Home/Away
Opposition
Competition
A Rochdale 1-2 (W)View attachment 299463
H Notts County 1-0 (W)View attachment 299463
A Chesterfield 5-5 (D)View attachment 299463
H Oldham 1-1 (D)View attachment 299463
A Walsall 2-3 (W)View attachment 299463
"An unbeaten month was a big morale booster for Orient however they still seem to be suffering with defensive fragility none more evident than throwing a 3 goal lead at Chesterfield. A draw against table topping Oldham means this title and promotion race will go down to the wire for sure."

INJURY
View attachment 299460
"Another injury blow struck as Jobi McAnuff's January replacement Shaun Wright Phillips finds himself out for 6-7 weeks. Chris Waterman spoke out on this stating that young prospect Yannick Bastos would have a chance to prove himself now."

March
A lot of playoff hopefuls went to battle vs Orient in March these would be the defining months of the season!
Best Performance: Yeovil :D Worst Performance: Crawley :(

Home/Away
Opposition
Competition
H
Bristol City 1-1 (D)
View attachment 299463
A
Peterborough 1-2 (W)
View attachment 299463
H
Yeovil 5-2 (W)
View attachment 299463
H
Barnsley 2-1 (W)
View attachment 299463
A
Crawley 1-1 (D)
View attachment 299463

" A very good month for Waterman saw Orient beat promotion rivals Barnsley Peterborough and Yeovil, however a draw against Crawley moved Orient off of top spot in League One and gave Oldham back the advantage. Heading into the final weeks of the season Orient must now tackle Sheffiled United, MK Dons and Swindon"

INJURY
View attachment 299445
"Another injury blow for Orient as top scorer Jay Simpson will miss some big games as he nurses a not so significant however still lengthy problem."

View attachment 299443

View attachment 299270

April
Heading into the final month of the season and yet again only 1 clean sheet but we took it to the wire
Best Performance: Coventry :D Worst Performance: Gillingham :(

HOME/AWAY
Opposition
Competition
A Coventry 1-3 (W)View attachment 299269
H Gillingham 2-2 (D)View attachment 299269
A Crewe 2-4 (W)View attachment 299269
H Doncaster 2-2 (D)View attachment 299269
A MK Dons 2-2 (D)View attachment 299269
H Port Vale 2-0 (W)View attachment 299269
H Sheffield United 2-2 (D)View attachment 299269

View attachment 299266- A new unbeaten record since that humiliating defeat to Bradford. If only we could keep out goals lately

PROMOTED

Well done to Leyton Orient Class of 2014/15
View attachment 299265

Now the hard work starts in earnest as Orient and new boss Chris Waterman have one game left in which to try and win the League One title. 1 point seperates them from top place Oldham Athletic. The two have been embroiled in an exhausting race to the league summit which has seen both teams lose key personnel and it will come down to this final game.

Swindon Town vs. Leyton Orient & Oldham Athletic vs. Peterborough United
The title is decided May 2nd 2015

For the last time this season please...
View attachment 299263

Well done on getting promoted, only change I would suggest is adding in who scored each goal in the games so we can see who is doing well for you

Well done on getting promoted, only change I would suggest is adding in who scored each goal in the games so we can see who is doing well for you

Thanks. All coming down to the last game now. Yeah absolutely i was thinking of doing the same or at least for the new season doing like an occasional chart of top players in terms of goals and assists. Make it a bit more detailed

View attachment 299157
TITLE DECIDER 2014/15

"We have reporters gearing up at The County Ground and Sports Direct.com Park we will be bringing you blow by blow action of this last big day in League One"

View attachment 299155vs. View attachment 299156

Pre-Match Conference

Espn.com: "You have achieved the club ambition of promotion out of League One are you confident of more success to come?"
CW: I am always confident and i back my lads every week. That success could be winning this league or it could be more long term, we never stop striving to be the best"

BBC Sport: "With promotion sealed are you already looking to prepare your squad for the Championship?"
CW: "I think it is something i have considered, however i will not make any plans now as we still have a game left and we then have a whole summer to prepare"

SoccerChatOnline: "Are you confident you can guide your team to League One success given the fact you have a tough away trip while Oldham are at home?"
CW: "We will focus on our own game and not on Oldham's of course we will want score updates but no matter their result if we try our best and win we have done everything we can. I don't want any regrets left out on that pitch tomorrow."

Match Day

The nerves are flying high around Swindon and Oldham today as the title is on the line, come 4:50 who will be crowned victorious champions of League One and who will go up knowing they could have done more? The pressure is on for both sides. Leyton Orient can welcome back Jay Simpson who has played bit parts in the last two games. Let's see how they will line up for their showdown

