Mr Hough's Shout Combo It's The Future Thread

mrhough

Reaction score
OK ladies and Gentlemen here is a little thread/Guide to combo shouts how to use them set them up and what impact they can potentially have on your game.

Some people may know i tend to make tactics in the classic mould but this has proved extremely difficult in this years FM, Not because the ME in broken or that SI are trying to make the classic part of the tactics disappear simply because i used to rely on the 'Bugs' in the ME and in this years FM it's much harder to see/find them.

So i was looking around the Forums and seen the Legendary Fuss's Picture regarding Shouts and the Combos of different Shouts you can use in game, I was instantly amazed and excited by this because i new i had found the key to make a brilliant tactic, Not by spending hours looking for exploits in the ME by tweaking each position but by using the Tools that Si have given us to make out FM experience better.

I Loaded up my Rangers Save that i had just started and set about making some combo shouts, I thought about the situations my team might be in and selected the relative shouts for each one and named the collective group of shouts appropriately, It took me about 5 minutes and the hardest part of it was thinking what to name them.

I had my formation which is a 4-2-3-1 with a Rigid Style and Attacking Philosophy here is a screen shot of my formation i have used for Rangers.

RangersTCformation.jpg

It's completely TC made with no individual changes other than to set the Long Shots of Each Player to Rarely. I have set my shouts up to incorporate just a couple of the in game scenarios that i might face like.

Shout Name Shouts Used

Pressure the Opposition - Push Higher Up - Get Stuck In - Hassle Opposition - Run At Defence

Hold On The/Keep Possession - Play out of defence - Stay On Feet - Pass To Feet - Work Ball Into Box - Retain Possession.

Play Like Barca - Play Out Of Defence - Push Higher Up - Pass to feet - Play Through Defence - Work Ball into Box - Look for Overlap - Retain Possession.

Some Wing Play - Play out of defence - Pass into Space - Play Wider - Run at Defence - Look For Overlap - Get Ball Forward - Exploit The Flanks.

Park The Mini Bus - Drop Deeper - Stay On Feet - Play Narrow - Retain Possession - Stand off Opponents

All Out Attack - Play Out Of Defence - Push Higher Up - Get Stuck In - Play Wider - play through defence - work ball into box - get ball forward - Hassle Opponents - Exploit the Flanks.

There are all the Shouts i have set for my 4-2-3-1 formation, I Mainly use the Play Like Barca and Wing-play.

What i wanna get from a thread/guide like this is that i want us all to help each other, What Formation do you use and what shouts if you use any are working for you, That way we can make some amazing tactics and shout combos in 2 minutes.

There is a lot more information i am going to add over time as i gather more information regarding the Whole Shout System.

Thanks For Reading.

Excellent stuff. I quite like this as a combination: Drop Deeper - Retain Possession - Pass into Space.

Draws a side onto you, you patiently move the ball around as they try to press you, and as soon as space opens up you unleash a split pass into the gap.

Good thread and great to see you have stepped over from the darkside ;)

My favourite shouts using à flat 442 or 4411 are the following

Balanced-, all on default

"Counter the flanks" Counter or Attack
- Play wider, get ball forward, exploit flanks, clear ball to flanks
When wanting to stretch the opponent wide and exploit the fact that they are pushing up and leaving their fullbacks all alone.

" Flood the midfield" Standard or Counter
- Play narrow, retain possession, push up
When wanting to win the midfield battle and deny space

" Patient Stretch" Control or Attack
- Play wider, overlaps, retain possession, play through defence,

I think you can make much better tactics by using the shouts, So Soeasy to do aswell

Does this work better when your team instructions are set default (standard or whatever you want to call it) ?

Does this work better when your team instructions are set default (standard or whatever you want to call it) ?

Depends reallt if your not gonna use shouts at the start of the game and only use them in certain senarios then it might be best to use theteam instructions to how you think they should be set, I use shouts from the start so i have left mine on default as i see no point in changing them if i am gonna use shouts straight off becuase the shouts i use will change the settings i started off with

Maybe a stupid question, but I can't find the option shouts. I your printcreen it's between captains and team talk.

What am I doing wrong?

Using Galore tactic (2-2-2-3-1 or 4-5-1) and away against equal sides or against aggressive midfielders and having always the same problem: transition very slow, bad deliveries in crucial areas, AMC with no ball.

