My Arsenal Formation, very fluid system!.

Affeley poistion

I also brought Affeley in to play on the right. I have been using your tactics so far and they have been going well. I have Theo on the right at the mo as a wiger set to run to byline and cross. He has been playing well. I want to start bring Affeley into the set up more now but know he cant play as a winger.

What have you set Affely up as e.g Advanced playmaker??

Hey HARRIFM10. I rarely play Affely in centeral attacking role, as my usual formations are the one I've posted or a usual 4-4-2. I play him on the right but he is two footed so either left or right really. i play him on the right with creativity one click below high and his raom from position yes. if you do play him on the left set his wide play to cut inside, on the right just set it to normal, hope it helps!.

Hey so I've devised an arsenal system that is structured within a very fluid system. IT WORKS. as Arsenal fans will know, Arsenal do play a very fluid, expressive game, i will be just explaining this to you for now, but have screen shots up within a few days. So the formation is a striaght back 4, a triangle midfield operating from defensive mid to two CM's and AML, AMR and a stricker. The key is to have obviously one defensive midfielder but also someone of defensive minded in there too, denilson will be good to play alongside FABS, if you choose to play fabregas along side ramsay you will have to change your stratagy to just fluid, as the defensive player in midfield will become much more responible and sit back. The very fluid system has 6 supporting player, the defensive mid is supporting when at home, away i like to put him defensive duty if playing the big teams, fabregas if you do not know by now is best played box-box midfield. who ever you choose to player against fabregas must be supporting duty aswell, i may have missed out that the triangle midfield must consist of box-box midfield, ball winning midfielder and defensive midfielder all with the support duty, when at home, away defensive midfield player set to defence. the right back and left back should be set to support too as this will provide extra width for midfeild, this is IMPORTANT!. the AML and AMR have attack duties one of which should be set to inside forward ideally this position should be set with a player left sided player playing on the right and/or right sided player on left. I play with arshavin on the left as the inside foward and either walcott or Affaley on the right. nasri and roscky can only really play on the left i feel, but you could play them on the right hand side if need be. not as effective though. walcott must be set as a normal winger . now the reason i said earlier to set the left and right back to support duty is because arshavin being inside forward is going to cut insde alot hence the title inside forward. set his 'Roam from position' to yes and high creativity. walcott normal creativity, but set his 'Roam from position' to yes. this is the reason why the right back and left back have been set to support. with the AML and AMR roaming to dictate play form the final third of the pitch, the full backs have that responsiblility of width. The box-box player must be able to run forward often. the ball playing mid is the aggresisive one, so if his tackling is quite high and his decision making is good set his tackling to hard. the closing down of the pitch should be own half for defensive mid, ball playing and box-box mid should be whole field ideally about 4 clicks above own half. the AML and AMR should be set to close down whole pitch ideally 3 clicks from full. Now the stricker. Van persie, i have, i also have Cardoza, Eduardo, and Bendtner (which is pants should sell him if you hve the chance). So with Van pesie you should play him complete foward, with support act too. creativity high ( 3 clicks above normal). and forward runs 'rarely'. roam from position set to NO. this is also important as the system will have to many players out of position. this will leave the team vulnerable to counter attacks. the defensive player in my case is De Rossi has high creativity so i set his creativity to high but no roaming. this leaves him free t be expressive with passing etc. the ball playing mid should be limited in his approach to the game. his supporting and means he will try to win the ball back high up the field. I have Mohammad sissoko playing there in my team. short passing and normal creativity. Now the team settings. Defensive line set to Deep. Width Narrow. Tempo very slow. closing down set to press more. passing to shorter passing. everything else should be to default. My defensive partnership is Federico Fazio and Mexes. Mexes is ball playing defender with duty as stopper, Fazio just an out and out defender short passing defender wirth duty plain and simple defend. This tactic has done me proud. I'm only on my 3rd season but I've won league 2 times. league cup 2 times and FA cup once. Been unbeaten in a season and a half and did not conceed a goal for 27 league games. So i hope this works a well for you as it has done for me. (H)(H)

my arsenal team play like ****. they defend was never effective.. always let go of stupid goal. and my fabregas also not always perform. his overall rating is 6.80... how to solve this?? do i need to sold my fabregas?? and my defender.. is mathiu bodmer and vermaelen.. vermaelen play like ****.. always loose ball.. his stat is amazing, yet play like ****.. how?

well if you look at my system and screenies for players, they suit their roles for example i have Mexes as ball playing defender/stopper .. his stats replicate this his good at passing and anticipation and agression is right for the stopping role. if you wanna match my set up like for like i suggest you nuckle down and buy and sell playrrs. i sold vermaelen coz i have mexes and fedrico fazio in defence. Fabregas have you set his instruction and role to what i have put up as a screenie? .. If you are playing a ball winning mid next to Fabs in midfield then i suggest you change his role to either midfield support/attack. coz I've found out recently that if you play fabs in box-box midfield have a advanced playmaker or even midfield/attack player next to him, in my case i have fabs as box-box and Mats Rits (you should buy him, he is class) playing as midfield with attacking role foward runs often and runs with ball often. POst a screenie up mate of what you want me to look at and ill take a look for you.. thanks... To get the best outa Vermaelen set his passing to short, tight marking tick yes, closing down field one click below half way bar. mentality all the way down to defend, creativity none. hold up ball no. For Fabs i say Mentality to one click below attack if playing as box-box mid, creativity 3 clicks from full, passing mixed, through balls often and everything else to sometimes, raom from position yes and set him to playmaker... Also When your team are doing badly tell them exactly what you think of them, i think if there ratings are 6.0 - 6.3 disappointed/prove a point/you have faith.. 5.9 and below angry.. 6.7 - 7.5 pleased/welldone/did well. 7.9 and upwards Delighted/fantastic. When you tell a player exactly what you think of em they buck there ideas up, if not drop them for a few games and if there rating is below par on team talk tell them 'I expect better'.. this should help also. Im quite good at keeping my moral of the team up aswell probs why i done so well.

Last edited:
Had the same formation as you in my AS Cannes save won the ameture league gained promotion to the top tear in french football. Really hard for team to break down. Well done with your results in the league mate. I am currently managing Arsenal but havnt used that tactic because i have a dominant three centre mids who won me the league last season. Will post my tactic up later .

how did you manage to get all the money for them high class oplayers?? even with bojan on the nech he costs around 5 - 7 mil

You have to be carefull in managing your players. when contracts have expired and you offer new ones, try and take there wage down abit and maybe singing bonus a little bit up you'll save money plaus, its just selling on players for more then their worth, took me at 3 seasons to get all of them players, and by the way sissoko you can by him quite cheap but he turns out to be a world class defensive mid, his a rock in the anchor position. you can pick Bojan up for cheap as he isnt a regular in barca sqaud on the bench so if you offer about 4 mill over his actual price tag you should get him preet easy, although he does take about 4 months or so to get going, if you set him to advanced foward then he should perform, plays really well in that role for me.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Brido looking foward to seeing you tactic man...

It's easier to just download a tactic and then click to use it than to open up each of your screenshots and copy them, having to flick on and off of FM to do so, its simple to just upload a tactic as well so if you upload I will try it out.