Murray loses at U.S Open 3rd round

Will Andy Murray win a Grand Slam in his Career?

• Yes, He is only 23 and has great potential

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No, He is a bottler and won't be able to handle it

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
ever since he said his supporting anyone but england in the world cup after all them english fans go watch and cheer him on at wimbledon etc i allways want him to lose so good

ever since he said his supporting anyone but england in the world cup after all them english fans go watch and cheer him on at wimbledon etc i allways want him to lose so good

He said that comment as a joke. People need to get over it.

How can people say Murray is ****?! 2 Grand Slam finals where he had to play the best player to ever play the sport doesn't say **** to me. Also he's the world number 4!! has been up to number 2 at one point! How can you say he's miles behind the other top players when he has beaten them on numerous occasions, most recently in Toronto where he beat both Nadal and Federer. Oh and Henman wasn't **** either. Just because he never won a grand slam doesn't make him ****. He made it to countless semis which is a remarkable feat, better than any of us can do. I'm sorry but if someone says Murray is **** then you clearly have no knowledge of tennis, let alone in general!

hes not **** but i couldn't care less about him, like he says he plays for Scotland not Britain. For me Britain is a thing of the past unless it comes to Olyimpics. Its the same as Joe Calzaghe i never supported him either (although i wouldn't say that to his face) because he said he fought for Wales simple as that.

He is a bottler plain and simple. get the **** over it everyone. When it comes down to the proper tournaments the slams, murray leaves his best tennis behind him. He has done it time after time. Henman was world number 3 for a spell, yet i think he would be considered a failure for having that much talent and never winning a slam. so murray must also be considered a failure.

He is a bottler plain and simple. get the **** over it everyone. When it comes down to the proper tournaments the slams, murray leaves his best tennis behind him. He has done it time after time. Henman was world number 3 for a spell, yet i think he would be considered a failure for having that much talent and never winning a slam. so murray must also be considered a failure.

How is he a bottler? He has been to 2 grand slam finals. Is he a bottler because he hasnt won a grand slam? He's only 23 so probably has 8-10 years maybe even longer left to win one. The fact that you have written him off already shows that you actually dont have a clue what you are on about.

How is he a Bottler?! He's gotten to 2 grand slam finals ALREADY and unfortunately for him he has come up against the best player ever. It's not that bad losing to him is it? Also he's still young (only 23!!) and hasn't even hit his peak yet so to call him a failure is complete nonsense.

lol JDH almost the same message at almost the same time XD

he cant handle the pressure.. he simpyl aint good enough to compete week in week out with the top 3.... on his day he can be the best player in the world but consistantly he lets himself down with poor performances and a real attitude problem which lets his game drop

ill always cheer him on but doubt he'll ever win a grand slam due to nadal/federer being so dominant but he has proved in the past he is capable of beating both so ya never know... as for him beign **** well thats a laod of rubbish... 4th best in world aint rubbish... IMO I always liked nadal better than federer anyway i honestly think nadal better but obviously carrer titles proves other wise

Last edited:
added a poll as this thread has attracted a lot more interest and difference in opinion than I had expected. If you want me to add another option please say so

He's lost one match, calm down.

Probably the result of a long and tiring season. I'm sure he'll be back to his best sooner or later and I do hope that he wins a Grand Slam eventually.

How is he a bottler? He has been to 2 grand slam finals. Is he a bottler because he hasnt won a grand slam? He's only 23 so probably has 8-10 years maybe even longer left to win one. The fact that you have written him off already shows that you actually dont have a clue what you are on about.

How about his performance in them grand slam finals, they havent been the same player who got to the final, he has either let the pressure got to him in them finals or he was lucky to get there, because in both finals he hasnt looked like a grand slam finalist. So he isnt that good or he let the pressure get to him. You say 8-10 years to win one. Have you seen the quality of players being churned out now, this is his best time. Fed is on his way down and Rafa hasnt peaked yet( how good is he going to be when he peaks) Djokovic much like Andy hasnt reached his full potential but still has an Slam to his name. SO it wont get any easier for him.

How is he a Bottler?! He's gotten to 2 grand slam finals ALREADY and unfortunately for him he has come up against the best player ever. It's not that bad losing to him is it? Also he's still young (only 23!!) and hasn't even hit his peak yet so to call him a failure is complete nonsense.

lol JDH almost the same message at almost the same time XD

As i said above in this message, Rafa hasnt peak yet, neither has Djokovicm the young lad Querry reminds me of a young Roddick, lightning serves, big power player. It wont be any easier with time for Andy. Your Fed comment is also debatable, but lets leave that for another day.

