That Sicilian Defence V5 is simply amazing !

Yes ... Sicilian Defense V5 is the best tactic this year :) But the problem with Sicilian Defense are Defensive Midfielders ... i think lot of people dont like to play with 2 defensive midfielders and lot of people need to rebuild his squad for this tactic ...

Yeap mate but I enjoy playing with 2 DM. They are like a castle for me. I can't believe how this tactic is underrated. 8-|

Yes ... Sicilian Defense V5 is the best tactic this year :) But the problem with Sicilian Defense are Defensive Midfielders ... i think lot of people dont like to play with 2 defensive midfielders and lot of people need to rebuild his squad for this tactic ...

Last edited:
Yeap mate but I enjoy playing with 2 DM. They are like a castle for me. I can't believe how this tactic is underrated. 8-|

Ehh i forgot Winning Tactical Formula from Zyndar ... :) These 2 tactics are the best this year :) Sicilian Defense V5 and Winning Tactical Formula WTF :) but All The Best Tactics this year are based on Crossing , so lot of goals from crosses :)
4-4-2 Formation is the Match Engine Killer this year ... its 100% :)

Last edited:
I'm thinking same with you bro. But with my respect to WTF I personally choose Sicilian Defense |)

Ehh i forgot Winning Tactical Formula from Zyndar ... :) These 2 tactics are the best this year :) Sicilian Defense V5 and Winning Tactical Formula WTF :) but All The Best Tactics this year are based on Crossing , so lot of goals from crosses :)

I have 2 good crosser at ML and MR they're making assist for fun

Would Coutinho be a good LM? He has fairly good rating for left food?

I'll start by saying that this tactic is by far the beste that I've tried so fra in FM 2016.
I've tried TFF's tactics and I had great success, but this one is special. Why am I saying this? Because I tested only with Steaua Bucharest and I had a lot of success both in domestic competitions and in UCL of course.
But as someone smarter than me said "one image worths 1000 words" I'll post some screenshots.
View attachment 127033View attachment 127031View attachment 127030View attachment 127029View attachment 127028View attachment 127027View attachment 127026View attachment 127025View attachment 127024View attachment 127023
Conclusion
I won 2 times in a row each of the following: Romanian First League, Romanian Cup, Romanian League Cup and Romanian Supercup - which is not a big suprise, but the manner is.
The main reason that I said this tactic is the best are the results in UCL: I managed to pass the groups in the first year and to qualify in the quarter-finals of UCL using almost only romanians players.

I'll start by saying that this tactic is by far the beste that I've tried so fra in FM 2016.
I've tried TFF's tactics and I had great success, but this one is special. Why am I saying this? Because I tested only with Steaua Bucharest and I had a lot of success both in domestic competitions and in UCL of course.
But as someone smarter than me said "one image worths 1000 words" I'll post some screenshots.
View attachment 1078865View attachment 1078867View attachment 1078868View attachment 1078869View attachment 1078870View attachment 1078871View attachment 1078872View attachment 1078873View attachment 1078874View attachment 1078875
Conclusion
I won 2 times in a row each of the following: Romanian First League, Romanian Cup, Romanian League Cup and Romanian Supercup - which is not a big suprise, but the manner is.
The main reason that I said this tactic is the best are the results in UCL: I managed to pass the groups in the first year and to qualify in the quarter-finals of UCL using almost only romanians players.

hi

which tactic?

cheers

I'd say winning Romanian League isn't a big achievement because it's the weakest league in Europe, try to win the EPL or LIGA BBVA with a mid table team and only then you can say something about a tactic
You try to pass CL group with a team in Romania using only Romanian players

I'd say winning Romanian League isn't a big achievement because it's the weakest league in Europe, try to win the EPL or LIGA BBVA with a mid table team and only then you can say something about a tactic
if Romanian League is the worst in Europe (which by the way I agree with you) then just imagine how good is this tactic as I had the following results in UCL using mainly romanian players:
View attachment 126992View attachment 126991View attachment 126990
For example, this is how my team looks like in the 3rd season:
View attachment 126989 I still have 5 players that are actually in real time in Steaua's team.

