Resource icon

MRCX 4-1-4-1 Double Mezzala - The Return of the King

Good tactic
how take the corners ?

I believe the set pieces are included in the tactic, are they not?
Either way, the important stuff with the attacking corners included is the following:
Right footed taker on the left, left footed taker on the right, the corners are going near post.
You obviously want to go for height and aerial ability in the box, especially on the following positions:
- Attack near post (this was Varane for me)
- Mark Keeper (Ronaldo)
- Attack far post (Pogba)

You can play around with the others a bit and I will too for some of my upcoming tactics. I put Maguire on "go forward" at the near post as well in order to reinforce that area and strenghten the aerial threat/account for slight inaccuracy at corners, but as you can see he didn't exactly score a lot. I will evaluate whether his presence there is still important. You'd assume so, considering he certainly draws a defender away from Varane.

As you can see, I also opted for 2 players on stay back, one of which should have some defensive ability. It might be worth switching the DM with the DR on my attacking corners right in the case of United, as it would put the physical presence of Tominay in the box while having the quick AWB at the back. That said, I will still evaluate whether a taller player on the line will result in more disallowed goals, that's something you can look out for as well.

Have a nice day!

1635075710445870207730725513681.jpg

Good win for me there against Portugal

Anyone else experiering a high amount of Red Cards for the wide players using this?
Had 3 reds in 10 games in my Newcastle save. I dont think I got that many in my entire FM21 Career

Anyone else experiering a high amount of Red Cards for the wide players using this?
Had 3 reds in 10 games in my Newcastle save. I dont think I got that many in my entire FM21 Career

Seems odd. When testing, I got 3 red cards over the course of the season (all comps, 56 matches). Now that number isn't low, but I deemed it acceptable.
The players who got sent off were Dalot, Bruno Fernandes and AWB - so 2 fullbacks and a central player.
You could check if your players have bad discipline/temperament. If it keeps going that way, I'd suggest you take off "get stuck in", or maybe just ease the "tackle harder" on the players conceding the cards. It does make your pressing a bit worse, but the tactic should still be successful overall.

Great tactic tested it on my channel -