confident they can pull back the lead and take command of the league again.​

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

brand.gif

RBK Sail through

Sarajevo travelled from Bosnia to Norway, for the return leg of the 2nd qualifying round for the Europa Cup. Already 5-1 down on aggregate it seemed an impossible task, and with the Rosenborg fans expecting victory, it wasn't going to be an easy task.​

Rosenborg 4 (9) - (1) 0 Sarajevo
Att. 18,154
Iverson 20
Prica 31
Zahora 41
Dorsin47

With the home support anticipating an easy victory, Sarajevo in all fairness put up a strong fight. It took twenty minutes to break the deadlock, with Iverson cooly slotting the ball home. Then Prica raced through to slide the ball past the Bosnian keeper. Great team work ensured Zahora also got on the scoresheet. To finish things off Dorsin scored a cracker of a goal. The game fizzed out after the fourth goal was scored, and both teams forgot that they were playing and sloppy errors started to creep in.

mikael_dorsin_34242e.jpg

Dorsin after scroing a belter of a goal​

Sunderland swoop
Sunderland have signed Rosenborg attacking midfielder Trend Olsen for a fee of £1milion. 30% Of that share will go to old club Tromso due to a clasue in his contract. Olsen is said to have welcomed the move and have the chance to play for such a well supported club.​

RBK Back to the top
Rosenborg climbed back to the top of the table, even though they have two games in hand. Their opposition was bottom of the table Valerenga, who shoudl be competeing for the title, not to stay in the division.​

Rosenborg 2 - 1 Valerenga
Att. 20,836
Dorsin 17 Abdelloue 65
Skjelbred 51

Rosenborg's first home league game for new manager Gharthouse meant that a large crown packed out the home stadium. With a easy win expected, it was not the case, with RBK being pushed all the way. Dorsin scored another belter of a goal, this time from 35 yards out. Valeranga were unfortunate to go in behind, as they hit the post on two occasions. However, it was Rosenborg to have the last laugh, and Skjelbred scored a good attacking header of a flowing team move. Valerenga did manage to pull one goal back but it was not enough.​

Post Match Interview;

This win see's you back of the table, do you think you can maintain your form and stay their till the end of the season?

Gharthouse; It was a brilliant win today, i thought the guys showed real passion and fight, and they should go home pleased knowing that the have perfprmed very well ove the last couple of weeks. We are top again now, and this is how i intend it to stay.

Your strong central defender Stadsgood, has become disolusioned at the club since your arrival, what are your plans with him?​

Gharthouse; He has made it clear too me, and we have agreed that if the right offer comes along, then i will not be so resistant in letting him go. We have a lot of respect for eachother, and i think to maintian a good relationship, we should be happy in the way we deal with this.

Rosenborg are currently top with 39 points from 18 games, two points ahead of Brann with 37 points from 20 games. In other news, Rosenborg have announced a new affiliation link with Icelandic Premier League team HK.​

RBK Rake the money in
Centre back Stadsgood has been sold to Bolton for a fee of £3.4million. Fans are said to be unhappy with the sale of one of their best players, but coaching staff and players alike are happy, as they feel he was upsetting the dressing room. Stadsgood is said to have been happy to get away from Norway, the main reason being he did not get along well with new manager Gharthouse.​

Gharthouse has announced that another three players will be joining in August. These players are experienced midfielder Winsnes, who has 33 caps to his name, Swedish Goalkeeper Orlund who can act as very good backup, and lastly strong centre midfielder Gauseth. All three players have been signed for free as they had reached the end of their contracts.​

Rumour has it that Gharhouse had made a offer for Juraj Kucka and Norwegian left back Flo, who is said to have a very bright future ahead of him.​
winsnes.jpg

Winsnes is joining the team soon​

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:30 PM ----------

RBK Romp to victory
Rosenborg were at home today as they played Cypriat outfit Pegeia. This is the last qualifying round before the competition starts for real, and there is large expectations that the RBK boys can overcome their opponents and record a victory.​

Rosenborg 5 - 1 Pegeia
Att 15,388
Prica 6, 47 Zinko 4
Dorsin 15
Skjelbred 32
Iverson 34

Rosenborg were given a slight scare in the first five minutes when Pegeia scored from a corner. It silenced the crowd, but only seemed to spur on the home side, who sruck back immediatley, with a fine strike coming from Prica. Dorsin then buried one of his trademark scorchers from distance to give the home side and advantage. Skjelbred then added a special goal of his own which was hit from 35 yards. Iverson then tapped in the fourth to put the game beyond doubt. Prica added his second soon after the brake and the home team managed to play out the rest of the game with ease.

RBK Awards and Transfers

Rosenborg manager, Philip Gharthouse - Strausen has won his first award of his career in football manager and has been awarded manager of the month. His side curently sit on top of the league with a couple of games in hand. Left Back Dorsin also picked up an award, for goal of the month.​

Gharhouse on his award; I'd like to thank the player, staff and board which have allowed me to win this award, i can't take all the praise, i will share it with my players and staff, and hopefully we will win many more.

With RBK manager winning the award, it took the limelight of the new players he has signed, in total spending £4.3million. Majcen signed from Interblock, and fans are said to be happy a real in and out striker has joined the club. Thomas Drage also joins the club and is drafted in to the youth team. Fans are said to be delighted with the new signing of hot prospect Per Egil Flo, the twenty year old left back, who can also play on the wing, is said to have a very bright future ahead of him, and at £300k, he has come at a very cheap price. Now onto the more heavy signings, Rosenborg have pulled out £1.8million each for Sparta Prague's Slovakian midfielder Juraj Kucka, and also Norwegian defender Morten Skjonsberg. Both players are relishing the fact for playing for such a illustrious club and will strive to help their new team acheive success.​

Gharthouse on his players; I'm very happy to announce the new set of players joining today, they are well known across the continent, and i think we are sending out a message that we mean the business. Majcen is a quality player who will only improve. I am lucky to get him at such a small price. The same goes for Drage who has a great future ahead of him. Flo i believe has the brightest potential and wil be first choice left back in the years to come for club and country. My two biggest signings are Kucka, who i think is one of the most underated midfielders in Europe, and we are very lucky to have him. My last signing was perhaps, the biggest surprise to me. Stabeak's most valuable player, and Norway's centre back has joined us, this only adds quality to the team, and he will help us achive success.

skjonsberg_141063e.jpg

New signing Skjonsberg

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

RBK Dream Debut

Rosengborg travelled away to Start to contest for another three points in the Premier Division. With Rosenborg currently undefeated under new manager Gharthouse, it will surely be a tough fixture for the home team.​

