what a fantastic tactic am useing with celtic garry hooper has 30 goals in 18 league games awesome

what a fantastic tactic am useing with celtic garry hooper has 30 goals in 18 league games awesome
Would you mind telling me how many he has scored from corners?

Sent from my HTC Desire

Great tactic mate!!!

Just a question, is it possible to get this tactic as the "normal" fm 2012 tactic, or have you only made it as an Classic tactic?

Just copy all the settings into à TC tactic, will take you about 5 minutes at tops. You wont be able to change strategy, player roles or use shouts though as all settings Will be tweaked( obviously you can but it Will effect nothing)

Last edited:
Sorry to do this but could anyone help me download the tac? I'm useless with comps and i went through the link but it doesn't save it to the tactics file. When i tried to manually put it into the tactics file it says that oesnt exist or doent do anything, and when I use the advice on the sticky to create a tactics file it says its invalid

Sorry to be a nuisance but this tactic looks really promising

Sorry to do this but could anyone help me download the tac? I'm useless with comps and i went through the link but it doesn't save it to the tactics file. When i tried to manually put it into the tactics file it says that oesnt exist or doent do anything, and when I use the advice on the sticky to create a tactics file it says its invalid

Sorry to be a nuisance but this tactic looks really promising

By tactics file... Do you mean tactics folder ?

Yes, sorry, like I say, I'm not incedibly technically minded :s Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated :)

Yes, sorry, like I say, I'm not incedibly technically minded :s Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated :)

just go to the user/my Doc/SI/ FM12 and then right click the mouse and " create folder/map" and name it Tactics. Then put the actuall downloaded file in there.

Thank BetterHalf. It still didn't downlod i into the tactics file but eventually downloaded it into an apps file. Took some searching lol Thanks again

Can someone tell me what to look for as DC for this tactic? Stamina, positioning, acc and pace?

Why cant i use shouts under the games with classic tacitc?

Last edited:
hooper scored 12 from corners probably would have been more but he is only 5'9

lol This tactic seems to go against all the 'rules' I've learnt from other games. Seems to break the 'rule of 2' mentality rule, it doesn't close down as a team (on sliders) and the most curious thing is the front players being on tight marking lmao Also, the passing is mostly at lowest but the defenders seem to make long passes up front

I had a tactic going which was going ok but I wasn't overly happy with it...but this seems to be going against everything that was making sense to me lol seems to work though

I want to make a few tweaks just for my own sanity but I was just wondering if anyone could clear a few things up for me. I'm going bring the mentality a bit closer together (forwards back a bit and defence/midfield up slightly) as everything seems to bunch up on the positions analysis. I don't know if it's set how it is though to be compact and then split the pitch for a counter? I've never been a fan of playing offside, on game or RL, but I'll see how that works. I've taken the run with ball to sometimes to try create a bit more of a passing game up the pitch (dont think I have the players capable of passing players constantly). Never been a big fan of the man marking in past games coz it seems to drag cb's outta position, but I'll see how that works. Maybe not having the cb's tight marking means they wont follow strikers out too much? But the most curious thing is the forward players being tight marking. Anyone know why this is? Is it to keep them in position more?

Any clues to any of these or any changes others have made would be interesting :)

Thanks

lol This tactic seems to go against all the 'rules' I've learnt from other games. Seems to break the 'rule of 2' mentality rule, it doesn't close down as a team (on sliders) and the most curious thing is the front players being on tight marking lmao Also, the passing is mostly at lowest but the defenders seem to make long passes up front

I had a tactic going which was going ok but I wasn't overly happy with it...but this seems to be going against everything that was making sense to me lol seems to work though

I want to make a few tweaks just for my own sanity but I was just wondering if anyone could clear a few things up for me. I'm going bring the mentality a bit closer together (forwards back a bit and defence/midfield up slightly) as everything seems to bunch up on the positions analysis. I don't know if it's set how it is though to be compact and then split the pitch for a counter? I've never been a fan of playing offside, on game or RL, but I'll see how that works. I've taken the run with ball to sometimes to try create a bit more of a passing game up the pitch (dont think I have the players capable of passing players constantly). Never been a big fan of the man marking in past games coz it seems to drag cb's outta position, but I'll see how that works. Maybe not having the cb's tight marking means they wont follow strikers out too much? But the most curious thing is the forward players being tight marking. Anyone know why this is? Is it to keep them in position more?

