Cheers but managing nicely with only a handful on newbies

below is my Champions league kick off

View attachment 64289

Guess Celtic should have a pretty good squad anyway. Get your scouts out there looking for players all the time, as they normally unearth some potential stars for the future.

nice result, i'm still trying to get into Europe with my Blackpool side, and 4th in the premier league a 3rd of the way through the season, so here's hoping.

good luck.

i dunno if this has gone for you guys but mr hough's tactic only goes good for me if i have 3 decent strikers upfront. ( i dont use corner glitch, kinda dumb )

this is the best tactic ever!, ive been using it for 5 seasons and ive won 4 prem league, 2 champs leagues and some fa cups and league cups and comm shields.
LOVE IT!

It runs good for me, too. I've won the CL lately, the European Super Cup, I'm 1st in the German Bundesliga, all with Stuttgart.
With Paraguay I'm 1st in the WCQ actually, beaten Argentinia last game.

In my actual game against Wolfsburg away I'm lossing ultimately while my CBs are struggling against Martins and Quintero (seem to be much to fast against Delpierre and Boulahrouz), but maybe I should use the OI as it's posted in the description (using the latest version of the tactic)

Edit:
I've now won the last games against weaker teams like Freiburg or Kiev in CL, but actually I'm playing against Benfica and I wonder how f***** up my team is playing. In the front, Dzeko, Milevskyi and Nani playing, they aren't scoring. I mean, come on, Dzeko alone has about 10-15 chances a game and regularly he makes 1 or not a single one. Milevskyi and Nani doing same as Dzeko.

Last season I won the quintruple (League, DFB-Cup, CL, Eur. Super Cup, Club WM) with players who weren't fitting to the system like the ones I have now, but they've played better and successfullier.

I've bought Arbeloa for the LFB position, he's doing well so far. My RFB is Echagüe (don't know if he's always in game) who's a wonderkid and more or less my best player and doing a good job over the seasons.

In the center defense, I've Delpierre and Boulahrouz in the main team, Burdisso and Britéz (a player I've trained) and Tasci for substitution, they're doing okay or better, but more than usual they get overrun by the opponent forward.

My new Goalkeeper is Rene Adler, I've got him for free and he's more or less okay, better then Enke before despite he hasn't the perfect attributes for this system.

In the DM Khedira plays mostly, like the last seasons.

In the CM Kuzmanovic and Gourcuff are playing mostly, they are ok while Kuzmanovic isn't the best for this system. For sub I have Ivan Caputo (from a youth from Italy) and Patricio Rodriguez who is a wonderkid, too.

In the front, like I said, I have Milevskyi in the center and Jô (and Obertan) for sub. The wide strikers are Nani, Suaréz, Vela and Dzeko.
All of them are PLAYING good, but not even Dzeko scores often, especially against bigger teams (and I think Benfica shouldn't be the hardest opponent, if I can beat Barca, ManU and Arsenal in the CL-Finals).

For the team talks I use the ones from the thread at the SI board. They're doing well so far, I doin't have any complacant player at all in most games, but anyhow they're playing and shooting like this and wondering then, why they don't score anytime.

It's frustrating.

Any hints what I could do? Maybe testing the classic tactic? Buying other players?

I will sell Obertan at the half of the season I think, because he was a transfer for another system I've played before, but the rest should do their job I think...

Last edited:
Thanks Mr Hough for this awesome tactic. I have tried and failed for so long for a tactic that works but this is the business.
I took Swansea City to the premiership within 2 seasons and won the premiership 2 seasons later. Man United wantet me and i have won the league 5 years running and just completed the Quadruple !
Couple of questions if i may.
1, Where can i download your latest version of this (the one you uploaded a couple of days ago)
2, Have you one available with wingers ?
Have you any players you can recomend from 2013 onwards.
I picked up some great players initially cheap. Players like Lukaku, Sanogo, Kroos, Otamendi Akinfeev etc but the best player i bought was Mario Ballotelli.
My best 11 is :
Akinfeev
Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra
Sandro
Fletcher, Kroos
Sanogo, Rooney, Ballotelli.

This tactic is really superb and efficient since the first game. Congrats on creating this pearl. :)

One question though, the first time I used it, 5 players of mine got injured but fortunately only 3 needed to be subbed. It comes and goes, right now I have 8 injured players out of the last 2 matches.
I tried reducing the intensity of training (Tuggs Training), rotating the squad and even checked if some are injury prone...but nothing.

So I wonder, is this tactic so physically demanding that it can happen from time to time?
Is anyone experiecing the same?

This tactic is really superb and efficient since the first game. Congrats on creating this pearl. :)

One question though, the first time I used it, 5 players of mine got injured but fortunately only 3 needed to be subbed. It comes and goes, right now I have 8 injured players out of the last 2 matches.
I tried reducing the intensity of training (Tuggs Training), rotating the squad and even checked if some are injury prone...but nothing.

So I wonder, is this tactic so physically demanding that it can happen from time to time?
Is anyone experiecing the same?

Funnilt enough yes !!!
I am in my 6th season with this tactic and have had the odd injury but this season has been unreal ! Fletcher broke his leg, Sanogo broke his leg, Balotelli dislocated his shoulder and a couple of others have torn calf and groin muscles ! MY squad is down to the bare bones !

If I download this, will it come into existence in a game in the 3rd season, or do I need to start again?

No, you can use it in an actual game without any problem. May it needs some games to show it's full beauty

Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3 for 10.3 Final. (Everton, Oct 2009).tac

Can any1 upload this tactic?? thanks

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Can any1 reupload this tactic? Coz link is fake.

Just tried out this tactic with Everton. James Vaughan was awesome! only signed mahammod diarra who hardly played. won the premier league and the uefa cup comfortably. Just started my 2nd season, beat tottenham in community shield and beat chelsea in super cup :)

Last edited:
Still the best tactic i have used in FM10.

TBH's narrow diamond comes 2nd(could have pushed for 1st if results were as good as performances)

Is there a link for the latest version of this tactic?

Use the "classic" version in the very first post, trust me!

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:19 AM ----------

Came 3rd 1st season with West Ham and won it by 9 points in the 2nd season.

Thanks again MrHough for letting me get one over on this terrible game, i did'nt even use the corner cheat. (H)

I tried it 1 season with FC Utrecht in the Eredivisie. Europa League I was knocked out in the first round and in the Eredivisie I was 1st!!!! And I lost in the final 1-0 against Ajax.

Just to update

My West Ham save

Season 1

3rd in EPL - C Cup QTR F - FA Cup Final

Season 2

1st in EPL - CL QTR F - FA Cup QTR

Season 3

1st in EPL - CL winners - C Cup Winners - FA Cup semi

I'll probably make this my last save, if not, i might have a go bringing Leeds into the EPL.