This is a great consistant tactic, I think you saved the best for last.

Now someones going to shout at me but I just bought gareth bale, lovely speedy player, great engine will work well as a left back (I know.) I don't know about you guys but my wing backs are doing 90% of the crosses while my wingers are cutting inside and to be honest bale doesn't cut it in that department as far as I'm concerned, he may get an odd goal or two but someone a tad slower with better finishing should do alot better.

Am I right mrhough or have I lost my mind?

Thanks for your advice Mr. Hough! Used Team Blend on maximum (maybe a little bit too much?), I bought Michael Henke as assistant manager (should be all right) and used Wolfsongs Team Talks... I don't know what happened, but I decided to delete my Spurs game and never think about it again haha... Nevertheless I am determined to succeed with your tactic, so I started a new game wit Manchester City (I know...). I bought Srna and Gervinho and sold Shaun WP... I've won my first three friendlies comfortable, keep my fingers crossed for the start of the season, but I am pretty confident! I'll let you know how things are going as soon as possible!

There should be no problems at all with Man City - Keep us updated with your Progress mate

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

This is a great consistant tactic, I think you saved the best for last.

Now someones going to shout at me but I just bought gareth bale, lovely speedy player, great engine will work well as a left back (I know.) I don't know about you guys but my wing backs are doing 90% of the crosses while my wingers are cutting inside and to be honest bale doesn't cut it in that department as far as I'm concerned, he may get an odd goal or two but someone a tad slower with better finishing should do alot better.

Am I right mrhough or have I lost my mind?

Gareth Bale will be awesome down the Left Side, He will do well for you there.

Very disappointing season :(
It started very well (sparring).
Later, it was only worse.
Poor defensive play.
Excellent games alternated total disasters. I lost all matches against teams from the top (with Arsenal, Chelsi, Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City)

I was hoping for much more.

View attachment 180611View attachment 180619View attachment 180628View attachment 180629View attachment 180630View attachment 180631View attachment 180632View attachment 180634View attachment 180635View attachment 180636View attachment 180637View attachment 180638View attachment 180639View attachment 180640

Hey Dave , i`m still using your Stone Cold Winger tactic , but on patch 11.2.1 , didn`t like too much the last patch , and i must say it`s the best tactic ( i know you made it for 11.3 ). Used it with 5 teams in Liga 1 Romania and won the league in the first season with all of them , even with a team that had media pred 10th and no money or transfers , it`s a beast . I was trying tactics from 11.3 on 11.2.1 and from the first game using it on that patch i was blown away , no tweakz. Once all go fluid , you can just seat down and enjoy the madness.
Won the Champions League with Steaua Bucharest and Poli Timisoara in 3 and 4 years using Stone Cold , 3rd season with Burnley won EPL and League Cup .

To all of you guyz there , if you`re still using 11.2.1 , try Stone Cold - it will make you famous .

Thanks Dave for all of your tactics , it`s been a pleasure using them .

Hey Dave , i`m still using your Stone Cold Winger tactic , but on patch 11.2.1 , didn`t like too much the last patch , and i must say it`s the best tactic ( i know you made it for 11.3 ). Used it with 5 teams in Liga 1 Romania and won the league in the first season with all of them , even with a team that had media pred 10th and no money or transfers , it`s a beast . I was trying tactics from 11.3 on 11.2.1 and from the first game using it on that patch i was blown away , no tweakz. Once all go fluid , you can just seat down and enjoy the madness.
Won the Champions League with Steaua Bucharest and Poli Timisoara in 3 and 4 years using Stone Cold , 3rd season with Burnley won EPL and League Cup .

To all of you guyz there , if you`re still using 11.2.1 , try Stone Cold - it will make you famous .

Thanks Dave for all of your tactics , it`s been a pleasure using them .

I currently have the 11.3 patch. Where can i find 11.2.1?

Go to the SI site and download it , after you`ll have to uninstall the game and install it new and then update it to patch 11.2.1

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

PS Make backup on your hard drive with your save
You`ll need to start new saves , those from 11.3 WILL NOT WORK on patch 11.2.1 , you`ll be doing a downgrade to the game , not upgrade

So far so good!
For me, it's a fantastic tactic :)

I'm coaching Pinhalnovense in 2nd south division (it's like a 3rd division in Portugal), and the media predict was to finish at 6th place.. the betting quotation to win the championship was 1/40!!
This team has no money for transfers, no money to salaries and no reputation to loan average players!

Here my results:

View attachment 180760View attachment 180759View attachment 180758

Many thanks to you, mr AWESOME :p

Problems arise when the opponent has fast players - wing and attackers.
You have to work hard during the match a lot to get a favorable outcome.

Does not resign quickly, so I took over Jagiellonia (Polish Ekstraklasa). Media Forecast 5th.
Currently i winning. I managed to also reach the Euro Cup group stage:)

Hi Mr Hough
I'm playing with Besiktas in Turkish League. When it was about 15. game of the first season I tried your tactic for 2 matches and won 5-1 home against a team in the league ( weaker than my team ) and 5-1 away match against Feyenoord in UEFA. I ll start a new season with Besiktas again with your tactic and write the results when finish the league. It looks a great tactic.

I changed the tactics of the tihgt marking for central defenders.
Now playing on the defensive looks much better.
Center backs did not run out of lines and do not leave holes in the defense.
Additionally, if your opponent plays fast strikers and winger it I withdraw d-linee.
if the opponent plays on a very fast striker or winger in the o.i. I select not to tight marking it.
helps if you have slow defenders and we play a weaker team.

Are the wingers in this tactic supposed to be players who cut inside, i.e am I supposed to use left footers on the right side and right footers on the left side?

no
left footer on the left side
and the right footeg on the right

View attachment 181704

It's a very good result I think. I recieve goals mostly from corners or fouls.

2nd round FA cup, amazing tactic as usual. at 2010 I won FA cup with AFC Telford when i was in Coca-Cola League 1. Congrats mr.hough
View attachment 181706

Last edited:
Hi Mr Hough,

I think this one might not be getting the attention it deserves. I download most of your tacics and this one is by far the best. I decided to start a new save as a championship club. I randomly picked one which turned out to be Swansea. Media prediction 7th. Decent team with fast wingers in Dyer and Sinclair.

I'm comfotably top after 24 games. Won 21 and drawn 3. For 68 against 14. I have signed 4 players in Kadlec, Verkhovstov, Araujo and Jordan Spence. Lots of better teams in the league but this tearing them to bits.

Thanks again.

Hey Mr Hough,
Great tactic, have downloaded it but not had the time to use it yet. Just to let you know your screenshots aren't showing anymore, it's showing stuff about photobucket ;)

Hi MrHough,

Howcome i can't do anny side line instructions??