Any clues to any of these or any changes others have made would be interesting :)

Thanks

Forwards on tight marking because it lets them play on the shoulder of the defenders...would advise to make defenders to tight mark also...means they wont get turned as easily ;) couple of steps i would take ;)

Forwards on tight marking because it lets them play on the shoulder of the defenders...would advise to make defenders to tight mark also...means they wont get turned as easily ;) couple of steps i would take ;)
Actually its quite the contrary here.Tight marking means the defenders will also be close to the opposition strikers and hence just like how with tight marking on our strikers we hope they would play on the shoulders of the opposition defenders,we are letting the opposition to do the same.But with loose marking defenders stay away and anticipate through balls and cut them off and don't get turned easily.
This is basically the same modification I did with the 4-1-2-3,which had tight marking initially but my tweaked version did not.I would advice others to put the cbs to zonal marking as well,as prescribed my mr.hough himself on sigames forums.Also for away games,I would suggest trying out the previous 4-1-2-3,as these seems to give the opposition more chances to score in away games than that one.Though on lucky days like with the screenshot a few pages back,your opposition will create and not score and you will create less but score.
I also tried this tweak of taking one midfielder unto amc and one down to dmc,seemed to work.But it was just one game.I will try it a bit more and let you all know how it goes.

lol So you want your attacking players on tight man marking so they have more chance of getting onto through balls? I guess thats only true if you're playing with poaching style strikers. If you want a more deep lying striker then you wouldnt want tight marking on for them to find space between the def and mid?

I've found tight zonal marking the best way for defenders but it's not conclusive. I'm thinking though you'd want your defenders tight on big/good heading strikers to limit their chances of a free header? With this in mind and then fast strikers in mind, would it be best to have defenders on zonal, non tight, and then change tall/good heading strikers to be tight marked in opposition instructions?

lol So you want your attacking players on tight man marking so they have more chance of getting onto through balls? I guess thats only true if you're playing with poaching style strikers. If you want a more deep lying striker then you wouldnt want tight marking on for them to find space between the def and mid?

I've found tight zonal marking the best way for defenders but it's not conclusive. I'm thinking though you'd want your defenders tight on big/good heading strikers to limit their chances of a free header? With this in mind and then fast strikers in mind, would it be best to have defenders on zonal, non tight, and then change tall/good heading strikers to be tight marked in opposition instructions?
Yes and yes.For a deep lying forward you would want them on loose marking.That way they would ideally not be close to the defender,other instructions such as run from deep etc would determine however whether he would play in the hole or not.
For defenders,that is exactly what I do but in a different way.When playing against a team with one big striker I put on my centreback with the best heading to man mark with tight settings.And in opposition instructions I just use tackle hard and close down always on that striker.

@sumthin

I've adapted your defensive settings from Hough's previous tactic into his new one. Works well so far..

View attachment 234608View attachment 234609View attachment 234610
That is very good to see!I was thinking about doing the same.But haven't really gotten time to play recently.Heck couldn't even try our mixed version.:(.I think with after I am done with the big assignment due tomorrow and with Easter coming up,ill get some more time to play.Maybe ill try them as well.Mind pm-ing me what you did.I want to see what were the changes that you adapted,as in just the mentality closing down etc.or also the things that shape how they attack.
And is anyone else from here who goes to Uni?I want to know when you guys play.Cuz I just started out with Uni and I really don't seem to get time to play this magnificent game :(

That is very good to see!I was thinking about doing the same.But haven't really gotten time to play recently.Heck couldn't even try our mixed version.:(.I think with after I am done with the big assignment due tomorrow and with Easter coming up,ill get some more time to play.Maybe ill try them as well.Mind pm-ing me what you did.I want to see what were the changes that you adapted,as in just the mentality closing down etc.or also the things that shape how they attack.
And is anyone else from here who goes to Uni?I want to know when you guys play.Cuz I just started out with Uni and I really don't seem to get time to play this magnificent game :(
I just changed the new defender settings in this tactic to the ones in the tweak version on the other thread. I'll upload it when I next load up FM