Start 1 - 2 Rosenborg
Att. 8807
Fevang pen 41 Majcen 3, 17

Rosenborg got off to the greatest of starts, and it was man of the moment, on his debut, Luka Majcen to score his first goal for the club, and the first of the afternoon. He tapped in a cross from Dario Zahora. Majcen was in for his second, and to the fans delight. A real poachers goal, he beat the keeper to a loose ball and tapped in. Start were allowed back into the game from a dodgey penalty decision, which was scored. The second half there were no real surprises, except for Kucka and Flo coming on to make their debuts with Skjonsberg putting a strong performance for the whole game.​

633856615577071333_slovenijabosna076%20_20090811_sp.jpg

Majcen celebrating with the team​

RBK Internationals

Rosenborg have been heavily affected by the international break with sixteen players being called up for action. It shows the reals strength that the team has, in that it can field as many internationals.
Norway U19's - Schimtz, Henrikessen, Drage
Slovenia U21's - Majcen
Norway U21's - Wangberg
Sweden - Prica, Lustig
Slovakia - Sapara, Kucka
Ghana - Annan
Burkina Faso - Traore
Norway - Demidov, Johnsen, Iverson, Skjelbred, Jarstein​

In other news, Rosenborg or Pegeia have been drawn agaisnt Irish counterparts Crusaders in the 4th qualifying round of the Europa Cup​

RBK Pull Through

Rosenborg travelled to Cyprus for the away leg of their thrid qualifying round cup tie agaisnt Pegeia. There was a small travelling support who were enjoying the sun and wanting a win to celebrate.​

Pegeia 0 (1) - ( 6) 1 Rosenborg
Att. 2258
Zahora 58

Rosenborg started the game with a weakened squad knowing that it would take something special to score four goals against them without conceding. Pegeia put in a good effort, but were left to rue their missed chances and Zahora scored meaning there was no way back. It finished one nil but in truth it was a boring game

So Rosenborg are through to the last qualifying round and will face Crusaders.​

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

brand.gif

RBK In Hold Arch Rivals
In a match where more than 3 points were at stake, both Rosenborg and their arch rivals, Molde were playing for bragging rights. With Rosenborg currently sitting comfortable at the top, and with Molde, catching up close behind in second, it was sure to be a superb match.
Rosenborg 1 - 0 Molde
Att. 20,620
Prica 57
In a match where all was at stake, it seemed as though both sets of teams were as fired up as eachother. In a game were 12 yellow cards were issued, it was certainly not one for thelight hearted. Rosenborg started the match in brilliant form bombarding the Molde box for the first 25 minutes, but to no prevail. Molde managed to claw themselves back into the game, but by the time they had ammounted any pressure, the game was blown up for half time. Second half Rosenborg started in how they started the first one, and this time there hardwork paid off, with Prica firing in a volley from the edge of the box, sending the home support crazy. Molde pushed on a goal to level late on, with new signing Flo clearing off the line in the 92nd minute, the home team managed to hold on, gaining bragging rights as well as 3 points.
0,1020,983359,00.jpg

The home support are happy​

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:56 PM ----------

RBK Sink the Crusaders
Rosenborg travelled to Belfast, in where they were welcomed by a hostile crowd. Knowing that with 180 miutes of game time, they could be through to the Europa Cup group stages, the away team travelled with every intent to win the match.
Crusaders 0 - 3 Rosenborg
Att. 700
Prica 1, 25
Iverson 8
Prica gave Rosenborg the dream start, and scored with only 13 seconds on the clock, the fastest goal of the tournement so far this season. Rosenborg continued with the pressure and Iverson struck a low shot into the net. Halfway through the first half Prica made sure of the win tapping the ball home from a corner. Rosenborg controlled the rest of the match but failed to score.
RBK Dish out a thrashing
Rosenborg played at home today in the league against midtable Aalesund. Rosenborg were expected to field their strongest team, and were expected to severely punish the visitors.
Rosenborg 4 - 0 Aalesund
Att. 18,313
Prica 3
Sapara 10
Lago 65
Majcen 90
As he did in the previous match, Prica got the home team into a great position after slotting the ball home after three minutes. Sapara then followed that up with a fine solo effort. Aalesund failed to get into the game as Rosenborg were too good a match for their players. Lago then added to the lead by scoring a header from a corner. Lastly, Majcen managed to get in on the act by scoring a belter from 30 yards out.
marek_sapara_43212d.jpg

Sapara celebrates​

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

brand.gif

RBK Handed Tough Group
Belfast team Crusaders travelled to Rosenborg for the away leg, in which they were already three nil down. Rosenborg were looking for another heavy home defeat of their opponents, and the fans were expectant too.
Rosenborg 2 (5) - (1) 1 Crusaders
Att. 15,732
Skjelbred 5 Dickinson 47
Iverson 38
Crusaders played out of their skins, and earnt a respectable round of applause by their opposing fans, as they narrowly lost 2-1 on the day. Although, there was a weak team fielded, Rosenborg were quick to get off the blocks, but Crusaders made it diffcult to attack through their well trained team. Iverson got the home team's second. Crusaders scored a goal which they deserved from their hard work. Rosenborg held on for the 2-1 win.

The Europa League group draw was made today, with Rosenborg facing stern opposition. The group as follows:

Nacional De Madeira (POR)
Partizan (SER)
Rosenborg (NOR)
Steaua Bucharest (ROM)

Rosenborg will face Romanian team Steaua at home in the first match. In other news, New manager Philip Gharthouse - Strausen set a new record in recording eleven straight wins, as well as being unbeaten in his first thirteen matches.
200px-Steaua_north.JPG

Rosenborg will face a hostile crowds whilst travelling to Serbia and Bucharest​

Last edited:
Good read, very nice layout.
Could do with a league table every once in a while, but that is about the only thing I would add.

RBK Lucky Not To Lose

Rosenborg travelled Bode/Glimit with expectation of yet another win. The home travelled with their strongest team possible, knowing that was going to be a 17 day wait till there next match.​

Bolde/Glimit 0 - 1 Rosenborg
Att. 5578
Rosenborg were very lucky to come away with three points today, in many people's views, they shouldn't of even drew. This must shows signs of a great team if they still manage to pull victories out under such pressure. Bode/Glimit attacked throughout the whole match, and had a penalty saved by the impressive Johnsen of Rosenborg. Rosenborg looked like they had accepted they were going to get a point, that was until Prica broke through the defence and slotted home to break the home suppors hearts.