I see that you had only 4 strong opponents in CL (Atletico, Man City, Dortmund and PSG)

You played 12 matches vs them and got 8 loses and 4 wins, at your screenshots I see that your wins were pure luck(by looking at the match stats) because you got dominated badly.

As I said it looks ridiculous to me that someone makes any conclusion about the tactic's quality that he uses only after few lucky wins in matches where he got dominated badly.

In this game everything might happen and you can even win Barcelona with the worst tactic and with the weakest team but when you look at the match stats you always can say it was pure luck or not.

Anyway, there's no point in arguing further because it's obvious that we have different approaches to the game, I might say something good about a tactic only after I saw that I dominated the best clubs in the game with it and not just for few matches.

I don't say that this tactic is bad or good, I just say that making conclusion about tactic's quality after few lucky wins where you got dominated badly is a bit noobish becasue it's obvious by looking at the match stats that your wins were pure luck . ;)
Now I know why you are named potato head :)))))) I'll repost the screenshots for you and tzahy (no 1 fan of TFF) to see again the stats that I had playing against 3 far better than me teams in 4 matches:
View attachment 126982 Benfica - Steaua 0-0, man of the match: Julio Cesar (their gk),shots: 9-9, on target 0-3, Possesion: 41%-59%
View attachment 126981Steaua - Atletico 2-1, man of the match: Ciprian Marica, shots 11-16, on target: 5-6, possession: 54%-46%
View attachment 126980Steaua - Atletico 3-0, man of the match: lovre Kalinic (my gk), shots: 17-13, on target: 5-7, possession: 61%-39%
View attachment 126979Steaua - Borussia Dortmund 4-2, man of the match: Coman, shots: 9-16, on target: 7-5, possesion: 50%-50%

Where is that "badly domination"?!? You realize what you are writing? You're speaking about lucky wins in 3 seasons?!? Look again at the stats... I had at least 5 shots on goal against every opponent and better possession in almost all the games!
Believe me: it's the best tactic on this site! better than all TFF's tactics together!
Since I bought the game I have never experienced such good results against way stronger opponents using mostly romanians players.
PS Atletico and PSG both reached the final of UCL in the seasons that I played against them....
View attachment 126978

A piece of advice: don't use your potato, use your brain! What is obvious it's obvious!

Here are the stats against PSG:
View attachment 126977View attachment 126976

Last edited:
Shtazian, let's look at the facts... you haven't achieved anything with this tactic:

1) You haven't won any of the most channeling leagues in the game like English Premier League or Liga BBVA, these league have 5 starts rating in the game(it indicates that these leagues are the most challenging leagues)

2) You haven't won Champions League or Euro Cup

3) You haven't won FIFA World Cup or UEFA Euro CUP

As I said you haven't achieved anything serious in this game with this tactic and the only what you have is 14 matches vs teams that are stronger than your team where you lost 7 matches, draw 2 matches and won 5 matches and if you look at the stats of the matches that you won then you'll see that it was pure luck because you got dominated badly by your opponents, they had 2-3 times more shots than your team or your opponents had a red card, there's only 1 home match vs Benfica where your team had more shots.

As I said in this game everything might happen and you can even win Barcelona with the worst tactic and with the weakest team but when you look at the match stats you always can say it was pure luck or not.

Also, you haven't used this tactic vs the best teams in the game like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, Bayern, Juventus, Chelsea, Man Utd and some other... You'll be surprised how everything might turn around when you start using your tactic in the most challenging competitions after you got success with it in the low reputation competitions.

Now I understand that I shouldn't started this discussion because it's obvious that we have very different approaches to the game, to me it looks anecdotal when someone says that he found the best tactic after few lucky wins vs average European club where he got dominated badly and plus in some matches the opposition teams had a red card.

