Mr Hough's Shout Combo It's The Future Thread

Indeed, and doing that doesnt teach you the game, which is why so many people end up frustrated. In all the years of downloading tactics, they have never learnt to actually play the game.

Yeah i agree, It is so simple, I get it all the time over at the SI forums people just don't wanna give it a chance but if they tired it and employed a few simple ideas that i have written here they could make a great tactic in 2 minutes

Mr Hough you're 100% right about people not wanting to try things. For years I've been guilty myself of using other people tactics and not putting in the effort, but this time around i've written my own tactic from scratch and sticking with it, analysing games, tweaking and doing my best to understand what's going wrong and how to fix it,. FM13 is far more realistic in results and performances. I must say though I am struggling with the shouts, nor creating them, but just using them in the games, but I'm going to work it out for myself as it's made good form and results more rewarding when everything is designed by you yourself, not just plugging in and playing.

Mr Hough you're 100% right about people not wanting to try things. For years I've been guilty myself of using other people tactics and not putting in the effort, but this time around i've written my own tactic from scratch and sticking with it, analysing games, tweaking and doing my best to understand what's going wrong and how to fix it,. FM13 is far more realistic in results and performances. I must say though I am struggling with the shouts, nor creating them, but just using them in the games, but I'm going to work it out for myself as it's made good form and results more rewarding when everything is designed by you yourself, not just plugging in and playing.

Thats exactly right, I don't just wanna make tactics i wanna try and say to people look this is how easy it is to do these things now you have a go and try.

What kind of shouts have you been using?

This is b far the best and most helpful thread I have read for this years game. It has certainly opened my eyes to aspects of the game I have overlooked before. Thumbs up mrhough for getting it underway and to mike for those spoilers.

I just need to do some homework now on OI and team talks which I also seem to overlook so any links to explanations for these would be greatly helpful.

I ****** Love this game

I'm playing a 4-1-2-3 formation, attacking mentality, short passing.I use (1) attack shout:- push up higher/run at defence/work ball into box/hassel oponents (2) defensive:- drop deeper/stay on feet/retain possession/stand off opponents (3) possession play:- play out of defence/pass to feet/work ball into box/retain possession. I'm still playing around with shouts, as spent so long on the tactic itself, which is working ok, but still not 100& happy with it, as we either breeze 3 or 4 games in a row then get spanked 4-0, so need to see why that it, maybe the formation I'm playing against. definately prefer the new version as it's making me think a lot more about what I am doing and making it more realistic.

actually finding (for me anyway) that my tactic is more effective without shouts ??. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but either my shouts are giving the wrong messages, or it's conflicting with my tactic. 1st season with Newcastle, stopped using shouts and following that results included beating Athletic Bilbao 4-1(A), Man City 4-1(H), Man Utd 3-1(H), Liverpool 2-2(A), Panathanikos 5-1 (A), Sunderland 5-2 (A).

Could you use counter attacking combos in a attacking attack or would that be counter productive

This is very helpful I've now managed to make my first tactic that I have had good success with just by using different shout combos for different situations.

I have actually bookmarked this thread onto my browser, I have got to say I am very interested in the idea of combo's I'm going to give it a go on the morrow.

OK ladies and Gentlemen here is a little thread/Guide to combo shouts how to use them set them up and what impact they can potentially have on your game.

Some people may know i tend to make tactics in the classic mould but this has proved extremely difficult in this years FM, Not because the ME in broken or that SI are trying to make the classic part of the tactics disappear simply because i used to rely on the 'Bugs' in the ME and in this years FM it's much harder to see/find them.

So i was looking around the Forums and seen the Legendary Fuss's Picture regarding Shouts and the Combos of different Shouts you can use in game, I was instantly amazed and excited by this because i new i had found the key to make a brilliant tactic, Not by spending hours looking for exploits in the ME by tweaking each position but by using the Tools that Si have given us to make out FM experience better.