Rosenborg now lead the league by four points, but still have three games in hand, in which they could stretch the lead to thirteen points.​

RBK Internationals

Rosenborg have had a total of fifteen players called up to play their national teams respectively. This is one less than the past international break, which means Gharhthouse still has many players to worry about becoming injured.​

Norway U19 - Drage, Henriksen
Norway U21 - Wangberg, Berbatovci
Slovenia U21 - Majcen
Ghana - Annan
Burkino Faso - Traore
Slovakia - Sapara, Kucka
Sweden - Prica
Norway - Demidov, Skjonsberg, Skjelbred, Johnsen, Jartstein​

RBK Show Spirit

It's the match the home team and support have been waiting for, the kick off of the Europa League. Rosenborg entertain strong Romanian team Steaua Bucharest. With Steaua favouraites for the win, the home team would have to be on best form.​

Rosenborg 2 - 1 Steaua Bucharest
Att. 20,984
Prica 51 Kapetonis 1
Iversen 71

With a sellout crowd, Rosenborg were under heavy pressure to record a home win which would put them on the front foot for the other games they face. To add to their worries, Rosenborg fielded a weakened team due to suspensions and inegibility to play, meant that only four subsitutes could be placed on the team sheet. Steaua got off to the best possible start scoring in the first minute through there lone striker. Rosenborg immediatley had a mountain to climb. To make matters worse, centre back Lago was injured off with badly bruised ribs. Dorsin was made to play out of position at centre back. Second and Rosenborg played with more enthuseism and were rewarded through Prica, scoring his 23rd of the season. Rosenborg injury crisis when onther centre back was made to leave the pitch with a messy gash to his forehead. 39 year old veteran Strand filled in at centre back. Great team spirit and with help from the fans spurred the teamon, and Iversen found the net with a loevely strike. 2-1, the boys had did it, and they managed to hold on for the three points.

150px-Steffen_Iversen.jpg

Iversen can't beleive he scored the winner​

The other fixture saw Madeira run out 3-1 winners agaisnt Partizan and leaves the group like this.​

Nacional De Madeira 3 +2
Rosenborg 3 +1
Steaua 0 -1
Partizan 0 -2

RBK Awarded

Rosenborg manager Philip Gharthouse - Strausen has been awarded with manager of the month for the second month running. He is still unbeaten as manager and is leading his team towards the Norwegian Premier Division and they are going strong in the Europa League.​

RBK Mellowed

Rosenborg were at home to play lowly placed Fredrikstad in the league. Rosenborg were on the back of a fourteen game winning streak and were looking to add another victory.​

Rosenborg 1 - 2 Fredrikstad
Att. 18,798
Kucka 10 Johannsson 16
Everton 25

Rosneborg fielded a full strength team, and were looking to win this game. Kucka got the home team off to a great start by shooting home a free kick. This was Kucka's first goal for his new club. The goal seemed to spur Fredrikstad on and they immediatley attactked. The away team got the equaliser through a corner. Fredrikstad didn't pull off the pressure and scored another through there Brazilian striker. It shocked the home support and they had no answer to the two goals agaisnt them. Fredrikstad managed to hang on for a famous win.

0.jpg

The away team celebrate ther famous win​

RBK Slump

Rosenbrog travelled to bottom of the table Stromsgodset. Rosenborg have not made any changes to the team that lost at home to Fredrikstad, with coach Gharthouse expecting big performances to get their winning ways on track.​

Stromsgodset 1 - 1 Rosenborg
Att. 5698
Nystrom 48 Prica 36

Rosenborg started strongly but were unable to take full advantage of their chances. However, after a boring first 35 minutes, Prica broke through the offside trap to slot home and out the away team ahead. Rosenborg continued to attack but failed to get a second. Rosenborg were made to pay when they conceded from yet another set piece. The goal sent the home fans crazy and this seemed to lift the team, and they managed to hold onto a valuable point.

RBK Punish Lillestrom

Rosenborg were back at home, and are playing there third league game in the space of a week. With the home fans wanting a home win, the RBK boys would have to be ontop of their game.​

Rosenborg 2 - 1 Lillestrom
Att. 20,356
Majcen 46 Eziyodawe 3
Flo 72

The home team got off to the worst possibe start when Eziyodawe scored from a corner. Rosenborg really need to work on defending there set peices. However, it was only a matter of time till the home team scored, as they poured the presseure on. It was until the second half when Majcen scored. Rosenborg contiued to attack and went ahead with young fullback Flo scoring his first goal for the team. Zahora had his penalty saved in the last five minutes which should have put the icing on the cake. So, Rosenborg were back to their winning ways.

Rosenborg lye in second place, a point behind Brann with three games in hand.

Last edited:
Loving this layout, nice and easy to read. KIU!

RBK Battle On

Rosenborg travelled to Belgrade today, in where they faced a tough match agaisnt Serbian heavyweights Partizan. Both teams need the points, in order to progress to the future rounds of the cup.​

Partizan 1- 2 Rosenborg
Att. 14,736
Bogunovic 73 Prica 63
Sapara 86

Rosenborg started the game strongly with numerous shots on goal, but they failed to take their chances ending the half goaless. The second half was marred by two important injuries for Rosenborg, which see's Zahora and Lago out for a long amount of time. Subsitute Flo made the difference with a dazzling run which he fed Prica through to score the first. Partizan hit back with a goal of their own, but Rosenborg deserved the win and got the goal which see's them get the vital away win.

RTR1OS3R.jpg

Partizan'a hostile crowd made it hard for Rosenborg​

In the other game of the group, Madeira drew 0-0 with Steaua and leave the group like this.​

Rosenborg +2 6
Maderia +2 4
Steaua - 1 1
Partizan - 3 0​

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

RBK Internationals

Rosenborg have had 16 players called up for international duty this week. Manager Gharthouse is said to be very upset with the Norwegian F.A in ordering the club to play two league games this week with no first team players available.​

Norway U19 - Drage, Henriksen, Schmitz, Wangberg
Norway U21 - Berbatovci
Slovenia U21 - Majcen
Ghana - Annan
Burkino Faso - Traore
Slovakia - Sapara, Kucka
Sweden - Lustig
Norway - Demidov, Skjonsberg, Skjelbred, Johnsen, Iverson​

RBK Angry
Rosenborg travel to Sandelfjord today, with no first team players available. Fans, Staff and media are said to be heavily critiscising the Norwegian F.A.​

Sandefjord 2 - 0 Rosenborg
Att.7,934
Lamoy 80
Nystuen 89

Rosenborg started this game with only two first team players, and this was young full back Flo, who has been placed in an attacking midfield posistion and goalkeeper Jarstein. Rosenborg played very well, with the players that were fielded, and held strong. This was until the last ten miniutes when the home team capitalised their advantage with two well worked goals.