How about his performance in them grand slam finals, they havent been the same player who got to the final, he has either let the pressure got to him in them finals or he was lucky to get there, because in both finals he hasnt looked like a grand slam finalist. So he isnt that good or he let the pressure get to him. You say 8-10 years to win one. Have you seen the quality of players being churned out now, this is his best time. Fed is on his way down and Rafa hasnt peaked yet( how good is he going to be when he peaks) Djokovic much like Andy hasnt reached his full potential but still has an Slam to his name. SO it wont get any easier for him.
QUOTE]

Oh yea, cus of course he couldnt possibly get even better, you say the pressure got to him in the grand slam finals. More likely he lost because he was playing Federer who is arguably the greatest player of all time, Nadal is a similar age to Murray and yet you seem to claim that Murray has peaked and Nadal hasnt? When Nadal also still gets a fair few injuries which could potentially shorten his career.

On the Querrey point, he has as many ange problems as Roddick which is why he is similar and relys on power too much, again, like Roddick. Even Nadal and all of his muscles know that tennis isn't all about power. Otherwise people like John Isned would win everything. Which, they dont.

Murray will go away now, find a new coach and come back better than ever.

JDH1989;677059 Oh yea said:
Murray is a similar age to nadal yet murray managed 2 finals whilst nadal managed 8 titles. The very best player tend to win slams by this time. Nadal, Federer, aggassi, becker, Borg even Roddick won an US open title by his 23rd b-day.

Your point on power is valid, but the game is changing, you need to have this streghten and power to win games nowadays, We have seen it with soderling, nadal and even Djokovic in recent years, the game is becoming about these new breed of players, big, tall and amazing power, the ability to bombard a player into submission with his power.

How many times has murray changed his coach? Ever thought it aint the coaches, it is the arrogant, egotistical man that is murray who thinks he is better then what he is.

i dont agree with Scott much but he is right on the money with this.

Murray is a similar age to nadal yet murray managed 2 finals whilst nadal managed 8 titles. The very best player tend to win slams by this time. Nadal, Federer, aggassi, becker, Borg even Roddick won an US open title by his 23rd b-day.

Your point on power is valid, but the game is changing, you need to have this streghten and power to win games nowadays, We have seen it with soderling, nadal and even Djokovic in recent years, the game is becoming about these new breed of players, big, tall and amazing power, the ability to bombard a player into submission with his power.

How many times has murray changed his coach? Ever thought it aint the coaches, it is the arrogant, egotistical man that is murray who thinks he is better then what he is.

Just because some people win grand slams before they are 23 doesnt mean that Murray wont win any. I dont think that he is going to be a great player, but that doesn't mean that he wont win a grand slam or two or maybe more. Not really sure how he is arrogant, most people with half a brain would call it passion for what he does and self belief which is surely needed if you are ever going to succeed at the top of any sport?

There is no ability to 'bombard' a player into sumission with power in tennis, it hasnt worked for a single player. You have basically said you agree with my point on power and then said actually power is vital. Nadal doesnt rely on power and, by the way, when was the last time Roddick won anything? Given that you seem to like using him in your points. The fact he has only won the US Open once SEVEN years ago shows that the game isnt about power.

Just a query - how do you know that Murray is or isn't arrogant? Have you ever met him? Ever engaged him in conversation? Because to me, it just seems that he's a bit shy and retiring, which can be mistaken for arrogance occasionally. I don't get how people can say Murray is arrogant whereas wankers like Mark Cavendish get off scot-free.

Just because some people win grand slams before they are 23 doesnt mean that Murray wont win any. I dont think that he is going to be a great player, but that doesn't mean that he wont win a grand slam or two or maybe more. Not really sure how he is arrogant, most people with half a brain would call it passion for what he does and self belief which is surely needed if you are ever going to succeed at the top of any sport?

There is no ability to 'bombard' a player into sumission with power in tennis, it hasnt worked for a single player. You have basically said you agree with my point on power and then said actually power is vital. Nadal doesnt rely on power and, by the way, when was the last time Roddick won anything? Given that you seem to like using him in your points. The fact he has only won the US Open once SEVEN years ago shows that the game isnt about power.

what about players like Nadal and Soderling. Tennis is becoming more about winners and the ability of a player to hit those winners time and time again, which murray has not got. I am goiong to make a bold statement, Murray will never win a grand slam which has Nadal, Federer, soderling and Djokovic in it, it will take all off those to be injured for him to win one.

what about players like Nadal and Soderling. Tennis is becoming more about winners and the ability of a player to hit those winners time and time again, which murray has not got. I am goiong to make a bold statement, Murray will never win a grand slam which has Nadal, Federer, soderling and Djokovic in it, it will take all off those to be injured for him to win one.

that statement is bold, ill give u that :p But I disagree. Obviously on clay murray has no hope if Nadal is playing. The same can be sed on grass (this year Murray played great at Wimbledon but still Nadal was too good) but hard courts is where Murray will win a grand slam at some point. Whether it be US or Aussie. He has beaten Nadal on hard before and can do it again, the same can be said for Federer. Federer is on the decline now and I can't see Nadal lasting too long on the tour (having such serious knee issues at a young age is a big worry). Given that Djokovic has seemed to have stalled in his development and that he has serious issues with heat etc then Murray has as good a chance as anyone. Yes there are many players out there that could win a grand slam but Murray is one of those many players.