Gary Woods

Lloyd James
Andys Nikolaou
Nathan Clarke
Gary Sawyer

Shaun Wright Phillips
Marvin Bartley
Dean ***

Hogan Ephraim

Jay Simpson

Kevin Lisbie

3PM- Kick Off Time

3.04- A good chance for Peterborough who force a brilliant save and clearance from Oldham defenders
3.08- An early corner for Swindon is caught by Gary Woods but his attempted breakout is thwarted and Swindon win a throw deep in Orient territory
3.10- GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL Oldham 1-0 Peterborough (Tidser) a brilliant flowing move catches Peterborough napping and Oldham have one hand on the title!
3.11- Kevin Lisbie is felled in the area referee says dive and books Lisbie, news filters through that Oldham have taken the lead!
3.21- A lull in both games has given us the chance to preview the Playoffs which will see Yeovil, MK Dons, Barnsley and Doncaster compete for a spot in the Championship; Oh a chance for Swindon who hit the bar from a free kick. Orient have yet to really get out the blocks
3.23- A good save from Woods keeps out Williams and Orient survive again
3.28- Peterborough try to force an equaliser from a corner but the header is touched over by Foderingham
3.33- Swindon are kept out again by Woods and Orient are struggling with the pace of Swindon right now.
3.34- Oldham have an effort stabbed off the line as Boro survive a scramble.
3.38- More Swindon pressure is rewarded with a corner however Orient clear their lines well and counter down the other end for ***'s effort to blaze over.
3.41- GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL Swindon 0-1 Leyton Orient (Simpson) against the run of play some good midfield work by Bartley drops to Lisbie who's shot is knocked across the box by a defender for Simpson to turn home. They are fighting back!
3.42- GOOOOOAAAAALLLLL Oldham 2-0 Peterborough (Nitcham) a goal from nothing as midfield possession breaks down for Boro and one simple ball across the pitch is ht across goal and into the corner. Game over?

3.45- GOOOOAAAAALLLLL Swindon 1-1 Leyton Orient (Williams) patient probing pays off for Swindon who get their reward right on half time. Poor covering from Wright Phillips allowed a cross to be turned in at the back post.

HALF TIME

View attachment 299188Chris Kamara "Oldham have totally bossed this game and they don't really look like losing this one right now. Peterborough have been dreadful in defence. It could be a long 45 minutes for them."

View attachment 299187 Tony Cottee "Only one side have really shown anything at The County Ground and that's Swindon. If Orient want that title they are going the wrong way about it. Has the pressure caught up with them? It looks that way right now."

2nd Half

4.08- First chance of the second half goes to Orient as *** hits a freekick off the post and its run out to safety by Swindon
4.10- Orient again testing Foderingham this time Ephraim putting a low drive into a dangerous area. The follow up by Simpson is turned behind. Whatever was said at half time has stirred them
4.14- First real chance of note at Oldham and its Peterborough finding the side netting from an indirect freekick
4.18- Oldham nearly get a breakaway goal however a solid tackle turns attack to defence and Robinson nearly finds a way through. Blocked at the death.
4.22- Orient have a goal chalked off for offside against ***. The midfielder hangs his head.
4.23- Swindon nearly edge ahead as they round Gary Wood only to hit the side netting. Big chance!
4.26- GGGGGOOOOOAAAALLLL Oldham 2-1 Peterborough (Robinson) the comeback is on and some slack defending on a corner costs Oldham.
4.28- Orient fans singing that Peterborough have scored nearly spurs their team on however Ephraim is deniedby Foderingham's legs.
4.30- GGGGGOOOOAAAALLLL Oldham 2-2 Peterborough (Robinson) you will not believe this! Robinson breaks clear and plays a neat interchange with January signing Bosh and fires low for the equaliser. Now we have a game!
4.31- Orient fans are delirious and Waterman urges his team forward but Swindon nearly get in Route One good awareness from Nikolau
4.33- A threatening corner from Swindon is nearly turned in by Robertson however Lisbie hooks it clear in front the far post.
4.34- GGGGGGOOOOOOAAAALLLLL Swindon 1-2 Leyton Orient (Clarke) a scrambled corner up the other end falls to Lisbie who is denied, then Wright Phillips who hits the bar but Clarke outmuscles his marker to turn home. This title story has turned on its head!!!
4.37- Swindon try desperately to equalise but a tame shot at Woods keeps Orient on top.
4.43- Oldham get a shot away from deep which is saved they seem out of puff
4.46- PENALTY TO SWINDON; One last twist in this title picture? Swindon have a penalty won by a late challenge from Clarke who goes in the book. ITS SAVED!!! Woods stretches a hand out and pushes it away. The backup keeper may have just won the league!

FULL TIME

View attachment 299160 View attachment 299159

In a nail biting final day Leyton Orient emerged triumphant over Swindon winning the League One title after a Peterborough fight back forced a draw against Oldham.

View attachment 299158

A Final Statement from Chris Waterman

"I am pleased that we have been able to not only achieve promotion but also win the league for our fans this season. As we have seen there are a lot of talented teams in this division and there is still a spot to be filled by someone but we have all the scars and memories of a hard fought season. Our players will now take a well earned rest as myself and the board look ahead to next season and begin preparations for life in the Championship. That league is arguably the hardest to compete in and we will love throwing ourselves into the competition. Today i saw the two different sides to our team however what it showed me was the lads will never stop fighting. We would just like to say a big thank you to all our fans and everyone associated with the club for making this season a dream for the players and myself. I could not have wished for a better first season in management and i hope it continues for a long time at the helm of this club!"

Last edited:
End of Season & Awards
So the season is now over 2014/15 has been very successful. Here is the latest news as we prepare for our holidays.

View attachment 298159 Dean *** is Player of the Year- Avrg rating: 7.68

View attachment 298157 View attachment 298156 Jay Simpson Top Goalscorer in League One- 28 Goals in all comps

View attachment 298155 3 players making it into Team of the Year (very disappointed McCarthy or Ephraim didn't make it in as i felt they were key components to us winning the league)

View attachment 298154 View attachment 298152 The fans cast their votes!

Commercial
View attachment 298149 View attachment 298148 Good sponsorship news all round hopefully the new kit deal will bring new revenue.

Disaster strikes as plans cancelled
View attachment 298144
"Naturally we are very disappointed at hearing about the cancellation to our youth facilities as the upgrades were so near completion and it was a big part of me taking this job, however new promotion to The Championship will lend itself to new monetary options. We will continue to pursue this and although right now the board are unwilling to listen to my demands something will give."