Gharthouse refused to attend a post match conference in protest that his team were made too play with such a weakened team.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

RBK Back On Top
Rosenborg travelled away to Lyn with a much stronger team as Gharhouse has recalled the majority of players from their international teams.
Lyn 0 - 1 Rosenborg
Att. 5545
Majcen 32
Rosenborg fielded a strong team today, knowing that if they win, they only need three points from there last three games to win the league. The away team started strongly, only to have Kucka sent off for a rash two-footed challenge. This however seemed to spur on the away team, and Majcen slotted the ball home to give the team down to 10 men the lead. By scoring this goal Majcen injured himself which see's him out for two months. The away team managed to hold onto the win and they got the three points they needed, knowing that a home win agaisnt Odd will see them win the league.

Rosenborg now have four players injured long term and two central midfielders Annan and Kucka suspended for the next two games each.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

RBK Battle Hard

Rosenborg face Madeira at home today in the Europa League. With both teams currently leading the table, it is sure to set the kids from the boys.
Rosenborg 2 - 1 Nacional De Madeira
Att. 20,169
Prica 5, 42 Mateus 49
Rosneborg got off to the worst possible start went influential midfielder was sent off in the third minute for mis-use of the elbow. This didn't seem to stop Rosenborg from attacking and they scored through their hitman Prica. It sent the fans esctatic and seemed to spur the home team on, and it was again Prica who punished the Portoguese team to make it 2-0 even though they were a man down. Second half and Mateus socred for the away team. It was a shakey second half but Rosenborg held on for a famous win.

Steaua drew with Partizan so the group stays the same.
RBK Sign Striker

Austrian international striker Roman Kienast has signed for the Norwegian supremo's and will join in January. The austrian who currently plays for Ham Kam has been in good form scoring 14 goals in 18 games. Many fans approve of the signing as they lack depth in that division of the squad.
222095.jpg

Keinast is joining

RBK Fail To Win The League At Home
Rosenborg have the chance to win the league today infront of their home fans with a win agaisnt midtable team Odd. Rosenborg are struggling to field a ful strength team but surely they will be able to win.
Rosenborg 2 - 2 Odd
Att.19,997
Prica 18, 61 Kovacs 42
Borvon 81
The home team got off to a good start and Prica put them ahead with a header from a corner. However, Kovacs of Odd had the last laugh of the game as he scored a equaliser. Prica then put the home team back in the league through a penalty, which saw Odd reduced to 10 men. However, to everyones surprise, they got another equaliser and managed to hold on much to the disapointment of the fans and players of RBK, as it meant they would hav to wait another week before they can win the league.

Great layout and loving the story keep it up! U should throw in a league table every so often though!

brand.gif

RBK Fail To Make Chances Pay

Rosenborg travelled to Stabaek today, knowing that three points will guarantee them vicotry. With only a half strength team available for Rosenborg, they will need to play with real passion in order to salvage a result against a strong home team​

Stabaek 2 -1 Rosenborg
Att. 13,277
Hoff 37 Sapara 54
Aase 85

Rosenborg got off to a slow start with Stabaek showing the away team that they set out to win. They got themselves ahead through striker Hoff, Rosenborg had no reply and went into the break a goal down. The away team came out with more intent in the second half and got a equaliser with Sapara. Heartbreak for Rosenborg in the dying minutes as Stabaek took the lead through a corner. The game finished 2-1 and it leaves Rosenborg with it all to do to win the league. Incedentially, their last game of the season see's Stabaek travel to play Rosenborg.

RBK End On A High

With results going Rosenborgs way in midweek, all they needed is a point at home to win the league. With only a half strength team available, RBK are depending on the fans to become the twelth man.​

Rosenborg 3 - 1 Stabaek
Att.20,327
Skjelbred 5, 70 Demidov o.g 48
Sellin 50

Rosenborg were today crowned as champions of the Norwegian Premier Division. Many people say relatively unknown manager Philip Gharthouse Strausen has masterminded them to success and brought the fans glory. They got off to a great start with brilliant attacking midifielder Skjelbred breaking throught and scoring. Rosenborg continued to dominate and went in at half time leading. The second half and Stabaek gained a rare corner, and yet again the home team conceded. Sellin got his team back ahead though, much to his delight in scoring his first goal of his boyhood club. Rosenborg continued to dominate and Skjelbred killed the game off with a free kick. So, Rosenborg have won the league yet again, and hopefully the first of many under Gharthouse's guidence.

041030_gull3.jpg

RBK Celebrate!​

Post Match Interview;

You must be thrilled Philip?​

Gharthouse: Yes I am! I'm very happy, happy for my players, happy for my fans, happy for the board and the chairman in giving me the chance.

There are rumours that Preston North End are in contact about their vacent managers job, what can you say on this?​

Gharhthouse: These reports are very untrue, i have only been here a matter of months, i haven't even managed twenty games as of yet, and i feel i have alot to do here.

Do you think you can improve on this?​

Gharthouse: Yes of course, we have a few players joining us in January, and i will still look to add to stregnthan the team in depth. We are performing well in Europe, and i want to acheive success at this club, helping the name Rosenborg, higher its reputation across Europe and the world.

Heres the league table for all you

brand.gif

RBK Attract Interest​

RBK travelled to Portugal today to face Madeira in the Europa League. Having only been days from winning the Premier Division, Rosenborg are sure to be on a high.​

Nacional De Madeira 0 - 4 Rosenborg
Att. 2948
Prica 24
Berbatovci 42
Lustig 73
Sellin 82

Rosenborg are making a name for themselves, and by the end of this week, they are attracting interest from around Europe that they may be the darkhorses of the tournement. Amd by this result, more and more people are jumping on the bandwagon and admiring Gharthouse's work. Prica started the scoring today by lobbing Madeira's keeper. Then Berbatovci scored a bombshell of a goal from 40 yards out. Lustig then added a special goal of his own. a volley from 30 yards, and lastly Sellin dispossesed Madeira's keeper and scored into an empty net.

