Must have blu-rays?

Reaction score
I've finally decided to upgrade and get myself a blu-ray player (aka a PS3), but I was wondering what films to get. The ones I thought would be awesome are

• Expendables
  • Platoon
  • Apocalypse Now
  • Terminator I & II
  • Predator
  • Rambo
  • Rocky
  • Zulu
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • Demolition Man
  • Total Recall
  • Star Trek
  • Batman (Dark Knight + Batman Begins)
  • Escape From New York
  • Watchmen

From that list, you may be able to deduce what kind of films I'm after. Anyone got any suggestions? Oh, and I've seen Iron Man.

Last edited:
Inception.
SAW 3D.

Batman Dark Knight isn't really all that on Blu Ray. I've got it, and it's good - but it's not what I expected.

Not a fan of Avatar, always thought it was too much like Pocahontas meets the smurfs. Not a fan of the Saw franchise either, but I may give inception and the Matrix a bash!

both boondock saints, absolute favourite movies :D

Seriously, you have to get AVATAR.

The best Blu-Ray/3D movie there is.

Honestly i promise get a surround sound system and get transformers on blue ray..

shakes the mother ****** house down.. the neighbours came round and complained :D

PS: Avatar is the best thing for picture thoo

Avatar looks good on blu ray, but its a shame its such a poor movie.

Gladiator, Inception, Matrix, Iron Man, The dark Knight,

It all depends what your into tbh, but a lot of the older films that have been re released on blu ray dont look any better than the DVD version.

i have Rambo on Blu Ray picture is very good just waitin on more of The Sopranos to come out on Blu Ray now

Life
Planet Earth
Blue Planet
Nature's Most Amazing Events

Band of Brothers
The Pacific

Last edited:
have to second Planet Earth and The Pacific...

both boondock saints, absolute favourite movies :D

Shout!

Honestly i promise get a surround sound system and get transformers on blue ray..

shakes the mother ****** house down.. the neighbours came round and complained :D

PS: Avatar is the best thing for picture thoo

Already got a 50 watt Marshall amp for that...;)

Avatar looks good on blu ray, but its a shame its such a poor movie.

Gladiator, Inception, Matrix, Iron Man, The dark Knight,

It all depends what your into tbh, but a lot of the older films that have been re released on blu ray dont look any better than the DVD version.

This.

Alright, thanks for the heads up. You reckon any of the old Clint Eastwood films, e.g. Dirty Harry, Good, the Bad and the Ugly trilogy would be good? Also considering Lethal Weapon and Die Hard.

I would say just get the Blu-Rays of the Films you enjoy most and you will love them even more now you have them on Blu-Ray!

star trek
terminator salvation
preditor all films
alien colections
swordfish
toy story all films
harry potter all films
lord of the ring all films
Gladiator
i could go on for more

District 9
The Last Samurai

Can't think of anything else now for some reason...

No film collection is complete without Pulp Fiction. ;)

Pulp Fiction
Godfather 1 & 2
The usual suspects
Shutter Island
Memento
Goodfella's
Scarface (When it's on blu-ray)
Fight Club
The Dark Knight

Alright, thanks for the heads up. You reckon any of the old Clint Eastwood films, e.g. Dirty Harry, Good, the Bad and the Ugly trilogy would be good? Also considering Lethal Weapon and Die Hard.

I have the man with no name trilogy on blu-ray. Just a shame I don't have a decent TV to watch it on yet.

star trek
terminator salvation
preditor all films
alien colections
swordfish
toy story all films
harry potter all films
lord of the ring all films
Gladiator
i could go on for more

What are you talking about? Terminator salvation? There's only two Terminator films and I refuse to believe otherwise. (6) And many of the others are already mentioned in OP.

Goodfellas n Black Hawk Down r good on Blu Ray

Why's Goodfellas so good in blu-ray? I can't seem to remember many spectacular explosions etc in it.

District 9
The Last Samurai

Can't think of anything else now for some reason...

Is District 9 any good?

No film collection is complete without Pulp Fiction. ;)

Pulp Fiction
Godfather 1 & 2
The usual suspects
Shutter Island
Memento
Goodfella's
Scarface (When it's on blu-ray)
Fight Club
The Dark Knight

Why Memento?

I have the man with no name trilogy on blu-ray. Just a shame I don't have a decent TV to watch it on yet.

Ouch!

Anyway, I'm adding Where Eagles Dare and Zulu to the OP. A guy in the gym said they are amazing on blu-ray.