Testing several things, like pressing and close marking (OI) and keep the ball (shout). The idea was to keep the ball running and don't let the opponents get it. The result? more of the same!

Then i thought:

OI:

FBs adn CBs with high pressing .
DMC, MCs and AMCs with pressing and tight marking
MR/L, or AMR/, AMC and Striker with hard tacking
All team showing worst foot (even GK)

Shouts
Playing from defense
Get ball forward
Work ball into box
Run at defense
Hassle opponents

it seems that the only thing that i want is to get the ball in the other area, fast and furious, right?

Wrong!

The team is very quick passing the ball from the defense, using triangulations that are very effective. The WBs and the AMR/L run form deep, destroying the positioning of the defenders, providing more triangulations, and so on until they get the ball into the box. Despite all, sometimes you will loose it and then the hassle opponents comes in hand, as your team will run like crazy guys to get the ball back.

Now the training:

This works if you train it! I have changed the training from attacking to ball control.

I strongly believe that with this tactic, this OI, shouts and training you can play Barca style.

Tested with Man Utd against Chelsea, Lille and Villa. results 2-2, 1-4 and 5-0, but the football played is magnificent

My team: Gea, Jones, Vidic, Walker, Evra, Carrick, Cleverly, kagawa, RVP, Bale, rooney (top scorer of the league)

I will, later in the game, start PPMs in the wingbacks, MCs, AMC and wingers "play at 1st touch" and "play 1 -2s", to get it more fast.

Playing with Awsome tactic by Raikan i find hard to use shouts, but it works well without them. Suggestions?
Hope it will help.

One question,

When u use those shouts, do you change as well the shape of the tactic?

IRL, teams are quite familiar with a few tactics, exemple a 3-5-2 to defend and counter, maybe a 4-4-2 to keep a result and then to go all out attack a 4-2-4.

Can you assign a Shout Combo with a formation type, and then when you go with the shouts that changes automatically to the tactic you've selected for defend or to keep possession of the ball, do you think that it's possible with this edition of FM?

One question,

When u use those shouts, do you change as well the shape of the tactic?

IRL, teams are quite familiar with a few tactics, exemple a 3-5-2 to defend and counter, maybe a 4-4-2 to keep a result and then to go all out attack a 4-2-4.

Can you assign a Shout Combo with a formation type, and then when you go with the shouts that changes automatically to the tactic you've selected for defend or to keep possession of the ball, do you think that it's possible with this edition of FM?

Every time you change your tactic, the shouts reset, so you need to make them again

Its à good starting point but if you tend to use " retain possession" all the time, then you could change the passing to " shorter" in the tactic instead ( and vice versa, " get ball forward" passing set to more direct. Push up - press more, drop deeper- stand off

Its à good starting point but if you tend to use " retain possession" all the time, then you could change the passing to " shorter" in the tactic instead ( and vice versa, " get ball forward" passing set to more direct. Push up - press more, drop deeper- stand off

I use shorter with get the ball forward :D. It works

Didn't get that right m8. Short passing with that shout is the same as the default settings!!??

Get ball forward increases passing, tempo and Width( slightly). If instead changing passing to default, the same settings raises.

This is not the news I wanted to see :/ Hate the shout feature.

Get ball forward increases passing, tempo and Width( slightly). If instead changing passing to default, the same settings raises.

But what i see on the pitch is that the players continue to play short! More fast and with a little more widht, but still short

How do shouts actually work!? What do they do to your team and player settings?
Do the shouts override them?
Ive never believed they do anything?
If I have a tactic with say maxed out width on the team instruction slider and use a shout play narrower I've never seen any difference with the width when watching matches?
Same with retain possession shout and drop deeper the team will still attack in the 93rd minute fully pushed up?

I have a feeling they only work if no sliders team or player are manually adjusted at all, so everything default as it would be using the modern TC is that right?

Or say for example if you have set up a very defensive tactic, low mentality, low creativity how does 'take more risks' effect your team and player instructions, does something happen behind the scene with regards to player settings?

I've always thought they were there to make you feel better, feel more like a manager, and obviously classic tactics don't use them but are equally effective?

Regards

Steve