Steaua recored a victory today agaisnt Partizan and move second in the table with 5 points. Madeira have 4 and Partizan with one point. Rosenborg are unbeaten and lead the group with four wins from four with 12 points.​

Rosenborg have been performing above all expectations this season, and already find themselves automatically qualified for the knockout stages. The RBK bored have shown their delight and are thrilled by Gharthouse's running of the team.​

RBK Awards

Rosenborg today were handed out with three awards, two for their players and one for their manager. Rade Prica won Swedish Striker of the year, pipping Ibrahimovic. The twentynine year old has socred 30 in 39. Prica also came third overall in Swedish player of the year. Young defender Lustig also was awarded second best defender of the year for Swedish players. The most important award went to rookie manager Philip Gharthouse - Strausen as he was awarded Norwegian Manager of the year.​

img650x367.jpg

Prica celebrates his awards with the press​

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

brand.gif

RBK Enjoy Eastern Europe

Rosenborg had a tough away trip to Bucharest today, knowing that they had already qualified, the away team fielded the strongest side available.​

Steaua 1 - 3 Rosenborg
Att. 15,678
Onicas 68 Zahora 25, 35
Skjelbred 73

Rosenborg's Dario Zahora returned from injury after a long lay off, and started upfront. And he was the man who got the ball rolling by scoring the first goal of the game. Rosenborg continued to dominate and Zahora again punished the home team. Midway through the second Steaua upped the anti and pulled a goal back through Onicas. This was not long lived as Skjelbred finished the game off by shooting from range and scoring. The last 10 minutes were one's to forget for Steaua as they had three players sent off each for picking up two yellow cards. Rosenborg's fifth straight win, see's them have the best record in Europe this season and are also the topscorers with 51 goals.

RBK Drop 100% Record

Rosenborg's fans travelled in quantity today to view there last home game of the season. Their opponents are Partizan who still have a chnace to qualify if they can beat the RBK

Rosenborg 2 - 2 Partizan
Att. 20,343
Annan 9 Petrovic 7
Skjelbred 15 Djordjovic 51

Partizan got off to a great start by scoring through a corner. However, Annan levelled for the home side and sent the fans into raptures. With the home side pumped after the first goal, Skjelbred then added another. Things looked to be going Rosenborgs way, but Partizan quietened the crowd as they levelled. Rosenborg were unable to push for the winner, adn for the first time, failed to win a European match.

040928_lerkendal.jpg

Will the Lerkendal see success next year?

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

brand.gif

RBK Awards

More awards have been awarded to the RBK players today, as young midfielder Berbatovci came runner up in young midfielder of the year, where young striker Majcen came third in young Slovenian player of the year. Majcen also won goal of the season, in where he scored a brilliant curling shot from the edge of the area against Aalesund.​

Important news and Rosenbor have been drawn against strong Spanish team Sevilla. The first leg will be played in Spain with the return in Norway. Fans are said to be optimistic and are welcoming the team against such strong opposition.
450_Albert_Berbatovci__a_52589a.jpg

Berbatovci in action​

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

brand.gif

New Season, New Signings

The season starts in two months from now, and with upcoming back to back games against Sevilla. Also RBK All Stars cup had been set up which see's current Austrian League leaders Austria Wien, Lithuaian Champions Vetra and Mexican side Halcones compete for the cup with Rosenborg at the Lerkendal Stadium. RBK's first games see's them travel to Odd and Tromso and there first home game is against newly promoted Haugsund.​

Transfer news and there has been alot of it at Rosenborg. Major transfers out have seen Gharthouse recieve £8.6 million, and spend £5.75 million of his own. Out went strong midfielder Annan for £6.5 million to CSKA Moscow. The midfielder was said to be happy to move a bigger club and begin a new chapter in his career. Another midfielder left, and this was Traore. He moved to Auxxerre for £1.1 million. Last to leave was central defender Lago for £1 million who moved to Zenit.​

Gharthouse has purchased nine players so far, and is unlikley to add to his squad. With the talent and depth in the team now, many people around Norway are saying the League is theirs to lose. Free signings Keinast, Winsnes, Orlund and Gauseth all joined on long term contracts which had been negioated last year, with fans escpecially happy with the signing of strong central midfielder Gauseth.​

anthony%20annan.jpg

Annan leaves​

Fredrikstad's utility defender Askar was signed for backup and is happy to join the new champions. Gharthouse then swooped for two strong defensive midfielders in the names of Ricardo Faty, for £750k from Roma. Russian midfielder Victor Boudianski signed from Udinese for £450k. Fans are said to be eager to see the two players in action. Arguably the two biggest signings, were Norwegian International defenders Hogli who can play righback or centre back and signed for £2.4million from Tromso and leftback, centreback Johnses for £2million.​

Norway+v+Scotland+FIFA2010+World+Cup+Qualifier+ViRb-hqU6EAl.jpg

Hogli Joins​

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

brand.gif

RBK Keep Their Man

Rosenborg manager Philip Gharthouse - Strausen has signed a new 2 year deal, which pleases many fans. Players are said to be happy that the club are managing to keep the potential that they have in Gharthouse.​

Gharthouse: I am delighted that again this club has offered me the chance to fufill my potential and that I have another two years to carry the club forward.
I've been working hard over the past month and the transfers i've brought look to be the part, so hopefully we will again be victorius this season.

Here's the squad for this season:​

GK. Johnsen (nor) VC, Orlund (swe), Jarstein (nor)
DR. Hogli (nor), Lustig (swe), Strandc(nor)
DL. Dorsin (swe) C, Johnsen (nor), Flo (nor), Askar (nor)
DC. Demidov (nor), Wangberg (nor), Skjonsberg (nor)
DMC. Faty (fra), Boudianski (rus), Winsnes (nor)
MC. Gauseth (nor), Kucka (slo), Berbatovci (nor)
AMC. Sapara (slo), Skjelbred (nor), Zahora (cro), Iversen (nor), Prica (swe)
FC. Keinast (aus), Majcen (slo), Sellin (nor)​

lag2009.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

brand.gif

RBK Fall At Last Hurdle

Rosenborg travelled to Spain today as they were to encounter a match they are expected to lose heavily too. With no competitive football having been played in two months, surely Rosenborg will be no match the Spanish giants who won the this cup a couple of years back.​

Sevilla 2 - 1 Rosenborg
Att. 36,971
Negredo 68(pen) Skjelbred 20
Fabiano 87

Rosenborg started the match with three new debutants, Gauseth, Faty and Boudianski. All three players linked up the midfield and look fired up for the match. It started in a fiery atmosphere with two yellow cards issued. It was Rosenborg who had the first laugh, as against all odds, they took the lead, through a wonderful strike with Skjelbred. Rosenborg held out to half time to hold a historic lead. The second half and Sevilla attacked with intent, but it took a silly foul by Demidov to hand the home team a way back into the game. Centre back Demidov needlessly handled the ball in the area and a penalty was given. Negredo socred and it sent the home fans crazy. With the dying minutes played out, Rosenborgs lack of match fitness showed and Fabiano broke the offside trap and scored a break away goal. Rosenborg were applauded off the pitch by their own fans that travelled for the spirited performance, with the home fans anticipating a close return match.