Anyway, as I said it's obvious that we have different approaches to the game and any further arguing is pointless.

Good luck.

P.S. Once more, I want to stress that I don't say that this tactic is bad or good and I respect Mr.L work and my discussion with Shtazia isn't about quality of this tactic.

I swear it is my final comment on this issue! Man, Have even looked at the screenshots that I posted on the previous page?
I'll analyze 5 "lucky" matches against Benfica, Atletico, Borussia Dortmund and PSG:
The average stats for these 5 games:
Steaua vs Benfica, Atletico, Borussia and PSG:
Goals: 2 vs. 0.6
Shots: 12.4 vs. 12.8
On target: 4.6 vs. 4.2
Possession: 55.6% vs. 43%
4 WINS and 1 DRAW !!!
Where the f................ck is that "badly dominantiona"?!? Are you f.............ing blind?!?
We are talking here about a team from the weakest league in Europe versus teams from the best 5 leagues in Europe.
I had 4 lucky wins ?!? LOOK AT THE STATS !!!

Another 2 "lucky" wins in the 3rd season:
View attachment 126960View attachment 126959View attachment 126957
View attachment 126956View attachment 126955View attachment 126954

Just look at the stats, otherwise you're just continuing to make a foul aout of yourself.

PS2: I don't want to try this tactic in the better leagues (at least for the moment) because it will become boring to win UCL in the first or second season. My goal is to win this competition with Steaua using mostly romanians players...

IT'S BY FAR THE BEST TACTIC IN FM 2016 !!!

Hey,

I'm trying the tactic with Everton, the 1st season and getting very mixed results :(

Any thought what might go wrong?

ev11.png

ev22.png

As far as I know Everton has around 50 mil transfer budget. The most important positions are the Wide Midfielders as they provide and score loads of goals. The key stats for this players are acceleration, crossing and finishing.
Brian Oviedo and Aaron Lennon are not suitable for this positions as they have poor finishing. Sell them and buy Tom Ince for LM and Henri Lansbury for RM. Also train Barkley for the F9 position and use him near Lukaku.
Lastly, it's possible that Lukaku might not play so well as a F9 - he is very strong and tall and he is better as Target Man. If I were you, I would sell him and buy Saido Berahino and I would play the following formation:
STCR - Saido Berahino
STCL - Ross Barkley

MR - Henri Lansbury
ML - Tom Ince

DMCR - James McCarthy
DMCL - Gareth Barry

DR - Seamus Coleman
DCR - Jagielka
DCL - Funes Mori
DL - Leighton Baines

GK - Stekelenburg

Don't forget about OI and match training. Also the morale and the fluidity of the tactic are crucial !!!

PS I'm a Liverpool fan so I hope you'll win all the matches except those against Liverpool :)

I gave the tactic a go with R. Sociedad(pred. 9th) and the season started quite nicely, I won almost all friendly matches and home match vs Deportivo 3 – 1 but then my good results evaporated and I had a losing streak until away match vs Barcelona then it picked up for few matches(I even managed to win Barcelona) but then everything turnet into a mess again and right now I'm on I am on the verge of being fired :(

I really don't understand why this tactic doesn't work for me... the defense looks very leaky... How can I improve it?

Thanks for any help.

RS2.png

rs1.png

As I said above, the Wide Midfielders are the most important for this tactic.
Use Vela as a ML and Juanmi as RM, train Canales as F9 and sign Di Natale for free.

STCR - Canales
STCL - Di Natale

MR - Juanmi
ML - Vela

Again, don't forget about the following things: opposition instructions, match training, fluidity and morale.

Following the "lucky" results I was appointed as Romania manager. First match a friendly against Malta won 7-0. I won't post screenshots because the haters will say that is a weak opponent. The second match, a friendly too:
View attachment 126903View attachment 126902View attachment 126901

Haters will hate no matter what you do 'cause this is what they do :))))))))

Congratulations for the creator of the best tactic on FM16!

Last edited: