My 4231 with Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter jeid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 23K
It took a wee while for Soldado to get going, but then he was banging them in. My front 4 and CB's have the majority of the goals.

Glad you're enjoying it. Keep me updated with progress :)

im trying it with real madrid now haha!, and i like the fact you keep possession at a high level, i love that kind of football the other 4231 tactics ive tried including my own havent had that and ive not scored many goals, since ive used it ive not been out classed much just come up against a team who have defender brilliantly and got a early goal or a last few mins goal, as i say im going to try it with one of the big hitters see how it goes

I set it up with Real Madrid last night before I went to bed and set myself to go on Holiday. Woke up in 2016 this morning. I got the sack as I'd missed two years with the team. However, they won the league and two cups. They only made it to the 1st knockout stage of the Champions League. I'd like to think that if I were there, they'd have done better in that competition.

Some notable victories coming up. Notice that they're all at home. There were some decent results away from home, but they were grinded out by the looks of things.

These would make more sense with scores beside them...

3-0 vs Atletico
View attachment 457271

4-2 vs Barca
View attachment 457270

5-1 vs Athletic Bilbao
View attachment 457269

6-1 vs Dinamo Zagreb
View attachment 457268

6-1 vs Real Sociedad
View attachment 457267

7-1 vs Mallorca
View attachment 457266

Last edited:
my madrid game has just corrupted going to do a barce one instead the madrid one was going very well un beaten in 15 lost to barce then it broke

Since trying this tactic out for my 2nd season with Spurs, ive found it to be very good. Im sitting in 2nd spot after 15 games in the Prem. I'll report back in Jan :)

Just finished 2nd in the league. Won the Carling Cup and Europa League.

Lloris got the Golden Glove with 19 Clean Sheets (5 more than second placed Mignolet)
Soldado got the Golden Boot with 23 Goals (4 more than Van Persie)
Eriksen had the joint top assists with David Silva on 19
Eriksen also had the most Key Passes in the League
Dawson was the top rated player in the league.

Well i decided to once again try it on my testing save and i really liked it this time.Two BWM put a real pressure on the opponents.The only changes i've made was ticking the Get Stuck in and Push higher up.This way i feel safer.
As a result 2-4 away and mind blowing 5-0 at home.
View attachment 455521

Hi Andy, interesting changes there. Amazing result vs PSG. Are you finding that it's working better at home?

My idea with the two BWM's was exactly as you described. Kind of like two midfield sweepers. The defensive one sweeps up in front of the defence and the supporting one puts pressure on the opposition midfield/defence while supporting the attack. Dembel? is really good in this role, he had a load of assists/key passes in my save.

I'll need to try the get stuck in and push higher up instructions.

Kept few clean sheets.Maybe i was just lucky.It's risky against fast strikers i guess but it gives that momentum of pressure high up the pitch.

I had 6 clean sheets in a row with the original tactic, I also went about 5 games without conceding in Europe. It can be leaky away from home I'm finding. I want to try and make an away version of this. I'm wondering if playing a bit more direct and counter attacking would do it.

Wowsers... Playing as Dortmund(classic mode as on my laptop) just now and did the couple of changes you did as well as unticking the "higher tempo" instruction. Just played Bayern in the Super Cup. Check this out for a result. Not even got Reus or Mkhitaryan in the first 11 (both injured)

View attachment 455386View attachment 455385

6 clear cut chances against Bayern is mighty impressive. They had their strong team out as well. Will need to implement these changes on my Spurs save tomorrow when I get a chance to see how they progress. Just about to start season two with them.

I actually think the Supporting BWM really helps the way the team plays.

Using Gundogan as the support and Bender in the defend role with this team.

Last edited:
0_o what was their formation? i just suffered heavy away defeat to Bayern 4-1 thanks to de sciglio.Won at home 2-1 but it wasn't enough obviously.They played 4-2-3-1.But my Milan side is weaker than Dortmund mainly because i have only 1 true BWM and that is De Jong.And Balotelli is quite lazy.The only issue that bothers me though is that i struggle to score against oppositions who play with packed midfield: Flat 4-5-1 or insane 3-4-2-1 there's a lot of teams in serie A with pretty aggressive formations and i'm not quite sure how to hadle them.Maybe some tips regarding team instructions?

Back