article-0-0084C9B5000004B0-199_306x423.jpg

Fabiano breaks the RBK away supporters hearts​

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

nigerian-football-te_33762.jpg

Super Eagles Appoint Norwegian Maestro

19th February 2010, has marked one of the biggest shocks in Nigerian Football as they have appointed successful Norwegian manager Philip Gharthouse - Strausen. Gharthouse, who is still in charge of Norwegian giants Rosenborg is said to have his hands full with finding time to manage both a national team and a club team. Gharthouse has minimal experience in football managment, and the west African nation is not happy with the NFA for approaching and offering Gharthouse the job.​

Nigeria recently finished a poor African Cup Of Nations finishing bottom of their group with 1 point. The nation has also failed to qualify for the world cup, and are expecting Gharthouse to make a big improvement, and make Nigeria a powerhouse of African football again.​

Gharthouse did not have time comment on his appointment but his close friends are said he can't wait to this important role on. Although it has been confirmed the current assistant manager and coaches have all been sacked.​

It is unclear to how the Rosenborg fans and players our to react to Gharthouse's decision after signing a new deal not so long ago.​

_41304722_nigeria_afp.jpg

The Nigerian's are expectful​

Last edited:
Good stuff man! Always spices a story up when your managing a club + international! It's great managing both! I managed Saudi Arabia and Bellinzona at the same time on 09. The club time passes by the incredibly long wait between matches too

nice story, you clearly put a lot of work into it and i always love stories with a lot of detail. Will Follow

RBK Spring Surprise

Rosenborg play Sevilla today in the return match of their 1st Knockout Round match in the Europa League. Sevilla hold a unconvincing 2-1 win against their Norwegian counterparts, and can expect a tough match at the Lerkendal. Rosenborg are without their central defender Demidov through suspension and Boudianski through a hamstring injury.​

Rosenborg 1 (2) - (2) 0 Sevilla
Att. 21,136
Skjelbred 51

Rosenborg sprang the biggest surprise of the cup today, in where they beat Sevilla on away goals in a historic match that the fans will be celebrating for weeks to come. The RBK started strongly, pressurising the Sevilla defence but could not make any clear cut chances. However, it was Fabiano who had the best chance of the half when he broke clear only to chip over the keeper, and the goal. The second half, RBK started off strongly again, and this time Skjelbred, the young attacking Norwegian midfielder rifled a shot into the top corner. The goal sent the crowd and bench mental. The goal rocked Sevilla, and they had notihng in the tank to reply, sending the home team through to the next round on away goals.

070918_chelsea16.jpg

RBK Celebrate​

Rosenborg have been drawn against French giants Lyon in the next round of the cup. Many fans are hopeful of another shock victory against the bigger team.​

RBK Dominate The All Star Cup

Four teams are too compete for the RBK All Stars Cup at the Lerkendal. Rosenborg have been drawn against Mexican team Halones, the other two teams are Vetra and Austria Wien. With this the only friendly games that RBK are to play, they must make full use to use the full squad and get some time on the ball.​

Match 1 RBK 6 - 0 Halcones
Prica 2, 23, 47, 75
Bashenga 34, 65

Austria Wien beat Vetra 4-0 to set up the final agaisnt the home team RBK

Match 2 RBK 3 - 2 Austria Wien
Prica 34, 82 Schumacher 54
Skjonsberg 43 Jun 89

So Rosenborg win the All Stars Cup in it's first year of existance. Many fans are said to have enjoyed the day and it has boosted the finances slightly of the Norwgian team.

RBK In Super Cup Win

RBK faced Aalesund today in the Norwegian Super Cup Final. With many fans predicting a easy win for the Norwegian champions, Aalesund have it all to do to gain a result here today.

Aalesund 1 - 4 Rosenborg
Att.10,871
Mathiesen 64 Zahora 19, 90 +5
Faty 32
Majcen 48

Rosenborg started strongly and got the lead through Zahora from a free kick. RBK continued to push and got a second from Faty, to score his first goal for the club and to send the fans crazy. Majcen got the stronger team off to a great start for the second half through a cracking effort to put the game beyond doubt for Aalesund. Aalesund managed to pull one back only for a consolation. Zahora finished the game off deep into injury time to put a emphatic scoreline on the match.

This is Gharthouse's second piece of silverware in his career, and hopefully won't be the last for this season.

041030_gull1.jpg

RBK Celebrating​

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

NFA%20logo.png

Super Eagles Captain
New Nigerian Manager Philip Ghathouse - Strausen has named his captain today for the National team, and he has gone for a familiar name of which is Joseph Yobo. Yobo who plays for Everton at the centre of defence retains his captaincy and has spoken of his delight to work with Gharthouse. Yobo has won 67 caps so far for Nigeria and is seen as one of the best players to have played for Nigeria. Vice Captain is named as golakeeper Vincent Enyema.
Joseph%20Yobo2WS.jpg

Captain Yobo
Gharthouse has also arranged a number of five friendlies for the national team for the rest of the year. The first is at home to Armenia, secondly, Nigeria travel to Norway for a interesting battle. Nigeria then face Bahrain and Congo at home and travel away to Austria for a match in November.​

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:16 PM ----------

RBK Applauded
Rosenborg faced two tricky matches against French Champions Lyon within the space of a week. With Lyon favouraites, RBK are expected to make up the numbers.
Lyon 2 - 0 Rosenborg
Att. 36,294
Govou 8
Toulalan 57
Lyon, the more fancied team, got off to a great start with forward Govou scoring from a set piece move. Rosenborg picked thereselves up but were unable to get on the socresheet. The RBK did themsleves proud, but Lyon were too strong and got a second to kill the game off through Toulalan.
article-1021954-015FB25900000578-496_468x333.jpg

Govou celebrates​

The return match saw the French team travel to Norway for the return leg, in where they were expected to record another victory agaisnt the weaker Norwegian team.