I Loaded up my Rangers Save that i had just started and set about making some combo shouts, I thought about the situations my team might be in and selected the relative shouts for each one and named the collective group of shouts appropriately, It took me about 5 minutes and the hardest part of it was thinking what to name them.

I had my formation which is a 4-2-3-1 with a Rigid Style and Attacking Philosophy here is a screen shot of my formation i have used for Rangers.

RangersTCformation.jpg

It's completely TC made with no individual changes other than to set the Long Shots of Each Player to Rarely. I have set my shouts up to incorporate just a couple of the in game scenarios that i might face like.

Shout Name Shouts Used

Pressure the Opposition - Push Higher Up - Get Stuck In - Hassle Opposition - Run At Defence

Hold On The/Keep Possession - Play out of defence - Stay On Feet - Pass To Feet - Work Ball Into Box - Retain Possession.

Play Like Barca - Play Out Of Defence - Push Higher Up - Pass to feet - Play Through Defence - Work Ball into Box - Look for Overlap - Retain Possession.

Some Wing Play - Play out of defence - Pass into Space - Play Wider - Run at Defence - Look For Overlap - Get Ball Forward - Exploit The Flanks.

Park The Mini Bus - Drop Deeper - Stay On Feet - Play Narrow - Retain Possession - Stand off Opponents

All Out Attack - Play Out Of Defence - Push Higher Up - Get Stuck In - Play Wider - play through defence - work ball into box - get ball forward - Hassle Opponents - Exploit the Flanks.

There are all the Shouts i have set for my 4-2-3-1 formation, I Mainly use the Play Like Barca and Wing-play.

What i wanna get from a thread/guide like this is that i want us all to help each other, What Formation do you use and what shouts if you use any are working for you, That way we can make some amazing tactics and shout combos in 2 minutes.

There is a lot more information i am going to add over time as i gather more information regarding the Whole Shout System.

Thanks For Reading.
Hi mrhough, they're very handy shouts to use!, I'm using with JP's simple 442 (13.1.3) tactics in the Blue Square Bet North division with FC Halifax, working very well with his tactics!.

@wiltshire_bee all the shouts can also be used as tactics so it can be possible that you found one tactic that doesnt need tweaking to change it up between home and away games, opponents status', form etc, (this doesnt last forever usually)

There is an advantage to using the 'get ball forward' shout instead of the 'directer passing' tactic because the shouts are way more flexible.

It could be worth it to change some parts of your tactic to default and then forming a group of shouts that will change it to the way it is right now. That way you can also make other groups of shouts easier which you may need in the future when your teams status changes and teams adapt differently.

Just a thought though i am no pro, anyone agree/disagree?

Some questions MrHough:

What effect do shouts have to players being used to a tactic? If i play attacking direct passing and wide and i use shouts to retain ball, take a breather, and play narrower doesnt that mean my players arent used to this and thus will function slightly worse?

If not then there seem to be only pros to using shouts and it seems using a tactic with everything set to default but using different scout combos to be the best.

We already have different groups for different styles but what is the use of the tactic now?

Basically if i can use a shout to switch between short, direct, long passing then why would i ever need to set the tactic to direct?

I hope i didnt overlook something simple :p

sdbrook can You write what shouts You use to JP's 442 tactic?
It depends on opposition formation & tactics, also score during game & time left in the game!. I mainly use play like Barca & keep possession?, but use most of them during game!.

and You nothing changed in the tactics settings?
That's quite obvious that you use shout - play like Barca (use attack or control), shout - keep possession (use control), shout - all out attack (use overload), shout - some wing play (attack), shout park the mini bus (use defensive) and shout pressure the opposition (use standard). Don't forget I'm using JP's simple 4-4-2 tactic, I've download it from JP Woody.

I remember, but I'm asking because I also use this tactic and even use shouts my results are not good

Excellent stuff. I quite like this as a combination: Drop Deeper - Retain Possession - Pass into Space.

Draws a side onto you, you patiently move the ball around as they try to press you, and as soon as space opens up you unleash a split pass into the gap.

I love this shout :) So simple and so effective