Murray loses at U.S Open 3rd round

Will Andy Murray win a Grand Slam in his Career?

• Yes, He is only 23 and has great potential

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No, He is a bottler and won't be able to handle it

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
what about players like Nadal and Soderling. Tennis is becoming more about winners and the ability of a player to hit those winners time and time again, which murray has not got. I am goiong to make a bold statement, Murray will never win a grand slam which has Nadal, Federer, soderling and Djokovic in it, it will take all off those to be injured for him to win one.

You have obviously not seen Murray play enough to know whether he has the ability to hit winners time after time or not. If you have your pathetic reasons for not liking Murray then that is up to you. But clearly you havent actually watched him play in the last two years based on what you have said. Also you seem to think you have psychic powers that can predict the future. :S

You have obviously not seen Murray play enough to know whether he has the ability to hit winners time after time or not. If you have your pathetic reasons for not liking Murray then that is up to you. But clearly you havent actually watched him play in the last two years based on what you have said. Also you seem to think you have psychic powers that can predict the future. :S

I have watched Murray time and time again, as i said earlier he leaves his best tennis behind him on grandslams.

it is called a ******* prediction we all make them. Mine might be wrong but i would not of made it if i thought it would be.

I have watched Murray time and time again, as i said earlier he leaves his best tennis behind him on grandslams.

it is called a ******* prediction we all make them. Mine might be wrong but i would not of made it if i thought it would be.

The fact that he has been to two finals and that the quality of tennis at the grand slams might actually be tougher is irrelevant to you then? Just because he doesnt get to the final of every one he plays doesnt mean that he will never win one.

What I love is how he switches from Brittish to Scottish depending on form.

Personally i'm not supirsed by this too much, to me he looks fairly average as of late. I don't know what the problem is, personal, physical or just luck but he looks a different player now.

Personally i'm not supirsed by this too much, to me he looks fairly average as of late. I don't know what the problem is, personal, physical or just luck but he looks a different player now.

I wouldn't say that as he did win The Toronto Masters about 3 weeks ago in which he beat Nalbandian (who had won 14 straight matches), Nadal and then Federer.

Average of late? He won the US Open Series in build up to the US Open. If thats average you must have pretty high standards...

Well done guys, you've managed to point out the fact he is world number 4 - now unless everyone here has short term memory loss, wasn't Henman world number 4? Oh and wasn't he an amazing player........

Britain have a knack of producing sports personalities who bottle it at big tournaments or in finals/ semi-finals, it's a fact. I wouldn't waste my breath trying to defend Murray because at the end of the day he thinks he is a lot better than he is, purely because he's really the only decent British tennis player ever.

Meh, I've just seen this thread so I'll give my cent's worth...

To all those (ryan?) who call Murray ****, you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. The guy's at least top 5 in the world, and at his peak can beat almost anyone, except an in form federer and nadal. To call him **** is just moronic, he's a great tennis player and can produce some of the best shots on the circuit.

As to the apparent 'moody jock', have any of you actually spoken to him? I've had the pleasure of having a hit with him before the Scottish championships (I was 12 haha) and he seemed like a decent guy, considering he'd gone out of his way to play for a while with me, for no benefit to him. You're judging him by how he appears in the media, which to my mind looks like a shy person not fully accustomed to the ways of the press, unlike Federer.

I also can't believe people are writing him off already. He's got his peak ahead of him, and he's already made it to 2 grand slam finals, and the latter stages of quite a few slams. Losing in the third round due to some physical problem doesn't mean you'll never reach your peak again. As to why he lost in the final, I think the first time in the US Open he choked due to the occasion. In the Aussie Open he was just beaten by the better player, and there wasn't much he could do against Federer in that form.

I think he needs to make improvements to win a grand slam for sure, but it is possible. I think he needs to be more aggressive and play closer to the baseline. It would help him overcome weaker players in shorter times (like nadal and federer have mastered) and give him more time to relax for the second week. He's got the ability to beat the top players, he just needs to settle with a coach and work on his tactics.

As for who I think will win the US Open? I think the winner of Federer - Soderling will play Nadal in the final. My money's on Nadal, but I'd like to see Soderling win a Slam. Melzer should be a tough test for Federer too.

Well done guys, you've managed to point out the fact he is world number 4 - now unless everyone here has short term memory loss, wasn't Henman world number 4? Oh and wasn't he an amazing player........

Britain have a knack of producing sports personalities who bottle it at big tournaments or in finals/ semi-finals, it's a fact. I wouldn't waste my breath trying to defend Murray because at the end of the day he thinks he is a lot better than he is, purely because he's really the only decent British tennis player ever.

was Henman world number 4 at the age of 23? no he wasn't. Why are people counting Murray out of ever winning a grand slam when he is only 23? he still has his entire career ahead of him and will only get better with age and experience. Henman was a great player too.

Murray wont win a Grand Slam until he starts playing a bit more aggressive tennis, you can't beat players like Nadal & Federer in 5 sets by just waiting for them to make a mistake

was Henman world number 4 at the age of 23? no he wasn't. Why are people counting Murray out of ever winning a grand slam when he is only 23? he still has his entire career ahead of him and will only get better with age and experience

Because, being British, we are born with pessimism in our blood. Although I really like Andy Murray, and think he will win a GS sometime in his career. :)

Because, being British, we are born with pessimism in our blood. Although I really like Andy Murray, and think he will win a GS sometime in his career. :)

we must fight the pessimism!!

Tbf to Murray. Everyone who watches alot of Tennis (like moi ;)) will know that Wawrinka is much better than his ranking suggests. He hits the ball harder than most if not all tennis players and on his day he could beat anyone. Also Murray said he had a neck injury after the match so i dont really believe he "Bottled" it.

he can win a grand slam but he never be number 1 xD