Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 FM11.2 Tactic and Discussion

I didn't mean to be disrespectful, I was just saying it doesn't necessarily work for everyone.

well, duh :p there is NO wonder tactic, but this is a good one, and at least give ur team time to gel

Still performing amazingly with this tactic after a few seasons now, notching up 120+ goals in the league every season!

Sure, but they all are 30+ at 2018 ;) I've replaced them with decent strikers, and notching up great results anyways. But I got a really amazing team, so if you think your team can match most teams, this tac will make sure you dominate them!

This really is a great tactic, I've tweaked it to accommodate my attacking midfielder but aside from that I've kept it as is and the results have been amazing.

I finished 7th first season with Newcastle - it would've been higher, but up until Christmas I was tweaking tactics and using others, so I lost quite a few games. However, I changed to Mr Hough's tactic in the new year, and after being told I could be sacked if I didn't win the next game, my stiker got a 94th minute winner at the Hawthorns which I like to think saved my job.

Second season, I almost won the domestic treble - I won the league by 3 points, beat Chelsea in the Carling Cup and lost to Man City in the FA Cup Final.

So far this season, I'm 7 points clear with 4 games left of the season. I've retained the Carling Cup, and I just beat Bayern Munich 3-0 at their place in the Champions League QF first leg. Unfortunately, I lost to Wigan in the FA Cup Fourth Round, but the way things are going I'm sure this tactic will win me it soon!

Last edited:
mr hough can you change your tactic to normal settings? so i can tweak it a little bit :p . sorry if this off topic and disturbed

Ive been using something similar to this (same exact formation), a tactic i picked up from the SI forum, from a user called sherica (sp?)

anyways im thinking of using this seeing the great results every1 is getting....

I have a question though, in the tactic I use it only calls for one "anchor man", and for my two central midfields to attack....seeing as all your midfielders are dropping back more, will i be able to use this effectively, I have two of Pastore, Ashley young, James Rodriguez, Sissoko (Toulouse) usually in the CM positions, and use one of Matuidi/M'Vila the CDM position.....will I leak more goals if I were to set the two central midfielders to attack, will it make much of a difference?

Maybe a silly question but: where can the tactics be found actually ?

I searched the downloads up and down - but nowhere to be seen :(

Would be nice if anyone could post the link. Thanxx (K)

Ive been using something similar to this (same exact formation), a tactic i picked up from the SI forum, from a user called sherica (sp?)

anyways im thinking of using this seeing the great results every1 is getting....

I have a question though, in the tactic I use it only calls for one "anchor man", and for my two central midfields to attack....seeing as all your midfielders are dropping back more, will i be able to use this effectively, I have two of Pastore, Ashley young, James Rodriguez, Sissoko (Toulouse) usually in the CM positions, and use one of Matuidi/M'Vila the CDM position.....will I leak more goals if I were to set the two central midfielders to attack, will it make much of a difference?

can any1 help me out here?

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Maybe a silly question but: where can the tactics be found actually ?

I searched the downloads up and down - but nowhere to be seen :(

Would be nice if anyone could post the link. Thanxx (K)
http://www.filefront.com/17740827/Mr-Hough-4-1-2-3-11.2--Sunderland-Sep-2010.tac/

Thanx mate, but within the matches the instructions option is inactive. Above all in the tactics menu some options are also inactive. Has anyone else got the same problem ? oO)

Because it's a classic tactic, it's not made in the tactics creator.

Does anyone know what match prep to use like team blend / def pos /atta pos ?

Please anyone who got this tactic!!! Please upload it to another host, my country ip doesnt work with filefront and I'm desperate to try this since i'm a fan of complete dominance tac since fm10

Please anyone who got this tactic!!! Please upload it to another host, my country ip doesnt work with filefront and I'm desperate to try this since i'm a fan of complete dominance tac since fm10

Here you go:

Here you go:
Oh thanks so much:D

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:07 PM ----------

These are 2 problems i have with the tactic:
- As your previous tactics is often known for their stamina consuming, with this, I often find my cnetral striker ( in my case Drogba ) often has his stamina fall quickly during the match. Luckily I foresaw it and bought an extra striker in advance.
- I often get conceded with a counter-attack style team ( the 4-5-1 )
Anyway with the unbeaten stat so far, I'm happy with your tactic:)

Offense looks great. Many created chances, around four big chances a game. But Defensively it reminds me of some weird chicken running around. Defenders are doing stuff you can't understand. Just run next to an opposition striker without tackling, letting them go and strike by head, holes as big as the ozone hole, doing everything you shouldn't.
Okay, maybe my team ist too weak to play this tactic (my strikers for example don't score even if their attributes are not too bad), but in defense there is still some work to do...

Last edited:
Good tactic if you've got the players but not effective for even mid table Prem teams and also doesn't tend to get results against the big teams (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.); defensively very poor

I have to you one request Mr. Hough.I play your tactics and I have a problem with strikers.Are very inefficient.I play a third season of Nantes and my strikers are: Vaclav Kadlec, Miguel Medina, Jose Sand and Michael Eneramo.Although it puts a lot of shots of my games end with prize draws Be dim What would you counsel me? Thanks in advance for answer