mrhough

Reaction score
I have Decided to call this Tactic the ‘Swarm’ Tactic because that’s what it does to the opposition swarms there 30 yard area with some of the best attacking play I have ever created in a tactic, Seriously it’s beautiful to watch

A lot of you that follow my thread will already know that I have had some problems with the Defence of this particular tactic and the fact that I have ‘Rebuilt’ the tactic in the TC on purpose so I can use the ‘Rigid’ Philosophy, This Philosophy is key to the tactic staying in shape and it being as stable as possible in defence.

I have tested this tactic in English Leagues only, With Tottenham Middlesbrough and Lastly Huddersfield, I have had success with all of the Tests going unbeaten in all 3 tests ranging from 18 games to 10 games on each test

I would suggest in having fast defenders, I know that’s given but it does help if they can cover ground quickly

The 2 midfield positions are key to the tactic being stable I honestly think – You can if you want move the CM’s into the DM position, This will not take anything away from the attacking play but It will stop the CM’s going forward hence making the tactic more stable at the back because of the cover the DM’s will provide, you could have 1 DM and 1 CM or you could just leave it as it is. If I where to give some advice about this though is that look at the opposition if you feel that you might need the extra cover in midfield move both back if your not sure move 1 back or if you think that you will OK and win comfortably leave it as is, The CM’s being left in the position will provide added attacking options for the wingers and strikers but use it wisely, Other good attacking teams can counter that’s why I suggest you ***** the situation first.

Wingers and Strikers have blown me away, From top players that Tottenham posses to the not so skilled players of Middlesbrough and Huddersfield, They play with the same attacking intent that is a joy to watch but even better to know that I have created this attacking play that seems to go with each team I manage which is brilliant for you as you lot seem to manage all sorts of different teams.

I have set up corners with them in swinging into the near post for the left central defender to attack the ball at the near post

I have set my Match Prep High with Focus on Team Work

I haven’t been using any Training just the default one

Team talks I have been leaving to my Assistant Manager

Pitch Size is Medium

Don’t use Opposition Instructions

I am over the moon with this tactic and i really don't think i could make it any better

Don't forget to Add me on Facebook, I'm on alot and generally help people out problems http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=723618006

Here is the all important download link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uyq47qbyl4l3yzw

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20944...ep+2011%29.tac

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/89344184/file.html

All comments positive/Negative welcome

Dave

When there is a Mr Hough in the title that means must download. Gonna try it with City... i'm just in the pre-season.

Cool. i need a decent attacking 442. recommended line up with ur tottenham team to let us know what sort of side your putting out, two midfielders ala parker and huddlestone or modric and van der vaart?

Your 11.2 4-1-2-3 tactic brought my Bournemouth team the world club cup in fm11 and was solely responsible for an amazing run in the first half of a season with Portsmouth before I went for a change. Now majorly struggling in the Prem so will give this a go, see if it can stave off relegation.

seems to be working brilliantly already with my boro side hough, started using at about 1/4 of the way into my first season in which ive already been struggling so obviously the familiarity levels are very low yet my first 3 games have been a 3-2 away win at birmingham which is always a very hard game, drew 2-2 away to cardiff and just thrashed west ham 6-1 at home. Appears to be a great tactic and will be even better once the team are familiar with it, thanks!

Hey there. Can't download and try this right now but Im wondering about the striker roles? how are they set up?

looks 2 advanced forward mate, 1 just running from slightly deeper than the other.

Cool. i need a decent attacking 442. recommended line up with ur tottenham team to let us know what sort of side your putting out, two midfielders ala parker and huddlestone or modric and van der vaart?

Parker/Huddlestone and modric/Huddlestone in Midfield, On the wings i had Lennon injured for ages so i was player VDV on the right and Rotated between Bale and Modric on the Left

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Hey there. Can't download and try this right now but Im wondering about the striker roles? how are they set up?

Strikers are set up the same Apart from the Left Striker has 2 notches lower mentality and he roams from position

Cheers, i got Andros Townsend and Lee Croft on the wings for my FC United team at the min, Niemly just hit 4 in the first game with this tactic though. Galrain in my San Marino (Serie C2) hit 3 ^_^

Have used your tactics in the past and had lots of success, so when I saw this thread my ears perked up. I tend to manage lower league teams normally in the BSP, BSN or BSS.

I'll get my players used to the tactic and provide feedback at the end of the season. Will be interesting to see how it works in the bottom leagues.

Greatful for the hard work you have put into this :)

O'loving this between the two teams i've stuck this with.

San marino P3 W3 F13 A 1
FC United P3 W3 F11 A 0

Concedes far too many goals for me..

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Might try playing with 2 DM's

Concedes far too many goals for me..

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Might try playing with 2 DM's

Read the OP throughly, Regarding the Midfield, If you feel the Opposition are over running the midfield and creating to many chances move the Midfielders back to DM position, This will help massivly to keep control of the midfield

hey dave, thanks for ur tactics! been falling in love with ur creations... will try it out with my new fm game... :)
so glad to see ur tactics up...

Testing mc and dmc positions

I agree - a Mr Hough tactic is a must have!

Therefore I decided to test it.
I picked QPR.

TEST~

I found the whole debate concerning the Dmc and Mc positions quite interesting, so I ran some few test.
I tried the three combinations (2 DMCs, 1 DMC/1 MC and 2 MCs) vs Liverpool in a match at Anfield:
The following screen shots may not make any sense to you, cus I'm danish...

2 DMCs
View attachment 200665
Score: 5-0
CCCs: 7-0
(maybe unlucky)

1 DMC/1 MC

View attachment 200666
Score: 2-3
CCCs: 4-3
(maybe lucky)

2 MCs
View attachment 200668
Score: 1-1
CCCs: 1-1
(maybe lucky)

Conclusion

This is not the only match I've tried the different combinations (but the only one I made the screen shots for).
Generally it's the same pattern.
IMO the two dmcs don't give the solid defense. It just seems that I let the opposition take control of the midfield.
I most of time use the combination of 1 DMC/1 MC, because I fell it provides a descent defense and an acceptable attack.

I am France and today I just won the European Championship, the greatest highlight of the championship was a 8-1 win against the world number 1 Holland in the group stage, unbeaten in every stage. Also beating England 4-1.

I also took the job as the NEC manager in Holland, just to see how this tactic will provide with that team.

727x4hn.jpg

Yo Mr Hough. So chuffed i have found a tactic for fm2012 with your name to it ! Couple of questions though if you dont mind.
Other years you have had certain attributes for certain positions as you had different positions set up differently. I.e. is one of the cb's a covering one, does he need to be faster ? also is the a deep lying forward out of the 2 ? Also do you have an search list/attribute list for coaches in different categories ie. what attributes should an attcking coach need to get the best one ?
Your help is very very much appreciated, without your tacticts i dont think i could enjoy this game ! Thanks.