Rosenborg 0 (0) - (5) 3 Lyon
Att. 21,136
Pjanic 67
Kallstrom 75
Lacazette 87

Rosenborg new they had to win this match by a large winning margin without conceding. The first half did not disapoint, but the RBK were unable to break through the defence of Lyon. Kienast went the closest as he hit the crossbar on the verge of halftime. The second half began without much of a change, with Lyon sitting back, letting RBK come at them. It was however, Lyon who had the first laugh who broke on the counter with Pjanic scoring. Kallstrom then added to the French teams lead through a freekick. Late on, Lyon got a thrid, which flattered the scoreline and this came through promising young Frenchman Lacazette.
The game finished 0-3 and 0-5 on aggregate, but RBK have done themselves very proud, beating Sevilla to get this far. They did a lap of honour for the fans and they were applauded by the home and away fans.
lerkendal.jpg

The Packed Lerkendal​

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

RBK Fire A Blank

Rosenborg face their first league game of the season today, in where they travel away to Odd. Surprisingly, Odd have been made favouraites for the match, so RBK will have to prove the doubters wrong.

Odd 0 - 0 Rosenborg
Att.9718
Rosenborg started with a new diamond formation in the centre of the park, in where they looked to dominate. Odd had their own ideas and created many chances and new goalkeeper Orlund made a string of fantastic saves. RBK didn't have much to reply with and were unable to trouble the home team. The second half wasn't all too different and both teams had to settle for a draw.​

RBK Internationals
Thirteen players in total were called up respctfully to take part for their national teams. They are as follows:
Norway U19 - Drage, Henriksen
Norway U21 - Wangbeg, Berbatovci
Slovenia U21 - Majcen
Norway - Iversen, Jarstein, Johnsen, Hogli, Demidov, Skjonsberg
Sweden - Lustig, Prica
NFA%20logo.png
Super Eagles Team Announced
Manager Philip Gharthouse - Strausen announced his Nigerian team today which will face Armenia within the week. A strong team has been announced, but many say Gharthouse will find it hard to coach the team with no coaching team. Gharthouse has still yet to employ any suitable members of staff for the Nigerian national team. The team selected is as followed:

GK. - Enyeama VC, Ejide, Aiyyenugba
DF. Yobo C, Yussuf, Afolabi,Opam, Taiwo, Shittu
MF. Alijore, Aluko, Etuhu, Mikel, Obodo, Owello, Odiah
ST. Martins, Obinna, Obasi, Opara, Odemwingie, Oseni, Uche, Uche, Yakubu

With a strong squad picked, the main threat is expected to come from the Nigerian attack, who is enough to scare any team.

Will start ith the story again later, had a busy week and have loads to update

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:01 PM ----------

RBK Demolished

Rosenborg faced their second league match today, and it was agaisnt fellow rivals Tromso. Tromso are predicted to finish second this season, so many are seeing it as a match of the big guns.​

Tromso 5 - 2 Rosenborg
Att. 5627
Rushfeldt 10, 33 Faty 84
Moldskred 66 Majcen 89
Larsen 72
Knarvik 90 +1

Rosenborg got off to the worst possible start with central defrender Johnsen being sent off for a two footed lunge at Rushfeldt. So RBK were down to ten men from the start. Rushfeldt capitalised on the numerical advantage and put the hosts one nil up down to a fine strike. The home kept the pressure on and scored again, through Rushfeldt. RBK were falling to pieces and had no reply. RBK managed to keep the scoreline down until midway through the second half when Moldskred scored through a corner, to send the home fans esctactic. Five minutes later Tromso found themselves in dreamland and four nil up. Much to the embaressment of the away fans, Faty and Majcen found the net late on but Tromso had the last laugh scoring their fifth late on.

This was manager Philip Gharthouse - Strausen biggest defeat since he has taken charge of the Norwegian team. It will be interesting how they pick themselve up from a match in which they wanted to win.​

NFA%20logo.png

Super Eagles fire a blank

Nigeria faced Eastern European team Armenia today at home in Lagos. A strong team was announced in a match they are easily expected to win.​

Nigeria 0 - 0 Armenia
Att. 36232

Nigeria should have won today's game if it wasn't for the heroics of the Armenian keeper. Arsenal's forward Obasi looked the most likely to score and the closest he went saw he shot rebound off the post. Martins and Yakubu had their chances aswell but they failed to capitalise in which they ended up in a disapointing 0-0 draw with a team they are expected to beat comfortably.​

Chinedu_Obasi~1.jpg

Obasi was named man of the match​

Rosenborg-logo-379A8308D9-seeklogo.com.gif

RBK back to winning ways

RBK faced their first home match of the season and it is agaisnt newly promoted Haugesund. With RBK looking to recover from a heavy 5-2 defeat, the fans are expcetant.​

Rosenborg 2 - 0 Haugesund
At.. 19,324
Skjelbred 19
Majcen 66

Rosenborg started the match knowing that anything but a win was needed. A strong line up was named and the fans are expectant, wanting a repeat of last season to bring the league home again. RBK got off to a good start and Haugesund buckled under the pressure with Skjelbred scoring from a corner. The away team battled but were no match and Majcen finished the game off halfway through the second half with a powerful shot.

RBK pull through

Rosenborg faced their second home match of the season agasint a strong Stabaek. Stabaek are the team they beat last year which won them the title.​

Rosenborg 2 - 0 Stabaek
Att. 21,038
Prica 9, 90+1

Prica got the home team off to a great start by scoring a typical placed shot which enjoyed the home fans. Rosenborg were not on top though, and were hanging on for the majority of the half as Stabaek poured the pressure on. The second half brought no change and Rosenborg looked like they want the game over. Stabaek poured the pressure on in the final minutes, but RBK broke away and Prica scored on the counter attack to break Stabaek hearts.

Prica scoring his second

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

RBK Struggle under new tactic

Rosenborg faced Valerenga today in a match they need to win to set the eary season pace, which speareated the stronger and weaker teams. Rosengborg have come under heavy criticism of late for using a new tactic they seem to be struggling under.​

Valerenga 0 - 0 Rosenborg
Att.7.584

Rosenborg were perhaps the better team today but it was a dire 0-0 draw which , fans players and staff will want to forget about. Rosenborg did manage to put the ball into the back of the net, only to have it ruled offside.​

Rosenborg currently lie 7th in the table with a total of 8 poimts. Viking sit on top of the table as they have won all of their matches so far.​

RBK draw yet another blank

Rosenborg faced Stromsgodset today infront of the expecting home fans, knowing that they should eaisly win againt such a inferior team.​

Rosenborg 0 - 0 Stromsgodset
Att.19,429

Stromsgodset had ideas of their own today, showing that they are not pushovers and can match the best. Maybe Rosenborg aren't playing at their best, but they should still easily win agaisnt a weaker team. Credit has to go to Stromsgodset. Majcen and Sapara had both managed to socre, only for both goals to be ruled out for offside.​

