My Arsenal Formation, very fluid system!.

leedsfan

Reaction score
Hey so I've devised an arsenal system that is structured within a very fluid system. IT WORKS. as Arsenal fans will know, Arsenal do play a very fluid, expressive game, i will be just explaining this to you for now, but have screen shots up within a few days. So the formation is a striaght back 4, a triangle midfield operating from defensive mid to two CM's and AML, AMR and a stricker. The key is to have obviously one defensive midfielder but also someone of defensive minded in there too, denilson will be good to play alongside FABS, if you choose to play fabregas along side ramsay you will have to change your stratagy to just fluid, as the defensive player in midfield will become much more responible and sit back. The very fluid system has 6 supporting player, the defensive mid is supporting when at home, away i like to put him defensive duty if playing the big teams, fabregas if you do not know by now is best played box-box midfield. who ever you choose to player against fabregas must be supporting duty aswell, i may have missed out that the triangle midfield must consist of box-box midfield, ball winning midfielder and defensive midfielder all with the support duty, when at home, away defensive midfield player set to defence. the right back and left back should be set to support too as this will provide extra width for midfeild, this is IMPORTANT!. the AML and AMR have attack duties one of which should be set to inside forward ideally this position should be set with a player left sided player playing on the right and/or right sided player on left. I play with arshavin on the left as the inside foward and either walcott or Affaley on the right. nasri and roscky can only really play on the left i feel, but you could play them on the right hand side if need be. not as effective though. walcott must be set as a normal winger . now the reason i said earlier to set the left and right back to support duty is because arshavin being inside forward is going to cut insde alot hence the title inside forward. set his 'Roam from position' to yes and high creativity. walcott normal creativity, but set his 'Roam from position' to yes. this is the reason why the right back and left back have been set to support. with the AML and AMR roaming to dictate play form the final third of the pitch, the full backs have that responsiblility of width. The box-box player must be able to run forward often. the ball playing mid is the aggresisive one, so if his tackling is quite high and his decision making is good set his tackling to hard. the closing down of the pitch should be own half for defensive mid, ball playing and box-box mid should be whole field ideally about 4 clicks above own half. the AML and AMR should be set to close down whole pitch ideally 3 clicks from full. Now the stricker. Van persie, i have, i also have Cardoza, Eduardo, and Bendtner (which is pants should sell him if you hve the chance). So with Van pesie you should play him complete foward, with support act too. creativity high ( 3 clicks above normal). and forward runs 'rarely'. roam from position set to NO. this is also important as the system will have to many players out of position. this will leave the team vulnerable to counter attacks. the defensive player in my case is De Rossi has high creativity so i set his creativity to high but no roaming. this leaves him free t be expressive with passing etc. the ball playing mid should be limited in his approach to the game. his supporting and means he will try to win the ball back high up the field. I have Mohammad sissoko playing there in my team. short passing and normal creativity. Now the team settings. Defensive line set to Deep. Width Narrow. Tempo very slow. closing down set to press more. passing to shorter passing. everything else should be to default. My defensive partnership is Federico Fazio and Mexes. Mexes is ball playing defender with duty as stopper, Fazio just an out and out defender short passing defender wirth duty plain and simple defend. This tactic has done me proud. I'm only on my 3rd season but I've won league 2 times. league cup 2 times and FA cup once. Been unbeaten in a season and a half and did not conceed a goal for 27 league games. So i hope this works a well for you as it has done for me. (H)(H)

damm :O im not even going to read that lol ill take your word for it, maybe use paragraphs in the future mate:)

That is an extremely large block of text.

Ahhhh! My eyes hurt!! Seriously it does, do what Jake says and then I will read your post.

Sounds brilliant, upload it mate, maybe then you wont have to explain it all ;)

Lol,I'm not going to read that until you sorted it into paragraphs mate ;)

I would read that but I don't have a spare week.

I read it, maybe I was too free.

1. Most of the players are not Arsenal's. I doubt you could buy so many new and high profile players in 3 seasons.
2. Some tactics are arguable like "supporting" fullbacks, defensive line to deep and tempo to very slow.

Sounds good Leedsfan, try put some screenshots next time in catergories like defenders/midfielders/fowards then explain the PI's for each individual player and everything else you want to add making it alot easier to read for others or you can just upload it.

Yes after i posted this thread i did look back on it and go 'WOW' . i will do what you all have suggested next time, i just do not know how to put screenies up as you can see if have none up atm, if anyone can tell me would be good thanks .. also if i can be bothered to mess with such a 'crafted text' i will, in order to paragraph it and all that, make it abit more readabe ... anyway if you can tell me how to put screenies up i will do this. Cheers people!

did not conceed a goal for 27 league games
oh wow.
The walll on your defense must be as solid as your post you got there. :p

ok so about to put screenies up, I've gone abit mad and done screenies for everything aha, but only helps more right, so like every players instructions, ect ect. 'KOFLOK' lol yes indeed, i do apoligize for that, in a new aseason now thought, conceeded more than i would of liked, new players ect.

Have you uploaded this tactic? I love tactics that dominate possesion and is attractive to watch in the match engine, even if i dont win. :D

And a 'Arsenal system tactic' sounds like just what i'm looking for.

Looks good, been searching for a Arsenal/Barca formation to use for quite sometime and none of them work for me. Mind uploading it? :D

Yeah it took me a while to perfect this tactic and the formation, mostly because of the fluidity. but I've since found that with an anchor man in my case De Rossi (although does'nt have to be an anchor man, can be a Defensive mid but with defence duty not support), you can even play two attacking midfielders, but set one of them to normal mentality with roam from position ticked, so as he can drop into space pick up the ball and make thing happen and the other to attacking with roam from position no but forward runs often so he can support the lone stricker, in my case i have Fabregas with the normal mentality and roam from position yes and high creativity, and Alan Dzagoev with attacking mentality with high creativity, forward runs and with no roaming......both as Box-Box mids........... 'noname11' surely there's no need for uploading this tactic, its all up on screenies, just copy it. obviously your players need to be similar. I would like to put some praise on Gatid as he did help me quite alot with the Arsenal tactic, slow tempo (helps possesion) etc etc. Let me know if it has helped you with your Arsenal team. thanks!. ;)