My 4231 with Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter jeid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 23K
4231, same as me. Away from home I think it's more vulnerable, especially with a high line.

I'm thinking that with inside forwards against a packed midfield is a possible issue. If your IF's are cutting inside, you're just running them into a roadblock. Wingers would work better in such an instance as they'd stay out wide and run at the full back. Italy has always been a defensive minded country.

My OI's are always handled by my Assistant Manager

I'm developing an away tactic to play against the bigger teams. I'll see how it goes. If anyone who's using the original tactic wants to try it out and the new v2 tactic, gimme a shout and I'll get it to you.

Cheers

I'm developing an away tactic to play against the bigger teams. I'll see how it goes. If anyone who's using the original tactic wants to try it out and the new v2 tactic, gimme a shout and I'll get it to you.

Cheers

Love the V1, but agree with post #41 IF can run straight into road blocks. Looking to start a new save with either Newcastle or Spurs. would test V2 and away tactic for you

Ive played your tactic now all season. Made no changes. No team instructions during the matches..just assertive team talks and subs at 60-75 mins

So far... EPL played 33 W 18 D 10 L 5....GD +32 sitting in second with 64 points Man Utd above with 82 :/

I lost in the second KO stages of euro cup, 1st round of League cup and im in the final of the FA cup.

Team is LLoris, Walker, Umititi, Dawson, Alex Sandro,Sandro, Carroll, Lamela, Holtby, Lennon, Soldado SUBS: Ter Stegen, Townswend, Vitinho, Demeble, Vertonghen, Vydra, Eriksen

Ive played your tactic now all season. Made no changes. No team instructions during the matches..just assertive team talks and subs at 60-75 min

I double dare you to make changes during matches.It helps a lot.You just have to build on this tactic.

Ive played your tactic now all season. Made no changes. No team instructions during the matches..just assertive team talks and subs at 60-75 mins

So far... EPL played 33 W 18 D 10 L 5....GD +32 sitting in second with 64 points Man Utd above with 82 :/

I lost in the second KO stages of euro cup, 1st round of League cup and im in the final of the FA cup.

Team is LLoris, Walker, Umititi, Dawson, Alex Sandro,Sandro, Carroll, Lamela, Holtby, Lennon, Soldado SUBS: Ter Stegen, Townswend, Vitinho, Demeble, Vertonghen, Vydra, Eriksen

Andy is right, some changes and opposition instructions will help. As will Dembele as he's the best supporting BWM you've got.

I rotate Dembele with Sandro and Carrol depending on form and match fitness.

I havent found a need to do any match instructions mid game as i dont really lose a lot. I have more draws than id like so maybe i need to shout some instrctions to turn them into wins.

Just beat Fulham 8-4 was 5-1 up at half time :D made no instructions lol

Ok So tried your tactic out. Made zero changes. Zero match instructions just played the games out and made subs as and when needed and team talks...oh and zero match instructions. This is my second season with Spurs. the First season i used Klopps tactics. I finsihed 6th and won the league cup, knocked out early in FA and 2nd KO stages of euro cup. With your tactics i finished 2nd, won the fa cup, knocked out of league cup early on and got to 2nd KO stages of euro cup.

Soldado finsihed as Prem top goals scorer and overall played 40 scored 36 and 10 assists. AVG rating of 7.19

Lamela played 41 scored 21 and had 16 assists. I played him as the inside forward on the right AVG rating of 7.39

Holtby played 30, scored 3 but had 14 assists and an AVG rating of 7.28

Dawson was my rock in Defence.

My team was GK: lloris or Ter Stegen
RB: Walker or Nauhghton
LB Alex Sandro or Rose
CB: Dawson or Chiriches
CB: Umtiti or Vertonghen
MC: Dembele or Carroll
MC: Sandro or Capoue
RW: Lamela or Townsend
LW: Lennon r Vitinho
AMC: Holtby or Eriksen or Sigurosoon
STC: Soldado or M. Vydra (got a nice 16 year old regen dubbed to be the next Micheal Owen)/

Others who I used sometimes included Candreva and Defoe

i use your tactic too mate, with spurs! but i have added Stay on feet and Work ball into box and i disabled Retain possession...

Hey i ve been trying out this tactic with some success but my away record isnt great. i do def positioning for away games but still could do better away from home. In 7th place in the league in march as a result. Any ideas appreciated. thanks

Played 7 games as Man United now, 6 wins and 1 draw. One of the teams I beat was a top team (Man City).

So it's looking good so far, but one thing that doesn't really please me is how my strikers just aren't scoring. :(
I'm rotating Rooney and RVP, and I have Hernandez as back-up. NONE of them has scored yet. The IF's and the playmaker are scoring all the goals.

EDIT:
Lol, what a big failure from me.. Didn't notice that tactic hasn't been updated since november -_-

Last edited:
This tactic did me well for a couple of seasons with Spurs but recently seemed to lack the cutting edge it gave me when i first used it. Not sure if an update killed it

Back