RBK back to winning ways

RBK faced Ham Kam today at home. RBK are underpeforning in the league so far and the fans are starting to voice their opinions, so a convincing win is needed today.​

Rosenborg 4 - 0 Ham Kam
Att.18,365
Wangberg 7
Majcen 28
Prica 50
Sapara 87

Today showed why Ham Kam are bottom of the table as the RBK smashed them for four. Wangberg started off the scoring by heading from a corner. Rosenborg continued to pile on the pressure and Majcen got the home team's second of the day. The second half didn't bring much luck to the away team and Prica got the third of the day. Late on Sapara smashed home a freekick to send the fans home happy, with pride and trust resptred back in Gharthouse.​

Simen_Wangberg_profi_68945a.jpg

Wangberg happy after the game​

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

RBK pull out the stops

RBK travelled to Aalesund whom they have already beaten this year in the supercup final, which ended up 4-1 to Rosenborg. Aalesund are looking for revenge on that embaressing defeat, whereas Rosenborg look to continue to win and push themselves up the table.

Aalesund 0 - 1 Rosenborg
Att.10,510
Boudianski 47

Rosenborg started off strongly with Majcen putting the ball narrowly wide of the post. Aalesund didn't have much in the reply of efforts on goal, but they were making it hard for Rosenborg to bear down on goal. This was until early in the second half Boudianski managed to get a shot in from distance and it flew into the net. This was the only goal of the game and it sent the away fans home happy.

RBK going strong
Inform Rosenborg faced Brann today infront of their home fans. With Rosenborg unbeaten in six matches, Brann would have to be at their very best to salvage a result at the Lerkendal.​

Rosenborg 3 - 0 Brann
Att.21,347
Demidov 15
Guastavino (og) 24
Sapara 81
Rosenborg got off to a good start with strong centre back Demidov getting the vital first goal from a corner. More pressure from the home team saw Brann scoring a goal, agaisnt themselves much to the amusment of the home fans. Brann had no answer to the home team and conceded a third which came through Sapara.
RBK thrash minnows

RBK travelled away to face Norwegian minnows Skarbovik in the first round of the cup. With a much weakened team announced, away fans are hoping that Gharthouse isn't too confident.
Skarbovik 0 - 4 Rosenborg
Att.2251
Sapara 49
Sellin 54, 67, 82

Skarbovik looked pumped up for todays match, in which will probaly be the biggest game of their lives. Ande they did not diapoint aswell keeping the away team at bay for the first half. However, after a total of three changes at half time, Rosenborg turned on the pressure and Sapara got the all incisive goal just after half time. This inspired Sellin to get in on the act, and boy did he. Selling was a menace to the Skarbovik defence scoring another two goals to secure his first hatrick for the club.
sellin.jpg

Young Sellin showed his potential today

RBK ragain the bragging rights
Rosenborg face Molde in the biggest derby of the season. Rosenborg who are in great form are clsoing the gap on league leaders Viking whilst Molde are performing inconsistantly and lie midtable.
Molde 2 - 4 Rosenborg
Att.10,879
Diouf 31 Sapara 8
Pajoy56 Prica 38, 49. 65
A packed stadium turned up to watch one of the fiercest rivalaries in Norwegian football. With a heavy Police presence, emotions were running high and both sets of supporters were eyeing a win for their side. It was however RBK who got the scoring underway with Sapara scoring a powerful freekick. Molde poured on the pressure, with the help of their fans and saw them get a equaliser through the African Diouf. Rosenborg did not sit back, and started to build pressure of their own, and it saw them score through Prica. The scorline 1-2 at half to the away team in which was a very entertaining first half.. The second half started in the same fashion and Prica scored his second of the match. It sent the away fans crazy/ This did not mean Molde were out of the game, and they got their second through Pajoy. The football was end to end stuff, but it was Prica who had the last laugh in when he got Rosenborg's fourth, and his third. The away fans were happy, as were the plyaers and the staff. A great win, from a great game of football.
celebrations.jpg

RBK celebrate to their away fans​

Last edited:

RBK manager award
Manager Philip Gharthouse - Strausen has been named manager of the month. The Rosenborg manager is currently leading his team up the table where they belong, and it won't be long until they reach 1st position.​

RBK cruising

Rosenborg faced struggling team Honefess in the league today infront of their own fans. Rosenborg are looking to record another victory and their morale is bound to be high after acomfortable win over arch rivals Molde.

Rosenborg 3 - 1 Honefess
Att.19,995
Majcen 1 Dmitrjev 8
Skjonsberg 70
Sapara 90

Rosenborg got off to the greatest of starts today with Majcen heading the ball into the goal with only 35seconds played. However, Honefess fought back and scored a surprise equaliser to level the game back up. ROsenborg enjoyed much of the possession but failed to make the chances they created into the the goal. The half ended equal, but RBK should easily be winning this game. The second half, RBK converted the chances they created with Skjonsberg and Saoara getting the two goals in a comfortable win.
RBK still unbeaten
RBK travelled away to Lillestrom today in an important match which see's 8th placed Lillestrom agaisnt the ever improving and much fancied 3rd placed Rosenborg.
Lillestrom 0 - 1 Rosenborg
Att.12,319
Prica 57
Lillestrom and Rosenborg both fielded there strongest teams, with Rosenborg eager to keep up and catch Viking at the top of the table. The home team started the stronger but were unable to find the back of the net. Rosenborg had their chances too, but it took until the second half for the deadlock to be broken. It was Swedish striker Prica who got the goal, and the only goal to give Rosenborg another win and climb second in the table.​

RBK lucky
Rosenborg faced top of the table Viking in a tough encounter, which many see what maybe the turning point for the season. If RBK are to win today, then they will have a strength in depth to stay on top for the season.​

Rosenborg 2 - 1 Viking
Att.20,183
Sapara 85 Danielsen 29
Wangberg 89
Rosenborg were in good spirit for this match as were the fans, and they expected a comforatable win. With Viking top of the league, it was obvious they were not going to be puchovers. It was indeed Viking who controlled this match, and they opened the scoring on the half hour mark which they scored through a corner. Viking continued to dominate the game and RBK fans watched on with grim faces as there team failed to play their style of football. With five minutes left Sapara gathered the ball on the halfway line, beat two players to score a outstsnding goal. Viking were stunned, and Rosenborg took full advantage with Wangberg scoring from a corner. Rosenborg went on to win the match, in which they shouldnt have got a point from.
340x.jpg

RBK Celebrate​

Here is the league table (Sorry it took so long)