Spanish league

Are you using the "Classic" tactic mate? personally i have no problems against a 4-4-2, in fact its probably one of my favourites to play against.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:14 PM ----------

I'm in season 4 now and having only lost 4 games in total in two seasons in the EPL, i was looking forward to another succesful season.

Unbeaten at home in two seasons our first game was against Everton

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We took just 6 points out of all the above games(a possible 27) and we stand at Won 11 Drew 6 Lost 3 despite never being outplayed.

Meanwhile, Arsenal and Man City have been on the end of some hidings, yet are coming out of game after game with the 3 points???

This is when FM becomes a chore, as the only way the AI can continue to compete is to come up with all these ridiculous matches.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Just to add, i have been keeping tight control of our budgets, but after what went on in the first half of the season, i decided to splash out and bought Pato(£40M upfront and £20M over 48 months) prior to that i would not pay over £20M for ANY player.

He's fully fit and at 100%, i put him in for his 1st match and he picks up a knock within minutes forcing me to substitute him, despite not having picked up a single solitary injury in 2 years. :S

why does this tactic fail at the back end of a season its happened twice now any help?

I think it is because then all the other teams know your tactic so you have to change. Maybe pick for the second half of the season Mr. Hough's 10.3 wingers tactic.

Got ourselves back within 3 or 4 points of Man City and Arsenal at the top, then these...

Whats worse is watching the games and witnessing how many times my strikers are put through, only to see their 1st touch bounce off them and back to the keeper, or we are 2 on 1 going forward and my striker literally NEVER finding the easy pass.

The very worst though is looking at the City and Arsenal matches and seeing them get outplayed yet still pile up the wins.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

It happens in the FA Cup too.........

Hey fella's, had to post this, was going to start a new thread in the General Forum, but i'm sure it would be closed immediately and as has happened on three of the mainstream FM sites, i would have found myself banned.

I started a game as Celtic boss, it was just something different to try and my sole aim was to try to make them a force in Europe.

Now this is actually not the match i'm complaining about, but its worth a mention. We got Shakhtar in the best placed play off, with the first game at home, we drew the first leg 1-1 in a tight game, but in the 2nd leg we were well on top and then they got a player sent off.

Suddenly we were 2-0 down inside a couple of minutes, it was as if WE had gone a man down??? i've noticed this a lot in FM10 and its utterly ridiculous, anyway, like i said, this is not the game this post is really about.

Of course in the SPL there are just two teams that are ever going to really challenge, Celtic and Rangers. Now whilst i went through pre-season i could'nt help but notice the injuries piling up in what was already a very small Rangers squad. Key players like Kris Boyd out for 3 months and at the start of the season they had just 9 players in the first team squad that did'nt have some kind of injury.

Of course i'm dumb enough to think that this would give us an early advantage, because of course FM had other plans.

Rangers continued to win early on despite their shocking injury table and now it was time for us to play them at Ibrox.

I decided to take a screenshot of the Rangers 1st team squad before the game and in hindsight i should also have taken one of my own squad which was 99% fit and raring to go, anyway here is the Rangers squad before the game.

Here are the stats from the game....

Now, what adds even more to the ridiculousness, is that although Rangers DID have 4 ccc's, two of their goals came from rebounds from what was already initially ccc's, so its not like they could have scored 4 goals from ccc's alone.

As some are i'm sure aware, i have been campaigning for years that SI do the right thing and stop this pretence that the AI does not manufacture such results to keep the game challenging, like i've said i have been banned from probably the biggest 3 FM Forums for challenging these blatant lies.

Of course after all this time its impossible for SI to ever come clean, as they would be ripped to shreds after years of ridiculous denial.

About 3 years ago, wwfan(who i'm sure many of you know) promised that SI were going to improve the ME so much so, that these kinds of games would become largely a thing of the past, so what happened? well firstly he defected to SI and since has started to produce the exact same excuses that SI have been giving for years, stating that it only happens when you play the game a certain way, although i proved him wrong when i used his very own tactic sets with the very same outcome, to which he said "well you can't be using them right" Hahahaha...........

I even got an e-mail once from an ex employee that admitted that my assumptions were correct, but also pointed out that being an EX employee, SI could easily defend this by stating that he was simply a disgruntled ex employee.

I even went as far as contacting a computer whizz, who in no uncertain terms told me that he would be very suprised if the game DID NOT have some kind of program that would indeed be installed for the very purpose of maintaining a challenging game and that such a program would be easy to invent.

I just wish SI would either stop lying or make a game that is worthy of all the promises they have made us over the years.

Looking forward to FM11? i'm not!

Hey fella's, had to post this, was going to start a new thread in the General Forum, but i'm sure it would be closed immediately and as has happened on three of the mainstream FM sites, i would have found myself banned.

Looking forward to FM11? i'm not!

Post your thoughts in here (the privide link)...once....and not 6, 8 or 15 times. As I wrote in a pm to you earlier, nobody likes a grumpy face ;)

I do agree with you on the 10 men issue. It seems like their is something wrong with the weighting of the variables determining whether a team gets more determined to get a result with ten men versus the 11 men team getting complacent. Goes both ways though..

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f71/post-your-frustrations-t22565.html

Last edited:
Which is the better of Mr Hough's tactics? I'm having trouble finding the right formula even when giving 10 matches for the players to adapt to the tactics.

i use the GCS 1 with notts county got promotion then i left um 4th in league 1 went to wigan still using them and got them 6th in the premn fa cup final so i would advise using the GCS BETA

anyone help with this I cant find this tactic anywhere?