Status
Not open for further replies.

Riiseeee

Reaction score
Had this save for a while now, probably a couple of days and have just thought of making a story for it.

When i was appointed as Manager, i felt it was a good start for me to begin my Football management career, and at a club like Notts County i felt i could achieve Premier League football in 5 years. The chairman backed me with a budget of £1.3m to get out of League 2. Then in January upped my budget to £4.3m but i did not feel i had to spend it, and it proved to be a good decision by the manager.

2009/2010:
Winner of League 2 with 109 points
Transfers in:
Adam Eckersley £75k
Rhys Murphy (Arsenal) Loan
Craig Cathcart (Man Utd) Loan
Ritchie De Laet (Man Utd) Loan
Alex MacDonald (Burnley) Loan
Jermaine Wright Free
Seamus Coleman (Everton) £300k
Dominic Green (Peterborough, 3 month loan)
Total £375k
Out: Russell Hoult Free
Total: £0
Will post up screenshots of finances if someone tells me how to, just to prove i havent cheated.

2010/2011:
Currently 1st in the League after 23 games, 15 won 4 drew 4 lossess
Transfers in:

Craig Cathcart £550k
George Boyd £700k
Gabriel Zakuani £1.2m
Ben Amos £675k
Lloyd Sam Free
Jack Colback Loan
Patrick van Aanholt Loan
DJ Campbell £275k
Ritchie de Laet Loan
Fransico Sandanza £30k
Rodrigo Possebon Loan
Total: £3.4m

Outs:
Mike Edwards Free
Matt Hamshaw Free
Craig Westcarr Free
Ade Akinbiyi Free
Jamie Clapham Free
Delroy Facey Free
Kevin Pilkington Free
Sean Canham Free
Stephen Hunt Free
Ben Fairclough Free
Luke Rodgers Free
Graeme Lee Free
Total: £0

All the above players were out of contract and i couldn't guarantee them first team football, so therefore they left the club.

I'm favorites to win League 1 following our outstanding League form last year, going on a 31 game unbeaten streak, including draws not just wins. Now we have notched up 11 straight wins in the League and looking to get promoted to the Championship, although its only 28th December our form looks great. Form that will probably get you promoted.

Will be updating the January transfer window on my ins and outs. Looking to offload a couple of players who seem to be dead wood.

Looks like a good thread mate and you've been very wise in the transfer market! I would advise signing Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield. In my Huddersfield thread, he and Rhys Murphy have a great understanding and have been scoring for fun helping me gain automatic promotion in my first season!

Anyway, i'll continue to follow! Get some screenshots uploaded!

Keep it up....

FOLLOW MY HUDDERSFIELD STORY HERE.....

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/huddersfield-fc-time-to-challenge-t30991.html

I have/had a Notts season, League one was very hard for me :/ what tactics are u using pal?

Here are the first couple of games of my season including pre-season, will be uploading more in a bit

Couple more screenies lads.

Just about to start my Plymouth game, will upload a screenshot after.

Nice transfers, is that just a standard 4-4-2? or have you made some adjustments to it?

Keep the good work up none the less! :)

Nice transfers, is that just a standard 4-4-2? or have you made some adjustments to it?

Keep the good work up none the less! :)

Its just the bog standard 4-4-2 formation mate. Just with my wide midfielders set as wingers instead of 'wide midfielder'.

Dissapointing end to the Plymouth game, i thought we were highly unlucky not to get 3 points. But non-theless we got a point which is better than none.
A fantastic win against Burnley in which new signing Martin Paterson (former Burnley striker) started the game and scored 2 goals and an assist. A great performance by the striker against his former club.

Notts County complete the signing of young midfielder Alex Marrow.
I believe Alex will become a very good addition to the squad, he is a good team player and a intelligent player.

W

Thought i'd get on and get some more games played. Heres the results up until March..

League table aswell..

Last edited:
Heres the League 1 end of season table along with the results at the end of the season.

County finding life in the Championship hard. Manager Rhys Lawlor was deeply shocked to see that Arsenal had been relegated from the Premier League, but now find themselves 1st in the Championship. Manager Rhys Lawlor, whose contract runs out in the summer, has stated he does want to sign an extension. He feels that Notts County have been great to him, and if he left then the fans of the club will have turned on him. But if the opportunity to manage at a higher level came around then he would think about it. He said in a interview with sky sports about the championship "We've found it hard last year coming up through League's 1 & 2 was nothing compared to this. We knew it was going to be hard and we tried to strengthen the positions we felt needed more strength in dept. You see some of the clubs in the League, the likes of Arsenal, Blackburn, Hull etc... and some of them pay their players £30k a week, and one of our highest players is on £15k a week in Kasper Schmeichel. What we've achieved in the years i've been here is incredible. I would change nothing for the promotions i've achieved with this club."

Status
Not open for further replies.